Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 amazing tantric/ siddhi experience
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  01:32:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The other night my husband and I were doing tantra, some chakra stuff, it got very intense and suddenly the lamp went out - he said, "our energy made the light go out!" but I assumed it was coincidental and the bulb had simply died at that moment. We continued for some time and lay still, joined in meditation, for well over an hour. Finally we got hungry and we both had to pee and decided it was time to end it, so we separated - and at that very moment, the light came back on!! It was literally as if an electromagnetic circuit had been disconnected when our bodies were no longer joined. It could not have been due to motion because the lamp was on a table several feet from the bed and was not jostled or anything. cool, huh?!

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  05:17:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
cool indeed
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  09:27:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It can be a siddhi. Margot Anand's book The Art of Sexual Magic was mostly about cultivating the ability to "make" things happen through Tantra meditation. But, Swami Satyananda wrote that the closer to awakening, the less interesting/meaningful the siddhis. Either way, enjoy!

Edited by - HathaTeacher on Dec 18 2012 09:29:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  3:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like your story. It reminds me of a phenomenon that I have noticed for many years. When I walk or drive under streetlights they frequently go out. Not in the distance but usually when I am right under them. I can't find any particular significance to it except that it always makes me smile when it happens or I get to point it out to a skeptic :)
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  12:05:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HathaTeacher, agreed, and we're not interested in cultivating siddhis; resting in the Oneness is way more satisfying, but it was just funny.
Victor, I've had that happen before, too, as well as lighbulbs around the house.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  12:25:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How much tantra does it take to short-circuit a light bulb?...

...just one blissful session with Radharani and her mate!!
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  5:26:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It sounds like you have the 'ambient-lighting-for-getting-it-on' siddhi.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000