Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Tantra is useless. Do not waste your time after...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

milind

India
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  05:05:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Tantra is useless. Do not waste your time after tantric sex.

Tantric sex is not the best of all techniques, it is only one of the techniques.

Instead tantric sex spinal bhastrika is best. To experience real spinal bhastrika , practice bhastrika for two years

Fantasies also pollutes environment.

Celibacy is not that much difficult. If we think we can achieve it in some years.

What is your opinion?

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  02:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My opinion is that you contradict yourself, first saying that tantric sex is useless and then that it is just one of many techniques. I would agree that it is one of many choices but would say that it is far from useless. Spinal bhastrika is also one of many techniques but honestly not one that seems to be all that profound in my opinion. It seems like a cleansing practice that has its use but personally I no longer practice it.
Go to Top of Page

milind

India
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  03:49:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know anyone who enlightened from tantric sex.
But I know many yogis who enlightened by Hathyoga.
And bhastrika is heart of Hatha.

I don’t know what is meaning of spinal bhastrika. But in my opinion it is not only cleansing technique.
In my opinion It is advanced bhastrika with all three locks.

Tantric sex is beneficial only when partner is mostly your wife and full respect and love with partner and process. Otherwise it will pollute surrounding environment and your LUCK too.

If solo practice, with dirty fantasies how can one get purest “shiva” ?

Edited by - milind on Jan 25 2013 04:04:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

milind

India
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  01:26:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My another opinion:
We can say tantric sex is useless because it is optional.

But cleansing techniques are not optional so we cannot say it useless.

Without cleansing if we try for whole life we will get nothing.

Most people get nothing with yoga because they bypass cleansing.

In the similar way good karma and bhakti are not optional in success of sadhana.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  04:04:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Once you clarify then it makes sense.I do not like the word "useless" as it means not worth the effort. Yogani teaches here on tantric sex for those who are in sexual relationships or who do not desire to give up sex in their life and so it is a teaching to help those in relationship. Celibacy is not for everybody or even for most who practice yoga. As such learning tantric sexuality is a step in the right direction over conventional sexuality for those who practice yoga.
Go to Top of Page

milind

India
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  08:13:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Who I am to clarify? Only your experience will give the clarification.

My opinion if one tastes the results of celibacy. You will stay away from all type of sex like dirty animal passing from near you. Like ex-smoker stay away from cigarette.

OSHO said finally we must give up all these things.

Also you can check success rate of this process (means how many people enlightened by this process). Research required in all processes.
Go to Top of Page

milind

India
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  08:47:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani teaching many things other than tantric sex as per this website. People learning only tantric sex.

why ? it is learning or indulgence.

Buddha said stay away from indulgence with sleep and sin.

As written by yogani somewhere on this web site, I am enjoying connection between root and crown chakra. I don’t know what happens next but Experience is very good.

Thanks to yogani for this web site and her research.

I am requesting to start devotional stories section which helps to meditate.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  8:31:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by milind

Who I am to clarify? Only your experience will give the clarification.

My opinion if one tastes the results of celibacy. You will stay away from all type of sex like dirty animal passing from near you. Like ex-smoker stay away from cigarette.

OSHO said finally we must give up all these things.

Also you can check success rate of this process (means how many people enlightened by this process). Research required in all processes.

Your choice of words, e.g. "dirty animal," "cigarettes," reveals your own "issues" around sex. Everybody's experience is a little different depending on what kinds of emotional baggage we may be carrying. What works for one person may not be appropriate for another.

I have been a practicing yogini since age 13. I am now 49 and was celibate for 14 years before I met my husband 7 years ago. Celibacy was wonderful. I was perfectly happy being alone with the Lord. Now I enjoy sharing that relationship with my husband. We worship the Divine in each other. We have the most beautiful, incredible, sacred tantric sex and it is an important part of our yogic practice.

Note, "tantra" does not just refer to sex per se. In tantric yoga we celebrate and offer up ALL aspects of our life as our yoga practice. Unlike some other schools of thought which emphasize the gnostic dualism, "spirit is good, flesh is evil," in tantra our body is an expression of our spirit on this plane. Asana - hatha yoga - is whole-body prayer. Tantric sex is whole-body prayer. Sexual energy offered up (whether solo or with a partner) is spiritual energy. There is no conflict.

