Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spinal breathing: end session at third eye or root
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  1:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does it make a difference which cycle one ends on? I've been consciously making sure I cycle to end at root.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  1:26:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The cycle is up the spine and down... so yes, ending at the root completes the cycle... and it is better to end there and complete the cycle.
Don't worry it will become a natural process soon, you wont have to think about it.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  3:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would just end the session by relaxing the breath for a few times and then returning to normal breathing. You don't need to worry about the focus, just let it go at that point
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  09:31:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the suggestions. On a side note, I've noticed that the SB has taken on an odd characteristic where I feel out of breath before I make it back down to root. Oddly I did not have this issue when first starting out. I think the slower I go, the more it happens. I find myself needing to catch my breath a bit upon returning to root. Is it safe to do the technique faster, which seems more comfortable if less "precise"?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  09:54:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do it at the speed that feels natural. Dont speed up attention to sync up with breath, or breath to sync up with attention. If you have run out of breath before you reach the base of your spine, jump your attention to the base... don't take a breath and then follow the rest of the way down. Similary, if you have reached the base of your spine and still have some breath to relaese, keep your attention at the base and breath out all the way. It will only be temporary. Things smooth out soon.
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  12:20:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti, I have been trying to time it all out with the inhalation and exhalation. Regardless of how deep I inhale, I always seem to run out of breath before I exhale to root. Will do the "jump" from here until it smoothes itself out. Much appreciated!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000