Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Mantra refinement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  6:35:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone!

I found out AYP 2-3 months ago and I am amazed by its powerful results in my daily life. I practice regularly twice a day: 10 min SBP, 20 min DM and 5 min Rest. When I do DM, I begin repeating the I AM mantra and I wait that the mantra refines-tends to become faint and fuzzy (as Yogani has already said a lot of times, this question is crucial for the progressive deepening of the meditation), however during all the 20 min, the mantra in my head remains essentially the same (perhaps the speed of repetition varies a bit) and I don´t feel that the mantra refines (faint and fuzzy): is it normal? Is there a trick to provoke the refinement of the mantra during my DM session? Despite the wonderful things that DM has already made for me, I have the sensation that I am not reaping all the benefits of DM because of this refinement problem…

Some advice is welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by - joao.jlgoncalves on Dec 21 2012 6:45:02 PM

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2012 :  8:55:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi joao,

good to hear you are benefiting from your routine. What you describe sounds quite normal. Thoughts about trying to provoke the refinement are familiar enough as they too like to run through my mind. If it isn't meditation, then it is pranayama, or some other practice. This is okay. It is the clunky stage giving way as the practice deepens over time.

If you feel you are not reaping all the benefits, have a look through whichever lesson on DM you left off at, and something might pop out that may not have been as obvious before. The lesson that jumps out at me in this case is 366, but so are many of the earlier ones as well. This is how it has been working for me as well, doing 'incorrect' practice, looking back, and seeing something that I didn't really understand first time around, and carrying on with the twice daily. This is the sadhana in action.
Go to Top of Page

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  12:50:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AumNaturel, thank you for the response. I really appreciate your advice.

All the best!
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  01:44:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The trick is to Relax...not concentrate. The Awareness (focus)is gently placed on the mantra.

Sey

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000