Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama in the supermarket?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  1:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,
yesterday an old woman was standing in the supermarket blocking the way for other people to pass. Then the woman next to her, who seemed to be her sister or her partner, very angrily and ex told her to move. It caught the attention of several people who looked at her, including me. I was going to say "tranquility" or "calm", but I decided to say nothing because that woman could talk to me and transfer me her bad vibes. Please keep in mind that for years I have experienced that to certain angry people who direct their anger towards you, talking to them when they are angry just backfire you and causes more anger, so in certain cases is better to just be quiet.

So I decided to do samyama with her name, but I don't know her, so what should I do, or which sutra should I pick? My try is the sutra "calmness".

Thanks in advance

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  3:14:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Will Power

Just a few thoughts here, that arise when I read this.

From what place is your desire for her to be calm coming from?

It seems to me there's some sort of judgment implicit in deciding that the best thing for the angry lady is to be calm or tranquil. Why not release that judgement first?

Perhaps you would like calm or tranquility, but maybe she does not.

I understand your desire is kind, and your will is to help her. But I would suggest two options: In situations like this we can simply release love towards the angry person, lovingly allowing them to be exactly as they are, without our interference. We don't need to interfere, that person has their own path to tread.

As a samyama practice, you could just gently touch upon the thought of that angry woman, and release it into stillness, and allow the universe to decide what is the best and kindest treatment for her.

Love,

Josh
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  4:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the answer to where it comes from has yet to appear. i have released it into stillness.
thank you for your answer Josh :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000