Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Contradictions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kane

Afghanistan
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2012 :  05:15:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
"An Oordhvareta Yogi not only converts the semen into Ojas, but checks through his Yogic power, through purity in thought, word and deed, the very formation of semen by the secretary cells of the testes or seeds. This is a great secret. Allopaths believe that even in an Oordhvareta Yogi, the formation of semen goes on incessantly and that the fluid is reabsorbed into the blood. This is a mistake. They do not understand the inner Yogic secrets and mysteries. They are in the dark. Their Drishti or vision is concerned with the gross things of the universe." Swami Sivananda

Isn't this contradicts what AYP lectures here?

Based on my understanding, AYP states that an advance yogi always has his semen sublimated/transmuted in microamounts through his bladder. In which case, Sivananda points out that a true Yogi prevents the very formation of sex cells/semen in his reproductive organs ( the testes ). So this means that Sivananda commented and said that true sublimation is actually not expending energy by producing semen.

I'm not here to disproof or disagree. I just wanna know that maybe there has been explanation for this that we missed i which case it will enlighten us more.

Cause based on this, i assume that AYP is one one the Allopaths that Sivananda pointed out.

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2012 :  09:12:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kane,

Sivananda seems to be saying two things here: 1. That an oordhareta yogi converts semen into ojas and 2. That the same yogi also restricts the production of sexual fluids so that there is not an excess of semen to be reabsorbed into the blood.

The second point seems to be largely irrelevant, after all, what would it matter? The key point is the first one, that the yogi, at a certain stage, begins to sublimate sexual essences into more subtle spiritual essences.

The Allopaths are the conventional doctors who believe in the findings of modern science, but are as yet unaware of the more subtle spiritual energies and forces that are involved in the human. Sivananda trained as an allopathic doctor before he became a Swami.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2012 :  1:55:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what is being said ( as far as I can tell) is that when the semen is no longer spent on a frequent basis is that it no longer needs to be produced at the level that would have been needed. When the vessel is full then there can be two outcomes, an overflow or a slowdown in production. An advanced Oodhvaretus doesn't overflow but instead uses that extra energy that would have been used in semen production for the production of Ojas which could be translated as luster or deep virility or spiritual energy.
Go to Top of Page

kane

Afghanistan
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2012 :  11:10:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi,

I have also read in one of an inspiring Book titled ‘Yauvan Suraksha -The Secrets of Eternal Youth’ that the author pointed out that there is no any duct that can be serve as the passage of semen to move upward from the genitor/urinary system. Once the semen has been formed in the reproductive system by any means,one way or another, the only route that it will go is outside the body, he pointed out. Hence the occurrence of wet dreams or already in the category of sex repression. The author is a self-realized saint accordingly, although I don’t know how to distinguish one.

It is for this reason that sometimes I had a hard time convincing myself if Tantra is an authentic one.

Because wayback years ago, I have been practicing spirituality already before I encounter AYP. I do Islamic Salah five times a day with Zikir 2 times a day. Been celibate for more than 6 months. And then what I had observe is that everytime I practice Tantric mode of sex, it resulted into a predictable mood swings. I often get angry. I also do self-pacing as I only do it for maximum of 10 minutes weekly. Also, from what I had observe, Tantric mode of sex further results to encourage me to have more sex. I mean, the urge to engage oftenly in it is so strong.

But it is not so during the time when I practiced pure Brahmacharya – no sex at all. No strong urge.

Why is that?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2012 :  05:26:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kane,

The bladder is connected to the urinary tract and so are the testes. For this reason sexual fluids in a man can pass from the testes into the bladder under certain conditions. In a woman, the places where sexual fluids are produced are also connected to the urinary tract, so the same can happen when automatic vajroli starts to happen.

When sexual fluids enter the bladder, they are still physical- in other words you can see them. After the bladder, the transformation becomes etheric. Soma is the first non-physical substance to be produced. Soma travels through non-physical pathways in the body, passing through the manipura chakra and the stomach on it's way up to the head. In the head it is transformed into amrita, the nectar of immortality which drips down from the higher centres- the crown, ajna and bindu chakra.

