Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Was this kundalini awakening?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  9:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
First of all- Please pardon my grammar. English is not my first language.
...About two years ago, after going through some tough times I started questioning the existence of god. I was also pregnant during this time (it could be the hormones too!!!). My sensitivity to noise was heightened. The sound of lawn mower or horn would freak me out. I lost interest in the material world. I wanted to find out more about God~like how does he look l?(lol- this question seemed so ridiculous after reading AYP) Does he favor some people more than others?
Since childhood, I always wanted to know where we came from and where we go after death? Who we are? What were my past lives? I also used to have out of body experience as a child which I found out the “term” for the experiences after I started researching. But during pregnancy- I felt the urgency to know god. I got introduced to a bhakti yogini. When I went to visit her at the meditation place -This light entered my heart and I was filled with light. My body felt very light. I had never felt this kind of happiness before. People who met him that day commented on how radiate I look. It lasted that evening but the next morning, it went away. What was this light?
Another instance, I could feel my heart center rotate clockwise and was filled with bliss. It went away after I took a nap. I felt the pull to chant gayatri mantra. I memorized the mantra and would repeat it all day while carrying out daily activities. I had a vision of a deity one night. While researching all these symptoms- I came across the word kundalini and also AYP. I had never heard of kundalini before even though I was born in a Hindu family. Some days I would feel that my body was in a bubble. My perspective and priorities in life changed after this experience. I started reading and researching spiritual books. I wanted to start meditating . Was this a kundalini awakening? Even though, I didn't feel anything go up the spine.

Thank you all for your time
Sunyata

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  03:10:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Sunyata
this is not kundalini awakening,it is shaktipat
check this lesson:http://www.aypsite.org/146.html
and keep in mind that results will be continous only when one does daily practices,whereas shaktipat effects are always momentary
so just keep up your practices and your bhakti will lead the way
all the best
TGIIY!

Edited by - maheswari on Jan 08 2013 03:11:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  07:21:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sunyata,

All the symptoms you describe are symptoms caused by prana beginning to stir in the body. This is the beginning stages of kundalini awakening. As Maheswari says, the light that entered you from the yogini was part of a process called shaktipat. It is a direct energy transmission from one person to another. The light was prana entering your heart, but the fact that you could feel and see it shows that you have become receptive and sensitive on that level.

These are all good signs and they show that you are ready to go through an awakening.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  8:52:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Maheshwari for the link :).Yes, I'm keeping up my practice and bhakti is very strong.

Christi- Thank you for your input. I can't believe that was only beginning stages. It felt like I was living in hell for about six month. I had to find strength to keep going. I didn't even know such thing as kundalini and shaktipat exist. If the beginning stage is this bad, I can't imagine how it is when it's fully awakened. I hope and pray it's easier. I am continuing my practice but looking closely for overload.Another question- Since, I experienced all these during pregnancy. Did my baby also feel this?

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Jan 08 2013 9:14:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  05:04:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sunyata,

With an effective spiritual practice, the energies can be directed and controlled to the point where the experience of kundalini awakening becomes one of a gradual rise of ecstatic bliss. But that takes some knowledge and practice to achieve. Reading through the main lessons on this website will give you a good knowledge base towards that.

quote:
Since, I experienced all these during pregnancy. Did my baby also feel this?

That's a difficult question to answer. In the womb babies are largely in a state of bliss. They are very connected to the universe and live in a state of divine unity. But they are still sensitive and can feel and experience what is happening around them. It is all a bit buffered though by the protective bubble of the womb and the amniotic sack. So yes, to a degree, your baby would be able to feel some of what you were going through, but it was probably mostly drowned out by the radiant bliss of the womb experience.

The more interesting question for me would be: "If you were going through an awakening whilst you were pregnant, was your child born awakened?". There are roughly three ways of becoming kundalini awakened, one is through intense spiritual practice, the second is through shaktipat, and the third is being born to awakened parents. So keep a close eye on your child to see if it shows signs of being spiritually inclined. If it does, encourage it.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  7:45:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder often if he is born awakened. If he is then I'll be glad all the suffering was worth it. It's hard to tell because he's only a young toddler.
But he bows in respect to the pictures of gurus/sages and deities that are in the house. He bows to the
picture of a guru that is besides my bed first thing in the morning. It's amazing. As he grows
older it'll be interesting to see his curiosity towards spirituality.

Sunyata

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000