Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 ecstatic conductivity in asanas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2012 :  1:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
for many years i have been doing asanas regularly(traditional hatha yoga)
asanas were always a source of well being and vitality for me...also till now in my case they are very grounding ...

in the last few months ecstatic conductivity has increased a lot over here

3 months ago i had to stop all my sitting practices cause i was overloading a lot and the kundalini symptoms were very disturbing on the physical and psychological level

currently i am just doing samyama,self enquiry during the day if it happens spontaneously, selfless service..and attending
1 satsang per week

but as i said in my case asanas are still a grounding tool

till today i feel the ecstatic conductivity every day but off course it is all very smooth and natural...just smooth energy circulating in the body...mainly in the hands and legs

as Yogani says the 2 parts of the equation are inner silence and ecstatic conductivity...so off course ecstatic conductivity will always be felt exactly as inner silence

since 1 week or so i noticed a new thing....i am having ecstatic conductivity while doing some postures...

currently i am feeling hot pinpricks during sarvangasana (shouldertstand),salabhasana (locust) ..

nothing too unpleasant....just reporting the new stuff as they appear on the way

TGIIY

Edited by - maheswari on Dec 10 2012 2:00:42 PM

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2012 :  3:00:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like things are going very well. As you said, ecstatic feelings grow with inner silence.

Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  01:23:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I was coming out of overload with the help of asanas that you suggested, I also used to experience the ecstatic feelings during asanas, specifically in solar and the sacral chakra during halasana, and in throat chakra during matsyasana. Hard to tell though, because they always used to change and evolve, and never the same over say three days

I took them as signs of balancing as I thought that these will even out the crown overload I was facing that time.

And I remember those felt really good, hope you are liking it

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  03:04:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It may be a fine line, or a matter of personal perception, between "ecstatic conductivity" versus "K overload." From my own experience, when I do asana nowadays it's just a smooth, steady, unobstructed flow of ecstasy throughout my whole body. But I remember years ago I would get extremely INTENSE kundalini rushes with sensations of heat, or electricity, or roaring waves, in certain asanas! Clearly stuff was being released. I mean, I enjoyed it, but it was pretty overwhelming. Sometimes I would nearly pass out. It may be that your body is processing the rising K that was overloading you in the sitting practices; I guess eventually She will come out one way or the other in search of Shiva. Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  10:18:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maheshwari,

I'm new to asanas. I haven't been praticing them for too long. But,everyday I look forward to do the spinal twist at the end of the day. It feels like taking a dip in a beautiful ocean.

P.S.- I have been following your posts. I gathered that you are an advanced yogini. I might have to ask a few pointers as I go foward. First questions- How long does it take to be more flexible? Is 15 minutes of asanas a day good enough for toning?

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Feb 27 2013 10:39:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  01:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
How long does it take to be more flexible? Is 15 minutes of asanas a day good enough for toning?

yes it is ....
u can even do just 10 min before your 2 daily sitting practices

Edited by - maheswari on Feb 28 2013 01:57:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  3:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A lot depends on one's training history (although one of Finland's foremost Astanga teachers has played olympic-level hockey, which makes the body really stiff; so it's mostly about making yoga a daily practice), and a little depends also on one's ayurvedic constitution (pittha-dominated people are often stiffer in the begining but get flexible quite fast; but again, it's mostly about practice).
Go to Top of Page

bentcale

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  06:05:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit bentcale's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awakening Ecstatic Kundalini" provides a practical approach for incorporating yoga postures and specialized inner physical maneuvers into a compact daily routine of practices that includes spinal breathing pranayama and deep meditation. Kundalini awakening is covered with clarity, including a discussion of symptoms and specific methods for self-pacing.

Find Professional yoga class online from Yogasync.TV

Edited by - bentcale on Jul 02 2013 08:21:48 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000