Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 few things going on
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nannybump

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2012 :  4:44:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there

This is my first posting.

I have been doing kundalini since October and it has really helped me with some physical health problems - probably stress-related - and changed my outlook on life in a very positive way.

I go to a lesson once a week but have also started doing a DVD at home and since doing kundalini at home have really gotten into it and felt its positive effects.
I hadn't done the dvd for a couple of days because of Christmas and I did it yesterday morning and felt really good afterwards.

When I went to bed last night I could hear buzzing in both ears and I looked on this forum and read meditation-induced tinitus is not uncommon.
I went to sleep and then woke in the middle of the night and the buzzing was completely gone. I was really grateful for this but then as I rolled over though I felt this amazing rush of energy go through me - it slightly scared me. I then had a horrible nightmare and woke again and had to get up and have a drink and snack.

If this is a kundalini awakening, I don't quite feel ready for it and would like to calm things down.

I want to continue with kundalini but wonder if I should do it every other day or slow down a bit until my mind and body get more used to it.
I'd be interested in what others think about this tactic?

There are a few other things to mention.
- I am pre-menstrual
- I drink up to seven cups of tea/coffee a day
- I have eaten quite a lot of sugar and general overindulgence over the Christmas break
- I haven't drunk alcohol since October

with thanks in advance for any insights as to what's going on.
Ringing in ears back today, but not really that bothered by it.

Edited by - AYPforum on Dec 29 2012 03:44:22 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2012 :  03:44:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

ramandra

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2012 :  4:13:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Nannybump

It's an interesting post, but a bit short on details. There are many practices that go under the name of kundalini yoga, Tibetan, Bihar, 3HO. If you are studying with one of those systems then you might want to seek clarification from them as advice might differ considerably! But on a more mundane level, that sheer amount of coffee could, I suspect, produce the symptoms you mention, with or without yoga practices to exacerbate them! Perhaps it will pass of its own accord in a week or so. If not, how about a detox to get the caffeine out of your system? Thank you for sharing, and good luck!

Edited by - ramandra on Dec 29 2012 5:15:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  01:11:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi nannybump and welcome!!

Sounds like this is a wise decision to seek balance. I have experienced extreme nightmares for couple of nights as an overload symptoms, but not the ringing though. but i have read other people experiencing the ringing or tinnitus. here is a discussion on tinnitus you may find helpful: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....rms=tinnitus

No worries though, you should be fine with some grounding and self pacing. You amy see the lessson 69 here to know about grounding and lesson 38 for self pacing:
lesson 69: http://www.aypsite.org/69.html
Lesson 38: http://www.aypsite.org/38.html

all the best
Go to Top of Page

nannybump

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  1:24:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks very much for responses.
That link on self-pacing was very helpful.
And I am trying to cut down the caffeine.

Am taking it gradual and realise now that's part of the process!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000