Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Surrender to the mysteries of each moment...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2012 :  7:22:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This is to all my friends (ones I know, ones I don't know yet and the ones I may never know)...._/\_

Someone asked me "do you love yourself?"
I thought about it and realized I really don't know what "love" is? Anything that came up, love was beyond that...
Over the past few days, every time I said "love you!" to someone ... the question arose... Who is it I love? What is love? Who is the "I" who loves the "you"?
The lines below arose spontaneously....
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Surrender to the mysteries of each moment

When I say I love you...
How often do I know what it means?
Do I really love "you"?

When I say I love you...
Who are "you"?
Do I really know "you"?
or
Do I love a story I have of "you"?

When I say I love you...
Who is the "I" that loves you?
Do I really know who "I" am?
or
Do I identify myself based on a bundle of conditioning I call "me"?

Do I know what "love" is?

All I know is than "you" and "I" are constantly changing.
You and I are only what we are in this moment.
We are growing and so is love.

If we ever fall out of love, it's because we are not moving with the now.
If we ever fall out of love it's because we are in love with an image of the past.

See me and love me for who I am today
And I will see you and love you for who you are today.
Then...
We are love...

....loving and surrendering to the mysteries of each moment!

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2012 :  7:44:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow,beautiful Shanti! Makes me think of the text you sent Geoff and i this morning and if these questions were arising as you sent it
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2012 :  7:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes they were...
Thank you for being a part of the process...
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2012 :  7:49:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, thank you and i promise to always see you and love you for who you are today
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2012 :  8:24:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2012 :  11:11:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2012 :  01:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mmmmm...delicious. A wonderful structure and ecstatic spiral is spinning within this deeply relational self-inquiry poem. "Moving with the now"...love that.
Go to Top of Page

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2012 :  05:39:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful, thank you Shanti
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2012 :  07:29:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, all of you helped unravel the mysteries behind these words... whenever you all and many others write to to me, it shows me a part of me I hadn't seen before.
Thank you for helping me discover the mysteries of each moment!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2012 :  08:10:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree
"Moving with the now"...love that.

You picked on that one line that read slightly off to me as well, but got the essence if what wanted to come out so well that I left it there.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2012 :  10:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[img]icon_heart.gif[/img] Love this. Caused a sense of awareness expanding out of conditioning for me to read it. [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2012 :  10:42:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The meaning of "I love you" doesn't stand up well to analysis, but it often works anyway, when used as a gift intended to make someone feel good.
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2012 :  12:44:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2012 :  2:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dearest Shanti
i know from your posts that u were never a big fan of advaita ...but do you realize how this spontaneous post is all about relational self enquiry
another proof that once inner silence is abiding self enquiry will happen by itself
it is a beautiful post indeed
it reminds me of Jiddu Krishnamurti....
in the end it is a play between a mentally conceived image of "I" and "you"...these mental images (identified awareness) are playing the game of love and hate etc....
slowly all these images/conditioning/beliefs/memory) are put aside , allowing the direct experience of THAT/Love/Consciousness/God etc...

Edited by - maheswari on Dec 09 2012 2:08:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2012 :  2:18:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lovely
Go to Top of Page

mattb23

Australia
99 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  07:20:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I love you, regardless what that means and who i/you/we are! ;-)

I love you just because.

Thanks for sharing Shanti!

Your words radiate with the Spirit of the Great Surrender i.e. Love...Now.

Blessings,

Matt :-)
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  09:32:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you Matt! Love you too!

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  09:33:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Much love and gratitude to All! :')
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  9:10:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful Shanti!!!

LOVE
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  07:35:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great self inquiry tool. Very cool, instant 'now' . oh have to use a heart and an OM
Go to Top of Page

Rishi

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  01:45:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Loved it Shanti !

Do I know what "love" is?
Love is.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  08:42:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  09:02:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  09:20:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  12:21:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti,

Beautiful.. First and the last sentence sums it well.

"loving and Surrender to the mysteries of each moment"

Very nice

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  08:43:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000