Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Tiredness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gemini1

South Africa
6 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2013 :  11:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi !
I am new to DM, and have been doing it now for about 5 weeks. For the first week I meditated for 20min. per session, but noticed that I get mentally and physically extremely tired. I cut the meditation to 10min. but now after about 3 weeks my symptoms are increasing. I feel constantly tired like I can't get put of bed, I also experience negative emotions like depression and anger ( maybe due to feeling tired constantly ) Can it be that my body can not handle the energy flow ? Please advise me if anyone experience these symptoms ?

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  02:14:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Gemini,

Are you getting enough rest after your 20 mins of DM ? It is very important that you rest a good 10 -15 mins after each sitting. At what time do you do your evening sitting ? If it's right before bed, remember to not to go to sleep straight after but to do some activities for a while before hitting the sack. These are the main sources of extreme tiredness ; not enough rest and/or going to bed straight after.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Gemini1

South Africa
6 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  07:18:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey, thanks for the reply, usually I sit/lie down for about 5 min after meditation. I also don't meditate at night. Do you think diet could play a roll, maybe inpurities in the body?

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  09:16:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Gemini1
increase the rest period to 10 min and during the day engage in more grounding activities....i e run errands..get the groceries....clean the house...go for long walks....
and yes the diet helps....try eating heavier food (especially eat meat)
the tiredness you are feeling is due to too much impurities being cleaned at the same time...so we need to slow this cleaning a bit...one excellent way is to eat meat

after few days,if there is no improvement you can check this lesson
http://www.aypsite.org/367.html
u should check the part about over-sensitive meditators....
the first solution is to use a longer mantra:
SHREE OM SHREE OM I AM I AM NAMAH NAMAH

if that does not work you should stop mantra meditation and practice breath meditation...

please read the lesson carefully...all is very well explained

bottom line you should experience a bit in order to find the routine that suits you
meanwhile dont worry the symptoms will subside
hope that helps!
TGIIY

Edited by - maheswari on Jan 02 2013 09:23:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Gemini1

South Africa
6 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  10:35:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Maheswari! I have read the lesson and will start with the breath meditation. Just curious about the diet, I have always been a big meat eater and thought this to be a disadvantage to my meditation since it is said to make the energy body more course which is not good for the energy flow in meditation. That is why a vegan diet is favoured, to which I have always had difficulty to keep lol! I thought that there might be to many impurities in my body as a result of to much meat, and that causes some of my overload symptoms?
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  01:59:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
no the overload has nothing to do with eating meat....overload is simply too much blockages in the nervous system being released at the same time....
there is no rule that you should be vegeterian to do yoga and meditation...just go with whatever you feel.....now you feel like eating meat well no problem....later on you might be (or might not) inclined towards a lighter vegeterian diet well no problem go with it...
the pattern always changes according to the need of the moment..
all the best!
keep reporting your results
Go to Top of Page

Gemini1

South Africa
6 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  09:18:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for the advice, will keep you posted
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  3:43:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gem, do yourself a favor and try your best to stick with it. I think we all have different stuff in the beginning, mixed-up, varied, junk, sometimes just about as unique as we are. But mostly it passes in time and then other stuff comes up. When it does though, you've gained some from all your hard efforts; maybe now your more mature, more centered or whatever. Or, maybe nothing. As for me the one great gift I recieved months ago was the knowledge of 'true' or at least a 'truer' equanamity. I felt--- if you will--- that all beings suffer, save the enlightened and even though I'd heard it a million times, now I experienced it on a deeper level. I don't have it all the time but at least I know the truth. When I do have it I know 'God ain't just pickin on me' and I feel a ton less unique and I'm quicker to forgive--- even the A-holes. Best of luck.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2013 :  4:04:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you can also check this lesson
http://www.aypsite.org/305.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000