Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tomllee

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  10:42:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
If we are guided by our inner guru, why should we ever experience energy overloads? Would not that make one's inner guru a rather flawed source of guidance?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  10:48:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Our inner guru is our intuition, our inner silnece... and it speaks very softly and as long as we are in our mind (which is very loud) we don't hear it...

Once we silence our mind more and get more in touch with our inner silence we will hear what it has to tell us... weather we listen to it or not is another story.
Go to Top of Page

tomllee

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  11:06:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Shanti. I'll have to ponder that a bit. I assume that by continuing to meditate, eventually the mind gets quiet enough for the inner silence/guru to come through. Do you recognize it readily when it happens?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  11:25:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you ever wanted to have that extra piece of chocolate cake and something in you says no... but you eat it anyway...

That something in you is an inner knowing that that extra peice will make you sick and/or you dont need it...

The inner guru is a similar inner knowing (actually may be an extention of that something that told you not to eat that extra peice of cake) that becomes clearer in time. It is like a feel from within (what some call a gut feel) of what to do or not to do next, and is very subtle. The mind can override it with doubts.. but over time you will see your intuition (inner guru) was right and you come to trust it more.

The more we trust it, the less dominance the mind has and the more we hear what our inner guru is telling us.

The mind does not have to become all the way silent to hear our inner guru... at a point (as we continue with meditaion and other practices) we find we have access to inneer silence during the day... at such a point we will get certain knowing from within... at first we will miss it when it comes up and catch it later... then we will catch it as it comes but doubts will override it... then when we have seen over and over again it works... we will slowly learn to trust it and let the mind doubt drop... and this becomes more solid with time.
Go to Top of Page

tomllee

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  12:08:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Apprciate the very thoughtful input, Shanti. Ever more to ponder. Find it difficult to trust most of the contents of my mind, loud or low!! Unless it has to do with love, joy, peace and happiness, and even thoughts in those areas can seem a at least a tad self-deceptive and self-serving. The nature of the beast, I suppose.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  12:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually "ponder" less... pondering makes the mind and it's imagination stronger.

So you dont have access to the inner guru to guide you now... you did not have it before you found out about the word "inner guru" and you did not care about it then.

Knowledge is good... knowing something like an inner guru exsists is great when one day your inner silence starts communicating with you... but if you take the knowledge and make a form/story out of it in the mind (this is how inner silence will speak with me... this is how it will feel, this is how it will sound, etc.) it will take longer to experience it as the mind will keep looking for it in the form it has imagined.

So let it go... you will know when it starts communicating with you and the less mind pondering there has been, the easier it will be to experience it.
Go to Top of Page

tomllee

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  6:07:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Shanti. It is all to easy for me to get caught up in my ponderings and take them seriously. My mind chasing itself.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  8:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's not just you... we all do it. Trying to figure the mind with the mind.
It gets a bit easier to let it go with practices... baby steps!
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2012 :  11:55:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yes, its a tricky little blighter.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000