Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 How to be Mindful with AYP method?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rinaldo

Italy
47 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2012 :  03:51:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Edit: after some research i found the english word for what i was tring to ask: Mindfulness.

Before starting AYP i could use breath to bring mindfulness to any activity.
Now i'm lost. Is there a different way to do it? i didn't find an answer in Yogani lessons, so maybe my question doesn't make sense with AYP, but i'm new and not very expert^^
Still i really feel the need to be "present" when i speak with others, when i go sleep (i like to fall asleep with only breath, no toughts), when i walk etc.

Old topic: Hi,
i remember reading yogani abaout not doing more than 20minute two times a day of deep meditation.
So i would like to know what i should add during long meditation retreat. I'm afraid of breath meditation because took me some times to stop paying attention to breath during I AM repetition, so i dont know what i should do.
Also i feel very good within inner silence, but i cant keep it during all day, i loose it after i get up from the rest that follow deep meditation. I'd like to come back to it, but how if i should not use I AM repetition again?
Thank you
Rinaldo

Edited by - Rinaldo on Nov 29 2012 5:03:29 PM

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2012 :  06:24:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rinaldo,
I would recommend that you read the lesson on retreats from the main lessons : lesson number 387.

You could during retreats repeat the whole of your routine once and then also do an evening session.

Hope this helps...
Go to Top of Page

Rinaldo

Italy
47 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2012 :  07:57:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you mathurs, i didn't saw that lesson.

EDIT: i wrote inner silence, because didnt remember mindfulness...actually the "Silence" after I AM is different, more profound, because there is no breath, no mantra... sometimes some toughts or sensations appear but they are very far, distant. I feel "aware" with a sense of joy and gratidute, but also "distant". Hard to explain. What i mean with mindfulness is less profound, i need to come back to breath sometimes to not lose it. I'm simply more aware of my thinking, movements, etc but there is no "emptiness".

OLD:(I still have a doubt: is there a way to "recall" the Inner Silence we coltivate during Deep Meditation, the same way i used to do with my breath with my old practice?)

Yogani said clearly do not use I AM outside the two times (or three during retreat) because it's a too powerfull practice.

But staying very present and with no thoughts is so helpfull during the day, i can paint, visualize, or simple enjoy each moment a lot more.

Edited by - Rinaldo on Nov 29 2012 6:01:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2012 :  5:08:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Rinaldo

But staying very present and with no thoughts is so helpfull during the day, i can paint, visualize, or simple enjoy each moment a lot more.

This is always a great practice. Meditation in/as life.

Go to Top of Page

Rinaldo

Italy
47 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2012 :  6:20:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes jeff :)

I now edited that reply btw because i'm afraid i was using an incorrect terminolgy.

The I AM meditation i feel is something very different from anything i tried before, much more effective and powerfull. I never feel any hurry to get up, the silence it brings is of a different type.

Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2012 :  11:12:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rinaldo,

I would agree that the I am mediation is very effective and powerful. Twice daily is definitely the way to go.

Mindfulness (or staying present in the moment) can be an effective addition to your daily life. I have found even simple things like asking myself, "Jeff, are you here" and responding "yes, I am here" periodically through the day can help cut through the drama of the mind.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  04:19:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Rinaldo,

With AYP, the Inner Silence will slowly seep into your everyday life; just a little at first, then more and more, it will be present for longer periods of time until eventually, it will be present all the time. Just be patient and keep practicing.

Good luck

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000