If you are not in a sexual relationship then there is no need to practice tantric sex. You may focus on whatever practices (including bhastrika) are the most beneficial for you. But, keep in mind that any yogic practice aimed at the union of opposites, shiva and shakti, the polarities within us, involves sexual energy (kundalini) which must be properly cultivated if we are to advance in our yoga practice. Please read Yogani's Tantra Lessons for more information: http://www.aypsite.org/T1.html

Namaste.
Go to Top of Page

milind

India
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  01:11:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are correct radharani If tantra is in your style then only correct.

But what is your opinion about dirty fantasies(solo).

After enjoying 14 years celibacy why you started this.
It is unbelievable. But I must believe because you are working with yogini.

And after reading this website I can say yogini is not fake. Her experiences are real.
Go to Top of Page

milind

India
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  01:44:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do not want to hurt anyone specially people like yogani and other like yogani.

Instead I want their blessings and advice to become successful in my sadhana.

Very sorry if any one hurted.

Edited by - milind on Jan 29 2013 02:06:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  02:28:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Milind,

I can't comment on your questions since I don't practice tantric sex. However, it is a very healthy thing to keep in mind that although there is one destination, there are many paths towards it. Claiming a practice is useless because you don't practice it will only strengthen your spiritual ego which can be a big obstacle in your progress. Like bastrika, only practicing tantric sex is unlikely to guide one towards enlightenment, and it is advised to incorporate those practices in a more holistic approach (body work, pranayam, meditation etc.). Good luck with your sadhana!
Go to Top of Page

milind

India
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  04:57:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Medea.

I used word “useless” because with tantric sex I cannot push energy above you can say “brahma granthi” but with spinal breathing & bhastrika I can pull energy in my whole spine up to ajna and crown chakra(very few times bright light flashes).

If I am having 4 hours then why should I waste some time from that time, in one process when I am getting more from another process?

It is not ego. I just want to confirm why tantra ? And why not without tantra?
So that I concentrate on only one process.

(It is also true that no one forced me practice tantric sex)

Edited by - milind on Jan 29 2013 07:51:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  12:55:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

You are correct radharani If tantra is in your style then only correct.

But what is your opinion about dirty fantasies(solo).

After enjoying 14 years celibacy why you started this.
It is unbelievable. But I must believe because you are working with yogini.

And after reading this website I can say yogini is not fake. Her experiences are real.

Dear Milind,

What do you mean by "dirty" fantasies? Earlier you said "dirty animal." Do you think sex is dirty? If so, then probably tantric sex will not be a good practice for you. With regard to solo tantra, if "fantasy" is required then I would visualize your beloved Deity. That is the tradition. Some people meditate on a picture of their Deity, others hold the image in their mind, and others do not need to visualize anything.

As to why after 14 years of wonderful celibacy: I inherited this farm, 9+ acres and 2 horses, and I could not take care of the land and animals by myself and was running out of money. I told the Lord, "You know I only want You, but You are not mowing the grass or fixing the fences and You are not making money grow on trees. What do You want me to do?!" Shortly after that one of my friends from karaoke confessed that he loved me. It is a romantic story which I recounted before but cannot find the thread. I told him, "I don't date, I am already in Love." and he said, "I wish I could be in that Love!" and we sat in meditation together. He began helping me with the farm and I grew to love him despite my better judgement. We have been together 7 years now.

I will tell you, it was much EASIER being celibate! And celibacy was more consistently blissful and ecstatic. God is the BEST company. However, being in a relationship with an incarnate human being has been more beneficial spiritually in terms of growing in compassion, patience, etc. Also our spouse is God's Love for us expressing in human form.

Now I enjoy the best of both worlds because we are on different schedules, so I have plenty of time for my solo meditations as well as some time with my husband.

I am not hurt or offended by anything. Please feel free to ask any questions and I will be happy to answer as best as I can.

All blessings to you.

Edited by - Radharani on Jan 30 2013 10:02:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

milind

India
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  01:03:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. You are thoughts are very clean and near to shiva than my thoughts.

I liked this :: "God is the BEST company. However, being in a relationship with an incarnate human being has been more beneficial spiritually in terms of growing in compassion, patience, etc. Also our spouse is God's Love for us expressing in human form."

Today I experienced OSHO's quote ::"Go deep inside, and you will be surprised that hate, anger, jealousy all exist only on the periphery. In the innermost center of your being there is only love"

Give me blessings that my sadhana will not break till the end of my life.

