Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Where should I travel ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DAPA

Sweden
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  10:38:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hi everyone, I am taking some time off from work in February., I have decided to do some traveling, first I will go visit a friend in Russia, but from there on I am uncertain. I would very much like to meet with someone who is reputed to be enlightened on my journey and/or go to some sort of mecca for spiritual seekers. It will be interesting to see if this will benefit my ayp practice. I would be very grateful for suggestions. Any ideas?

Thanks

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  11:47:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dapa,

First suggestion: I strongly suggest going to Amritapuri and visiting Amma. But don't know if she'll be there around that time.

Second suggestion: Go to Tunis and meet The suffi sheikh Belgacem at his Zawiya in the Tunisian desert. I can arrange the contacts for you.

Third suggest: Go to Tiru and visit mount Arunachala.

I can recommend these three places wholeheartedly.

All the best.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

DAPA

Sweden
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  7:42:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

Hi Dapa,

First suggestion: I strongly suggest going to Amritapuri and visiting Amma. But don't know if she'll be there around that time.

Second suggestion: Go to Tunis and meet The suffi sheikh Belgacem at his Zawiya in the Tunisian desert. I can arrange the contacts for you.

Third suggest: Go to Tiru and visit mount Arunachala.

I can recommend these three places wholeheartedly.

All the best.

Love,
Ananda

Wow, thank you very much !

Do you know how I can find out if Amma will be available at that time or not?

India would be fantastic to vist and then I can go to the mountain as well, Otherwise I could travel to Tunis after a stop somewhere in sout east asia.

I have never been outside of europe and never travelled by myself so general tips and suggestions is much appreciated. Thank you so much
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  02:43:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is her usual schedule:
http://www.amritapuri.org/yatra/

You need to check out often... Kerala is one of the most beautiful places in India as well... You have the backwaters, the coconut trees and the beaches... Kerala has both, tourism and spirituality... Maybe it would be a good trip to visit Tiru and then go to amritapuri by train... It's a whole day trip...

As for Tunisia, you need to tell me a few weeks before hand because I need to get you a permission from there to go... And arrange people to pick you up from Tunisia airport... I need to speak with one of my friends who lives in the Zawiya to arrange this whole thing...

I would suggest bringing a friend with you if it's possible... It's much more easier and safer to go on such trips... I've been to Tiru and Tunis alone at first... When I went to amritapuri with a friend... It made a lot of difference... It's good to keep company with you...

Both trips are amazing... It's your choice... Maybe others here could recommend something else as well...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

DAPA

Sweden
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  12:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much Ananda !

I would like to bring someone along but none of my friends share this particular desire with me, in terms of the people I see in everyday life I am on my own with this spiritual inquiry. Besides this people are reluctant to take time off from studies or work. It looks like I will need to go by myself despite limited experience, this is why general tips are so appreciated.

It seems that Amma sees thousands of people each day. Maybe it could be more beneficial for me to see sheikh Belgacem because there is a smaller crowd ? Does any of them speak english ? thank you so much dear friend.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  1:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Dapa,

There is one of the sheikh devotees a brother of mine who also happens to live in Sweden... Maybe it's best you contact him and talk with him in person about the visit. He would give you great insight plus arrange everything for you. Making it a very smooth trip.. Best you contact me on my private email ananda99@live.com so that I may give you his phone number...

Even though many see Amma but she is really amazing... Her presence is quite enough for everyone and you won't go back disapointed... Words cannot express what Amma is... All I could say is that she is really beautiful.. The same goes for the sheikh of course Both places are equal in beauty and spiritual charm... But to each his preferences of course...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

DAPA

Sweden
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  10:31:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Dear Dapa,

There is one of the sheikh devotees a brother of mine who also happens to live in Sweden... Maybe it's best you contact him and talk with him in person about the visit. He would give you great insight plus arrange everything for you. Making it a very smooth trip.. Best you contact me on my private email ananda99@live.com so that I may give you his phone number...

Even though many see Amma but she is really amazing... Her presence is quite enough for everyone and you won't go back disapointed... Words cannot express what Amma is... All I could say is that she is really beautiful.. The same goes for the sheikh of course Both places are equal in beauty and spiritual charm... But to each his preferences of course...

