Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Prayer vs: Samyama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

14all

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2012 :  10:42:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone,

I'm rather new to this community, but have read DM, Pranayama and Samyama books by Yogani. I have also had a kundalini awakening which was very intense. I've posted under "Kundalini experiences not related to AYP". Shanti has been graciously coaching me on getting my mind to just relax and stop predicting a disastrous future for myself with the Shakti energies

In reading about how meditation is supposed to progress - and wanting to be careful of getting myself into overload; I have a question about Samyama. Samyama reminds me of a simple prayer technique where I offer my loved ones up to Silence. I march them all through one by one, until no one comes to Mind anymore. But there seems to be much caution advised regarding taking on Samyama before a few months of DM and then more months of Pranayama (which I am resisting) before Samyama is started. I could be so wrong about this - probably am, but would like a clarification on it - (if I'm making myself clear).

It seems to me that if cultivating Silence is the first step and awakening the Energies, the second; then why is the practice of Samyama considered pre-mature when begun before Pranayama technique has been incorported and well established? Wouldn't Samyama practice just be a deepening of the silent self, i.e.: bring Shiva down - closer to Shakti? So that the awakening Energies could be handled with the help of deeper Silence?

That's my question. I hope someone gets what I'm trying to say. Maybe my understanding of Samyama is all off base!

Thanks Much AYP'ers
Renee

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2012 :  10:49:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

See if these help:
Lesson 269 - Leapfrogging to Samyama Practice – Moving Inner Silence Outward

Lesson 301 – Prayer and the Principles of Samyama
Go to Top of Page

14all

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2012 :  5:43:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti - I just purchased "The Eight Limbs Of Yoga"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000