If sex is causing you to experience negative emotions such as anger then it would be best to stop altogether. Also if it is causing increased desire that would be another reason to stop. This is prudent self-pacing. You do not need to engage in sex in order to experience the production of soma and amrita.

The most important thing is to have a regular spiritual practice, preferably a holistic one which includes the use of mudras and bhandas, and to remain brahmachari. Brahmachari can mean practising tantric sex, or remaining celibate.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

kane

Afghanistan
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2012 :  07:26:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again Christi.

"If sex is causing you to experience negative emotions such as anger then it would be best to stop altogether. Also if it is causing increased desire that would be another reason to stop. This is prudent self-pacing."

Oh i never thought about that. You mean with the right self-pacing in doing spiritual practices like the AYP, Tantric mode of relation won't yield bad emotions and increase urge to engage in it oftenly? I mean for example, if i do meditaion for 9months -1 year and then followed it with Spinal breathing for the same duration- with the best possible self-pacing, and then try tantra, you mean it wont result into the above mentioned? How? Can you expound?

"The most important thing is to have a regular spiritual practice, preferably a holistic one which includes the use of mudras and bhandas, and to remain brahmachari."

Christi, you mean tantra like everything, will happen in its own accord due to regular spiritual practices? How about cases for non-tantric lover who ejaculate during intimacy, do you think eventhough he's like that, he will still develop into becoming a Tantric lover or atleast ejaculate only occasionally, due to spiritual practices without forcing? Unknowingly? Am i right in my thinking? Love to read from you again.

Assalamu alaykum.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2012 :  09:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kane,

If any spiritual practice is causing you to experience strong negative emotions such as anger, then that is a sign of energetic overload. The response should be to either cut down on the practise or stop it altogether. This would apply as much for meditation, or pranayama as it would for tantra. So no, it isn't the case that if you practice meditation for 9 months, and then pranayama for 9 months, you can then necessarily safely add tantra into the mix without any difficulties. Energetic overload can arise at any time, from any practice, and needs to be handled when it arises through self-pacing and grounding methods.

quote:
Christi, you mean tantra like everything, will happen in its own accord due to regular spiritual practices? How about cases for non-tantric lover who ejaculate during intimacy, do you think eventhough he's like that, he will still develop into becoming a Tantric lover or atleast ejaculate only occasionally, due to spiritual practices without forcing? Unknowingly? Am i right in my thinking? Love to read from you again.

No, what I meant was that soma and amrita will be produced for everyone who is engaged in long-term spiritual practice as long as they do not engage in sexual practices with orgasm.

As to the question of whether someone who is engaged in a regular sex life, and has a spiritual practice, will gradually be drawn automatically towards some form of brahmachari, I think the answer has to be yes. Eventually everyone will begin to notice the depletion in energy that happens during non-tantric sex, and would begin to realise that this is having a detrimental effect on their spiritual evolution.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

mystylenow

France
7 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2013 :  04:59:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi
I would just add that any spiritual practice which brings definite results has to be mastered for a minimum period of 12 years.This is the time needed for planet Jupiter to go trough all 12 signs of zodiac in which as practioners we are subjected to all posibilities of failure or succes. There are only two posibilities finaly: failure or succes.
Here i am speaking from my own experience having failed at 11 th year in one of my practices/Om namah Shivaya!/in order to repeat the same for the folowing 12/ with succes/.My conclusion:you have to be ready before you can go trough.
So sincerity of purpose, steadines in practice and dedication to the goal are 3 keys necessairy for any serious spiritual seeker on the path to Moksha /final emancipation or liberation/.
OM SHANTI
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  12:25:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What Christi said.
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2013 :  5:29:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Overload comes from their not being full transformation.

The Chinese said it best. Jing or sexual energy. Transformes into emotional/physical vitality. Which then transforms into shen or mental energy.
When mastered one dosnt lust eat or sleep.
Sex regulates sexual energy.
food regulates physical vitality.
Sleep regulates mental vigor.
They all 3 are intertwined and effect eachother.

When Jing becomes shen, their is a "higher" orgasmic release of bliss. A clear flowing river allows release and no buildup. Its not a physical channel. But one held in effectiveness of method.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000