Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Going to Pune today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chakburthi

Germany
35 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  02:41:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I will be flying to India today! I am totally excited as science brings me there but I added an entire week in the Osho ashram. I also plan on visiting the Iyengar center if at all possible. I will keep my twice daily ayp practice but will try everything offered there. I know this is not really advised to do in the ayp system but I like to explore. Also, I expect the atmosphere of the place to be spiritually stimulating.

DAPA

Sweden
30 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  01:58:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chakburthi

I will be flying to India today! I am totally excited as science brings me there but I added an entire week in the Osho ashram. I also plan on visiting the Iyengar center if at all possible. I will keep my twice daily ayp practice but will try everything offered there. I know this is not really advised to do in the ayp system but I like to explore. Also, I expect the atmosphere of the place to be spiritually stimulating.

How lovely, I look forward to reading about what you find out and what your impressions were. Have a fun and nice trip
Go to Top of Page

Kite

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  12:11:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm envious, Chakburthi, would love to visit India myself. Maybe someday... But in the meantime, I will enjoy hearing details about your trip if you wish to share .
Go to Top of Page

Chakburthi

Germany
35 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  07:49:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Day one:

I arrived at midnight and went straight to bed only to awake at 4PM...Now I wishfully think this must be due to the enormous energy of the place but there are obvious alternative explanations.

So my first day begins a bit weakened with a 1h15min regular ayp practice followed by an introductory course into Osho style meditations. We tested shortened versions of the dynamic meditation and the so called kundalini meditation. I tell you, jumping up and down shouting "hoo, hoo, hoo..." is quite exhausting. So I didn't do much else that day other than my second ayp round followed by the evening event consisting of some dancing, meditating, listening to an Osho video, more meditating and more dancing. Everybody is completely dressed in white during this event, which was fun. I went to bed relatively early and couldn't get myself out of it until noon.

Ouch. All my muscles and my head hurt, I have zero appetite. I couldn't do anything else but practice my morning ayp routine, and then spend the entire day at the jacuzzi and pool area. Now I'll go for the second ayp round and then soon to bed. Pooh.

Maybe there are again other more obvious explanations but to me this feels like a spiritual overdose. Never really had this before. It looks like, it actually IS a bad idea to combine other style practices with ayp. Yeah, OK Yogani, I get it... ;-)

I'll report on my hopefully full recovery soon...

Edited by - Chakburthi on Jan 14 2013 10:12:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chakburthi

Germany
35 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  11:39:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Osho's meditations are fun. His thoughts and his language are amazingly powerful and true. No doubt about it, he was the real thing.

I prefer the systematic, even scientific ayp approach, though. I love stillness and don't need to scream, dance, or speak gibberish to reach it.
Go to Top of Page

Chakburthi

Germany
35 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  1:21:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't come to conclusions so early. So finally I did make my peace with this place. Here are the four reasons:

1. Apparently, I am a quick learner and instead on cutting down on spiritual practice, as had clearly been advisable in my case, I beefed it up. Today I did double ayp, Osho kundalini meditation, and the evening event. Oh my god was that exciting!

2. I have realized that the live band accompanying our meditations is probably the worst band in the world - but they give all they've got including lots of love - and this is so beautiful.

3. I have also realized that the one common denominator of all Osho followers (unfortunately this includes myself) is that they are incapable of dancing (possibly the Osho ashram is the only place where we can dance freely without being kicked out of the place).

4. Energy is fully recovered (thank god).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000