Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Advanced states
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2013 :  9:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was reading some guy's book the other day--- I got it from the internet and it had no name--- but the guy is brilliant. Anyway, among his many powerful observations was the statement (paraphased) 'An enlightened person may have all the same thoughts and mind ramblings as anyone else; he just pays it no heed'. I thought that was an amazing statement both in it's insight and simplicity. Of course, it's only through the guidance of AYP that I have been able to even notice beautiful words such as this so I'm really grateful for the recon work that is available with all the great people here... And maybe that's my point; by making even a marginal effort we're able to catch all the little-simple-joyful stuff that would otherwise elude us? And it's this little stuff that explains life the best.

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  08:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
And maybe that's my point; by making even a marginal effort we're able to catch all the little-simple-joyful stuff that would otherwise elude us? And it's this little stuff that explains life the best.

Exactly. Just by a small effort to go into stillness, there will be a little less fear/anxiety, a little less sadness, a little more joy, a little more inner freedom amid the stormy waters of life.

In fact, it's not about making some huge effort, it's about consistently making just a small effort, every day, twice a day if you can manage it, and letting that take its toll over time.

:-) wish you all the best lmaher

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Josh
Go to Top of Page

Kite

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  12:15:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Drop by drop, the bucket is filled . Inspiring post, Imaher.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000