Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Sexual presence
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

olle123

Sweden
3 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2012 :  07:36:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey I was wondering if you don't have a partner yet and tired of practicing Tantra alone. Is it possible to... I hate to use the term but "seduce" another person by raising your sexual energy?

Don't hate on me for asking this just tired of being alone.

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2012 :  10:22:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi olle123 and welcome to the AYP Forums.

Short answer, Yes. It is possible to seduce others (or at least pique their interest) by raising the sexual energy. But, for me, knowing the answer to this question raises another.... "What kind of karma may be incurred by trying to seduce another for personal gain?"

Wishing you abiding feelings of contentment and Wholeness.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2012 :  5:32:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The answer is absolutely yes. We all tend to use whatever we have at our disposal to make a good impression or attract someone if that is what we seek. Raising sexual energy can be a major factor in this and I think should be considered a rather normal concept in this regard if it weren't for the fact that most people are not aware of it. In my case it made a very big difference in my ability to attract partners when I learned it. I guess it can be compared to being good looking or wealthy or smart or funny or any other quality that can be considered attractive. Once one has such a quality then one needs to develop responsibility for it. That is the karma part. One negative effect though might be the "horny celibate" vibe which can put people off due to the intensity with which one radiates sexuality while suppressing it. It is a balance. If you are basically happy inside and cultivate your energy then you are someone who has something good to share. if you cultivate and a craving comes across its not so good. Cultivated sexual energy and yoga practice that allows you to radiate joy is a very attractive quality.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2012 :  02:06:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
due to yoga practices (tantra among them) there is a radiance that emanates from the practitioner...this radiance easily attracts other people...this attraction has many aspects ranging from friendship to sexual attraction
it is up to the practitioner to use it wisely without hurting
him/her self or others
Go to Top of Page

olle123

Sweden
3 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2012 :  08:25:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh cool. I have heard of Vira Yoga which is supposed to be good for men does anyone have any information about it? Yes as Uncle Ben said "With great power comes great responsibility"
Go to Top of Page

olle123

Sweden
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  4:44:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Any one who wants to tip about a good tantra meditation?
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  04:02:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
Originally posted by Victor

One negative effect though might be the "horny celibate" vibe which can put people off due to the intensity with which one radiates sexuality while suppressing it. It is a balance. If you are basically happy inside and cultivate your energy then you are someone who has something good to share. if you cultivate and a craving comes across its not so good. Cultivated sexual energy and yoga practice that allows you to radiate joy is a very attractive quality.

Wow! That was really well formulated and also in accordance with my own experience. I can totally recognize the longing for a tantric partner.. However, the craving combined with lots of sexual radiation lately attracted a partner who reflected the "not feeling so happy inside"- part and magnified it in direct proportion to the magnitude of sexual energy! A total disaster in other words.

The sense of not being fulfilled without a partner, a sense of lack and a constant longing is in my experience only an escape from dealing with underlying depression or issues in myself. I'm trying to get satisfaction from something outside of me instead of facing the uncomfortability, anxiety, boring neutral loneliness etc.

In my case, I'm now on a journey to seriously work with self-empathy, self-love, sound self-esteem and a stable intimate trust in stillness. A partner is no longer an object that will fulfill my needs, but a bonus if someone happens to come along the way. As you said, Victor, if I come to like myself so much that I no longer wish to GET or HAVE something from a partner, then I'll be full enough to share the good in me and rather enjoy GIVING instead. That's my goal for now.

Edited by - emc on Dec 04 2012 04:15:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  04:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
same over here dear emc
[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  04:33:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[img]icon_heart.gif[/img], maheswari, yes, we are many travelling this road. Life is mercyless. Whatever I try to escape will come and bite my tail sooner or later anyway.

I just had an insight from a book from Balanced View. It described how we often indulge in either the realm of good feelings/sensations or the realm of bad feelings/sensation, and... we tend to IGNORE the neutral moments. That was such an eye-opener to me. I see how I actually hate neutral moments. Sensation-addiction! Putting up with normal, grey, boring stuff is very difficult for me. So I have decided to really go deep into those moments and discover what's there. So far, a lot of hidden anxiety and issues bubble up. Very interesting!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  04:53:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
inner silence is very neutral....our persona to keep itself alive constantly seeks to label moments as good and bad...our persona fears the neutral cause it is its death
Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2012 :  11:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
altogether, as yoginis progress in sadhanas, they start dating their inner child or neutrality i guess :) tough luck attracting these yoginis lol
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2012 :  1:57:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would think that yoginis rather than being so tough to attract would very much welcome meeting sincere and dedicated yogis.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  11:24:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is not really very different from one of shaktipat or energy transmission from a guru.

In both cases, it is the receptivity of the other person that makes all the difference..

And in both cases, it is the constant looking outward that is the deeper issue. In the case of seeking a guru to somehow enlighten us by transmitting something, we ignore the fact that the greatest guru lies within. Yet, due to our conditioned minds habituated to seeking from outside, we long for that one master who will do this or that. Yet, even the most powerful guru cannot transmit anything unless the recipient is open and receptive. I have been in the presence of such a master, where most people in the audience were writhing/screaming in ecstasy, I felt nothing. Absolutely nothing. Even though I thought I was open, I was not. I could not surrender blindly, that's that.

In the case of attracting someone sexually, it is not that different - we are still seeking something from someone outside of us. Most of us have been there, done that whether we have sought a guru or a partner. We are conditioned to think that that someone, be it a partner or a guru, will be *the* answer to our deepest longings..

Years after that failed shaktipat experience, I discovered that my longing for Truth was not really as strong as my longing for love, and this resulted in a roller coaster of discovering (very painfully at times) where that stemmed from. And then discovering that I was far more open to receiving love (or what I thought was love) than Truth, and was unconsciously radiating it. But continued practices and inquiry into that (along with a hefty dose of emotional pain and suffering), there were some major openings. The guru AND the love were found within, and there was/is no need to look elsewhere, no fear of being unloved or unenlightened. I have found that I am no longer conscious of my own or anyone else's energy (sexual or otherwise).. Just an indescribable radiance.

Love,
kami

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000