Love,
Ananda

Sent you an email , thank you so much
Go to Top of Page

yogishankar

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2012 :  7:44:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would suggest visiting Dhyana Lingam (Isha Foundation) in Coimbatore in India. You can google for Dhyana Lingam and find out details. All you have to do is to sit in silence and close your eyes and thoughtless for 15 to 18 minutes max in the presence of Dhyana Lingam, which is under dome type of structure. You can find innermost calmness and deep sense of content on the spot. For some, it has even given enlightenment and self realization.
Go to Top of Page

DAPA

Sweden
30 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2012 :  9:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogishankar

I would suggest visiting Dhyana Lingam (Isha Foundation) in Coimbatore in India. You can google for Dhyana Lingam and find out details. All you have to do is to sit in silence and close your eyes and thoughtless for 15 to 18 minutes max in the presence of Dhyana Lingam, which is under dome type of structure. You can find innermost calmness and deep sense of content on the spot. For some, it has even given enlightenment and self realization.

Thank you, have you been there yourself or know someone who has?
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  06:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi DAPA,

I would recommend Tiruvannamalai & Ramana's Ashram.

I've been there last year and Bhagavan's grace was with me on each and every step.

I was deeply touched with Sri Ganesan's presence.<Grand nephew of Ramana>.

Another Satsang that was remarkably enjoyable was Mooji's.It was fun,joyful and at the end,there were bob marley's music and he passed around giving each one a piece of chocolate by hand...there were over 300 persons!I would definitely go there again...for the fun

I'm going again this december for a month or so if Ramana allows it.

Not into a million life like that,I would choose any other master than Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi.

Go to Top of Page

DAPA

Sweden
30 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  7:09:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Namath

Hi DAPA,

I would recommend Tiruvannamalai & Ramana's Ashram.

I've been there last year and Bhagavan's grace was with me on each and every step.

I was deeply touched with Sri Ganesan's presence.<Grand nephew of Ramana>.

Another Satsang that was remarkably enjoyable was Mooji's.It was fun,joyful and at the end,there were bob marley's music and he passed around giving each one a piece of chocolate by hand...there were over 300 persons!I would definitely go there again...for the fun

I'm going again this december for a month or so if Ramana allows it.

Not into a million life like that,I would choose any other master than Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi.

thank you for this reply, I have listened to and watched alot of Moojis satsangs, I like them very much, seems to me that almost everyone returns to India several times after their first visit. I will have a look at your recommendations of course, am somewhat conflicted at the moment because it so much to take in and already started making plans.
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  12:19:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hope you have a great trip wherever God take you.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  12:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Dapa,

I just received this beautiful book yesterday. It's on one of the sheikhs in the same lineage I referred to. Perhaps it could shed better light on the Qassimya path than I did.
http://www.amazon.com/Sufi-Saint-Tw...21st+century

I might go there again next year If God wills so and for sure I will visit India again some time in the future.

All Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

DAPA

Sweden
30 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2012 :  11:49:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Dear Dapa,

I just received this beautiful book yesterday. It's on one of the sheikhs in the same lineage I referred to. Perhaps it could shed better light on the Qassimya path than I did.
http://www.amazon.com/Sufi-Saint-Tw...21st+century

I might go there again next year If God wills so and for sure I will visit India again some time in the future.

All Love,
Ananda

Thank you Ananda, seems interesting indeed. Is it mainly factual or is it aimed at the seeker ?

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2012 :  12:52:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Both i guess but a beautiful book indeed. You'll enjoy it
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2012 :  12:57:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I strongly suggest meeting yacin first since he is in your country. Maybe we three could also meet at tunisia next year
Go to Top of Page

DAPA

Sweden
30 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2012 :  12:03:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I strongly suggest meeting yacin first since he is in your country. Maybe we three could also meet at tunisia next year

Thank you, I would love that. I've spoken some to Yacin and he has agreed to meet with me wich is something I also look forward to very much ! Thank you for the book tip I will get it along with some other books that I have been thinking about getting
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2012 :  12:30:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When you do, tell him about the meeting I have in mind. Maybe we could all arrange to meet at the same time in Tunis next year. Everyone else who's reading and interested in taking such a trip is welcome of course.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2012 :  5:16:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, I might be interested to go on August (I'll be on holydays), so please keep me updated. However I cannot say for sure if I'll be able to go or not.

Love
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000