Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Death while Out of the Body
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  04:11:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
On New Year's Day, I heard for the first time of someone who is assumed to have died whilst out of the body. I mean the physical body died (obviously ). This story was told to me by someone who is not into Yoga nor Astral Travel or anything like that. Upon hearing that I meditate, he told me the story of his cousin who died apparently when out of body. They found his body two days after death in bed in a pose as if warding off something. So he believes his cousin left his body and did not /could not come back.

Just a curiosity, I thought I'd share.

Sey

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  10:54:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is no reason to believe he was out of his body at the time of death.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  11:38:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sad to hear he died of unknown causes. I agree with the point made by Etherfish. I don't believe assuming a posture in bed has anything to do with truly going out of body as in near death experience cases. That would by definition fall well beyond natural sleep paralysis stage, including the presence of much nervous system activity (or none, as in NDEs), capable of initiating anything, least of all coherent muscle activity. The other factor making this even more extremely unlikely is finding someone who has such abilities without knowing about them in the first place. For those very few who truly do, they know all too well what they are doing to be bothered by our petty speculations and superstitions.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2013 :  02:02:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are right. There is no conclusive evidence in this story. However, the man was into astral traveling - that's how the cousin knew about him going out of body and deduced that he had not come back. I was not too convinced myself.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2013 :  03:59:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert Monroe was one of the few who apparently could go all the way to what he called the point of no return (focus 28) where his body would feel very cold when coming back. I'm not sure if he ever did this experiment while being monitored. The rest of his journeys did read more like a blend of remote viewing combined with lucid dreaming, both of which happen under normal circumstances of sleep, and therefore no more dangerous than ordinary sleeping states. I say this based on my own limited experience (that almost anyone can replicate themselves), and by the descriptions of his journeys. What is certain is he did have unusual abilities to induce that state, and he did report siddhis (levitation during an accident) and other paranormal experiences (one involving multiple car batteries draining or something). He also attributed his abilities to having been a yogi in his past life.

Nowadays probably a lot of people are into exploring such altered states during sleep, or intend to do so on a regular basis, so it isn't such an outstanding thing anymore.

Thanks for sharing!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2013 :  07:38:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I used to be into astral travel, and found that it was easier when my body was cold, like in a very cold room without a jacket.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  12:43:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have experienced astral travel only once but have been out of the body several times. It is always a joyous experience for me and return has never been a problem.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  08:46:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, staying out there is the hard part not returning, for me. I was always pulled back to the body upon losing consciousness in the astral, or just suddenly for no apparent reason.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000