AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Dangerous for body....?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ettskede_

15 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2012 :  1:00:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
When in meditation my heart often hurts and am scarred of a collapsed heart or heart attack. also my head hurts like these damages to the brain where blood starts to flow.... :-/ I don't want to hurt my self with meditation.

can you have a heart attack/similar with AYP??

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2012 :  2:20:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have it checked out by a doctor if you feel your body trying to tell you something. It may not be the meditation itself causing it, but perhaps its ability to facilitate greater intuitive sensitivity. Don't shoot the messenger.

There are also moments resembling meditation, such as the transition between waking and sleep, and ordinary daydreaming, that everyone goes through every day and night. Some activities that really absorb your attention also tend to slow the breathing down a lot. I don't know for sure, but I doubt the brain would tolerate even the slightest decrease in oxygen or glucose below some very fine set standard within a given level of activity, and so would question whether the brain even feels anything with respect to changes in blood that affect the rest of the body.

Simple favoring of the mantra while sitting comfortably for 20 minutes isn't exactly an unusual requirement on the body.

Also, have a look at http://www.aypsite.org/48.html which talks about spinal breathing pranayama and health effects.

Edited by - AumNaturel on Nov 26 2012 3:12:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

ettskede_

15 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2012 :  4:27:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Some kind of pressure which is when not meditating also, sometimes when only in bed this happens also. I guess, that meditation without or with mantra increases the pressure on my system energy wise and maybe that is acctually might cause the heart to almost stop or beat very on surface....
thx!
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2012 :  4:55:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Once ruling out any serious conditions, it might be worth looking into other possible causes for this. Having a balanced lifestyle helps, meaning proper restful sleep, nutrition, exercise. It might help to also isolate and minimize stressful or energy-draining circumstances. Taking such steps, and being patient to allow the body's innate ability for healing to take place, could just be enough to alleviate those sensations.
Go to Top of Page

ettskede_

15 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2012 :  11:01:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Usually follow what people do around me because I do not live alone even if I would like to, but have allways thought about body condition and exersize etc so I can handle alot of physical pressure. Seems better now, though not to use mantra to much since my head kind of wants to blow up from the inside when pushing to hard with mantra so to speak.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000