AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama after simple sitting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  1:41:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am currently unable to do Samyama after DM as it stirs up far too much. I have added it after a couple of the simple sitting sessions that I use to alternate with my SBP and DM. It is still very strong and I did wonder whether to do it at all. However it is sometimes hard to resist the wanting to add on practices. I suppose time will tell. The Bhakti is very strong

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  04:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Samyama can be done at any time as long as there is some amount of inner silence present. For new comers - How does one know there is "inner silence" present? One day a light-bulb will come on "Oh! that is what they mean by inner silence !" Then you know you have it.

Sey

Edited by - SeySorciere on Oct 25 2012 04:41:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  09:35:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
k123, just be careful to self-pace! If it feels like too much, then it probably is!

love

josh
Go to Top of Page

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  2:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Sey, there is a degree of inner silence and I hope it grows and deepens

Josh, yes, self pacing. So necessary and so easy to not do enough of! I try to balance the Bhakti and the need not to go too fast. These are such powerful practices and it does not take much to stir up the stillness to the point where it is too much. I seem to be less prone to overloading badly recently, but I can feel it lurking.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  5:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by k123

Thanks Sey, there is a degree of inner silence and I hope it grows and deepens

Josh, yes, self pacing. So necessary and so easy to not do enough of! I try to balance the Bhakti and the need not to go too fast. These are such powerful practices and it does not take much to stir up the stillness to the point where it is too much. I seem to be less prone to overloading badly recently, but I can feel it lurking.

It's a super sized amplifier used for broadcasting to the universe. The deeper the stillness and the more fleeting the sutra is touched the more powerful the signal. It makes a nuclear weapon appear puny.
Go to Top of Page

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  09:06:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks karl, yes that is how it can feel, dropped into the stillness. With the DM, on the other hand it sometimes feels as if it stirs up everything. It makes me think of the old washing powder adverts, where they show a piece of fabric in the water, with bits and pieces of dirt becoming detached and floating away. A bit like a vibrationless vibration... very hard to put into words, but very deep and powerful.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  11:21:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

thanks karl, yes that is how it can feel, dropped into the stillness. With the DM, on the other hand it sometimes feels as if it stirs up everything. It makes me think of the old washing powder adverts, where they show a piece of fabric in the water, with bits and pieces of dirt becoming detached and floating away. A bit like a vibrationless vibration... very hard to put into words, but very deep and powerful.

Yes DM allows things to rise to the surface because you give a stage to repressed energy/emotions/blockages. Over time, as this energy is grounded/nullified the feeling becomes far less localised and then you expand ( not in a beer and cream cakes way of course ), its no longer a personal expansion. You realise just how small a bowl you have being living in.
Go to Top of Page

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  1:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks karl

It certainly feels like there are still repressed emotions, even though I have been working on this stuff for years. Some of it is very subtle, but powerful

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  2:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thanks karl

It certainly feels like there are still repressed emotions, even though I have been working on this stuff for years. Some of it is very subtle, but powerful

Well its continuous, as you pass through life you encounter new situations which continually feed onto the stack, that's why you have to keep on going. When you get through the big heap then you find you are not really working on an individual basis because you find that there is no separate 'self' at all . Once that is known then the practices take on a devotional aspect.

All the negative stuff in the stack I visualise like training sessions. It's like skipping what you should have been studying and throwing it in a heap for another time, because each lesson is progressive it is hard to work backwards in chunks. Instead its more like a big tree in which you start at different points on the canopy and trace the branches back to the root.

You could burn some of it off by using NLP techniques such as Timeline Therapy or even hypnotism. It's not as systemic in its action, but it can clear a lot of stuff quite quickly.

Edited by - karl on Oct 26 2012 2:26:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  4:51:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks karl, that's very helpful, you are right about it being similar to a tree. Or I sometimes think of it in terms of spirals, you go around and process something, maybe a particular belief or defence, then later, it will be brought up again, but less powerfully,as if a distance has been travelled around and upwards and the issue is seen from a different perspective.

Currently, although it feels as if there are still a lot of feelings and resistance to be processed, things are shifitng and it is all being seen. IFS (Internal Family Systems) has heped a lot and is carried out from Self. I will look at Timeline Therapy too. It also seems that life is very good at presenting situations that are just right to trigger blocks!
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  5:04:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thanks karl, that's very helpful, you are right about it being similar to a tree. Or I sometimes think of it in terms of spirals, you go around and process something, maybe a particular belief or defence, then later, it will be brought up again, but less powerfully,as if a distance has been travelled around and upwards and the issue is seen from a different perspective.

Currently, although it feels as if there are still a lot of feelings and resistance to be processed, things are shifitng and it is all being seen. IFS (Internal Family Systems) has heped a lot and is carried out from Self. I will look at Timeline Therapy too. It also seems that life is very good at presenting situations that are just right to trigger blocks!

spirals makes a lot of sense.

Usually blocks appear when you are best ready to deal with them. Hilariously its usually at times that are very inconvenient.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000