Edited by - milind on Jan 30 2013 01:39:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  01:43:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I told him, "I don't date, I am already in Love."

that is a beautiful beautiful post dear Radharani...the above sentence made me speechless...i hope i will be like you
Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  02:30:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Millind,

why not have sadhana without tantra? For example; I know a person who has really strong sexual urges, even though he has had an intense sadhana for over 15 years. He was celibate brahmachari for several years, but it wasn't healthy for him since he had to actively suppress his sexuality. For a person like him, it can be better to handle those energies in a healthier way through tantric practices, so they actually support his progression/unfoldment instead of becoming a mayor obstacle.

You see, (and this is of course my opinion on the matter), spiritual practices don't have to be focused on renouncing all worldly things. Much more important is renouncing the attachment to them. In that way we can act in the world, act out some samskaras, and even enjoy worldly things without being affected by their outcomes.

But of course; if you have negative connotations when it comes to sex, and your urges are not very prevalent, tantric practices can unrelevant to you as an individual. But that doesn't mean the practice itself is useless :) In the end however, Yogani also says that there comes a time when these practices are not necessary anymore since Shiva and Shakti are in union within ourselves at all times. When that moment comes we do not crave to re-enact this union with another being. Then we are the union (yoga/yogi).

Good luck to you!

P.s. Thank you Radharani for sharing your beautiful story and perspective on this matter. Your post are a delight to read

Edited by - Medea on Jan 30 2013 02:35:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  10:04:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thanks. You are thoughts are very clean and near to shiva than my thoughts.

I liked this :: "God is the BEST company. However, being in a relationship with an incarnate human being has been more beneficial spiritually in terms of growing in compassion, patience, etc. Also our spouse is God's Love for us expressing in human form."

Today I experienced OSHO's quote ::"Go deep inside, and you will be surprised that hate, anger, jealousy all exist only on the periphery. In the innermost center of your being there is only love"

Give me blessings that my sadhana will not break till the end of my life.

Dear Milind, All blessings to you!
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  10:06:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

quote:
I told him, "I don't date, I am already in Love."

that is a beautiful beautiful post dear Radharani...the above sentence made me speechless...i hope i will be like you

what? I thought you are like me.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  10:14:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Medea

Hi Millind,

why not have sadhana without tantra? For example; I know a person who has really strong sexual urges, even though he has had an intense sadhana for over 15 years. He was celibate brahmachari for several years, but it wasn't healthy for him since he had to actively suppress his sexuality. For a person like him, it can be better to handle those energies in a healthier way through tantric practices, so they actually support his progression/unfoldment instead of becoming a mayor obstacle.

You see, (and this is of course my opinion on the matter), spiritual practices don't have to be focused on renouncing all worldly things. Much more important is renouncing the attachment to them. In that way we can act in the world, act out some samskaras, and even enjoy worldly things without being affected by their outcomes.

But of course; if you have negative connotations when it comes to sex, and your urges are not very prevalent, tantric practices can unrelevant to you as an individual. But that doesn't mean the practice itself is useless :) In the end however, Yogani also says that there comes a time when these practices are not necessary anymore since Shiva and Shakti are in union within ourselves at all times. When that moment comes we do not crave to re-enact this union with another being. Then we are the union (yoga/yogi).

Good luck to you!

P.s. Thank you Radharani for sharing your beautiful story and perspective on this matter. Your post are a delight to read

Medea, Yes, attachment is the issue. In the same manner, avoidance can also be an issue. Either way, if we are serious yogis, our sexual energy (kundalini) must eventually be addressed, honored, and integrated into our spiritual practice.

Also, it is very possible to be perfectly fulfilled by the inner Divine union and have no "craving," and yet still be able to enjoy the tantric embrace in the appropriate circumstance. That has been my experience.

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed my posts.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2013 :  11:27:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Radharani

Could you please elaborate on this that you stated:

"With regard to solo tantra, if "fantasy" is required then I would visualize your beloved Deity. That is the tradition."

Maria
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2013 :  6:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SparklingDiamond

Hi Radharani

Could you please elaborate on this that you stated:

"With regard to solo tantra, if "fantasy" is required then I would visualize your beloved Deity. That is the tradition."

Maria

Well, honestly I was replying to Milind's question re: "fantasy" but it is unclear to me whether I really understood his question, i.e. I think he might have meant "fantasy" as a BAD thing, whereas I was addressing it as a useful technique.

When practicing solo tantra some people find it helpful to visualize their Divine Beloved. Many sit in front of a statue or painting. One such practice is heart breathing (http://www.aypsite.org/220.html) where you connect your heart chakra with your Deity. If I were going to visualize I would picture myself seated on His lap, although I actually don't need to visualize anymore; I already find myself there.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000