Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Pls somebody guide me ! I need advice.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

divya

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2012 :  6:50:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am new to this and know nothing about it. I just started doing meditation around one month back. Felt lot of head pressure and intense vacumm like suction in my forehead , hear that plane engine sound sometimes, also feels like somebody is opening my cranium bone apart .
Once while I was deep in my sleep, the energy flowed from my feet to head .It was intense enough to wake me up ,but it was a beautiful soothing feeling nothing compared to what others talk about what kundalini feels like. Also some tingling feeling in the bottom of the spine. But mostly everything is happening in the head.
I tried to get more information ,but all the blog written on kundalini say that the energy starts from bottom and then goes on top. My question is , what is it that I am feeling ? has my kundalini risen ? I highly doubt it , is is possible that in some kundalini starts in the head and then goes down ? pls while replying be elaborate as I don't know much. thanks

divya

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2012 :  7:21:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
forgot to mention, I also heard bell ringing the morning when I had the energy pass through me during sleep. I heard it two different places since I was going from place to place , I heard around 5 yo 6 times.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2012 :  8:11:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As we continue on the path of meditation and other yoga practices, all these sensations, feelings, and out-of-the-ordinary perceptions are best regarded as scenery. If the scenery is pleasant and provocative and urges you to continue with your routine, then that is good. If it is too intense and disruptive, then we back off practices to let things settle and stabilize: self-pacing.

My experience with kundalini/energy is that there's no predicting when she will arise, or how she will express herself. The only option is using practices like Spinal Breathing Pranayama to distribute and balance the flow. Also, the more I have meditated, the more I'm able to witness all of the purification in a neutral way that is equally able to recognize the miracles in life that are not so super-normal (that's a tricky one though...an ongoing process).

It's all about finding your rhythm, finding your groove, and enjoying the ride. And it's very important to remember that purpose of practices is to LIVE. So, the stillness and ecstasy percolate/permeate/penetrate our personal relationships, work and family life, etc...resulting in karma yoga and devotion to your chosen ideal (ishta).

So many shades of ecstasy, so many shades of bliss, so many ways to incorporate the divine flow into our creative expression of living.
Go to Top of Page

divya

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2012 :  8:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bodhi tree , you said it in the most simplest way , since my experience is pleasant I would continue meditating . But I still would like to know if its somewhat normal what is happening to me and also how to get the moladhara going ?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2012 :  8:53:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's totally normal. I've had those exact symptoms many a time. A couple nights ago I felt like I was wrapped in the hand of God as I was waking. Another recent night I felt the kundalini fire rearranging in me in a not-so-gentle fashion--intense but tolerable.

Are you referring to "mulabhanda"...? If so, check out this lesson:
http://www.aypsite.org/55.html - Mulabandha – Enlivening sexual energy upward

But remember, first things first. Make sure you're nice and stable in Deep Meditation before adding on too many new practices (I made that mistake in the beginning).

Godspeed, mate.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2012 :  01:32:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by divya

Thanks Bodhi tree , you said it in the most simplest way , since my experience is pleasant I would continue meditating . But I still would like to know if its somewhat normal what is happening to me and also how to get the moladhara going ?

Hi Divya,

Welcome to the forum.

If by "how to get the moladhara going" you mean: "How to ensure that kundalini awakens from the root chakra in a safe fashion?", then the best method is Spinal Breathing Pranayama. See this lesson:

http://www.aypsite.org/39.html and also lesson 41 on that.

The symptoms you have described are early stage kundalini symptoms. They may feel disturbing to you because they are not what you are used to, but they are really nothing to worry about in terms of a kundalini awakening.

It would be good for you to read this lesson too called "what is our timeline", so you can get a sense of how to pace yourself from here on:

http://www.aypsite.org/38.html

All the best

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000