Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Libido increase from meditation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guardian4981

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  11:00:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Anyone else notice meditation seems to boost libido?

Mine has always been pretty low even when I was a teenager, now that my meditations have been getting deeper I feel very intense libido increases. Is this healthy/normal?

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  12:23:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds healthy to me. I seem to have the opposite. Your results may vary...
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  5:45:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Guardian

It's been up and down for me. I went through a patch where I had hardly any libido, and then it came back with a vengeance. Now it's settling down again.

If your libido is getting a bit too much some cardio might help. Doing weights might make it worse as that can increase your testosterone quite a bit. Or maybe not. You'll have to do some experimenting.

Edited by - woosa on Oct 29 2012 5:49:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Evannon

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2012 :  10:30:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely, meditation increases my libido - though it was shocking to me at first. I started meditating in a very anti-sex tradition (vipassana) where the idea was to calm and still all desires, especially (it seemed) sexual ones. Of course, a likely reason my libido would increase in the 10-day silent meditation retreats could be that I wasn't having "any sexual activity at all" - including masturbation, so naturally the sexual energy builds up. At least it does for me. In fact, it built up to such an extent that I had an explosive kundalini awakening - without the slightest sexual thought or object of desire - on the 9th day of my second 10-day retreat. I had to figure out how to deal with that - a quest that led me to this site, which has been a godsend. Keep exploring! This site and its methods will help you work with that energy and channel it toward spiritual growth and the benefit of others. It's vital and beautiful! I wish you well on that journey.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2012 :  11:31:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to say really. Overall, meditation with the energy practices seem to balance it, helping out everything from tantric practices to the ability to sleep.

Evannon: welcome to the forums!
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2012 :  4:10:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa daddy, same thing here. And I'm 58, so this is like having extra money and no bank to put it in!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000