Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Newbie on board!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gugal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  09:27:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everybody and lot of thanks for this wonderful website.

I came to this point in my life when I realized that the whole sense of life is way different than what it is right now.

I remember very clearly that in one night (I was about 4 years old) I was with my grandmother in a hotel and I woke up in the middle of the night and I looked to the window and I saw an white angel laid down outside the hotel room (it was floating) with an aura over his head looking at us. I tried so hard to wake up my grandmother but unsuccessfully.
When I was about 8-12 years old I've encountered some weird sensations like looking into the ceiling and after a while the whole ceiling was right next to me. Or another weird on was that fact that when I was in bed I was waiting for my heart to stop, of course for no reason. I didn't tell anyone this at that time because I was kinda scare that my parents will send me to the doctors. I always felt like I'm a prisonnier in this body and everything around me is "fake". To be honest I thought I had hallucinations and thats why I tried so hard no to think about it. Years passed and now I know for sure that I wasn't hallucinating.

When my grandmother died I felt her energy/spirit in the house she was coming toward me, I heard her steps on the floor, but I ignored and I turn to the side. A few seconds later I got paralyzed and I saw a black curtain of something black that was raining out of the sky, all of this on a incredible noisy and gray background. I tried so hard to get out of that but I couldn't move at all. I have no idea how long I spent in that state but after that everything was so calm and peaceful. Same event happened to me 1-2 years later while I was laying down on my bad. 1) Have any of you encounter this weird and strange events?

So about a month ago I started with a friend to talk about meditation and I got myself into it. At first I started meditating just by laying down on my bad and thinking so deeply about Saint Dumitru (I'm a Christian), His Holiness The Dalai Lama, and a great master from tibet that I saw it on youtube. One night I got so deep into it and I started to absorb some energy. All of a sudden I found myself in tears and I stop it because I felt that I can't control that energy no more (I was shaking intensively, uncontrollable). The sensation was exactly like been electrocuted but in a pleasant way. Next day I had this heavy headache, I felt myself like a living ghost but I started to have answers to many questions like, why is the hair/nails growing?; and more others. After that experience I started to heavily sweat every night and I lost 5 lbs in 2 days. I stopped that because I realized that I need someone to instruct me in a way or another because this can have serious consequences. This is how I got to Sadhguru. I paid attention at what he said on youtube and now I came to a point where I can't afore to pay for Isha Kriya practices.

Now I'd like to ask you a few questions:

2) Why is the posture so important in meditation (especially the straight up spine)?
The reason that I'm asking this is because my wife its against ny meditation technic and I can only do it while laying down.
I'm a skinny guy (fast metabolism) and I've been doing a lot of workout in the past couple years. I noticed that i'm getting older way faster than other so I decided to stop it.
My wife is kinda chunky and my breath is 2-3 times slower than her but in reverse her heartbeat is way slower then mine. I figured that it's all about the metabolism. 3) I was wondering if I can slow down my super speedy metabolism with yoga? I don't wanna loose weight because my wife gets crazy and I don't wanna make her suffer, I did it to much already by my stupid mistakes.
4) Why 11:30 pm - 1:30 am is considered to be the best time to meditate? Is our sun blocks the flow of energies from univers during the day?
5) It's true that the slower the blood circulates thru our vains the more easily is to control and flow of energy?
I'm kinda scare to try it hard because I always think: 6) What if I get out of my body and I get lost? lets say some energies will bother me and I'm not gonna be able to find my physical body? (basically die from stupidity....Is there a way to conquer those fears?)
7) Is there a particular yoga practice that I should fallow up regarding my experiences? I have no idea what method should I stick to.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration and I'm sorry for asking you guys so many questions from the beginning.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I wish all of you out there all the best.

With all my heart

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  03:23:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Gugal,

Welcome.

It is a little unclear as to what your practices are. If you could give us more detail as to what exactly you do and for how long - we could better guide you.

In AYP, practices are done twice a day (morning and evening) before meals and activity is recommended after the sittings. And we sit up comfortably if we are not yet ready for sitting in sidhasana - so you see plenty of differences already.

Have a read of the key lessons and see if it resonates with you.

warm regards,

Sey

Go to Top of Page

gugal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  10:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sey,

Im not doing something in particular, just lay down and breath deeply.That is way I asked for your guys kind and worm attention.
I started to read some about Kundalini and looks like without a strong mooladhara the spiritual life is compromise. Could you please tell me some technics that can work properly with my root chakra?
I noticed my feet are always cold which mean Im wasting my energies because my sacral chakra

Warm regards,
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  04:00:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Gugal,

If you are looking for an effective meditation practice, Deep Meditation (DM) as per Lesson 13 (under KEY LESSONS) is an excellent choice (I am totally bias ) - no, truly - it has served me well.

It is not recommended to raise Kundalini as a stand-alone practice as it can bring with it many energy problems. AYP takes a balance approach using Spinal Breathing Pranayama (the kundalini kick-starter) and Deep Meditation. First get establish and stable with DM, then you can start thinking of raising kundalini with SB. There are many benefits to meditation, including better health and yes - there is even the possibility of seeing angels. However, AYP is mainly a Spiritual Practice and the results we are looking for are harmonious daily lives with Love and compassion. Yogani explains it all so simply and beautifully in the lessons.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

gugal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  12:16:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sey,

I tried Sidhasana but I can't stay to much, my left leg is hurting me. I asked another person and he told me to sit comfortably on a chair with my spine straight.

I tried DM but for some reason I can't be focus for more than 30 seconds. I started have all kinda of pains and I'm very very nervous for no reason. My mind is wondering non-stop and the more I try to stop it the more aggressively it gets. I was looking online for some anti-stress mantras, I tried my on once but unsuccessfully. I read this http://jaikamal.com/PRANAYAMA-A_Daily_Scheme.pdf I realized that I'm using my right nostril more than my left one. I had a wound in my right nostril for years and I keept messing with it and know when I stop it my right nostril is use more than the left one (it became noticeable bigger than my left one).

I have no idea what to do in this situation but im definitely more scared than I was ever.
My neck (especially when Im going deep breathing), testicles, pancreas, liver, appendicitis are hurting me.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Warm regards

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000