Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama for our dead
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Buffle37

Switzerland
79 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2012 :  04:21:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buffle37's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Other question about samyama:
These days, I don’t know why, I think of my mother who passed away in December 2001, 11 years ago and I wonder if I can add her in my samyama. Is it a good thing to do? Jesus said “Leave the dead to bury their own dead (Luke 9:60)”.Where is she now? Perhaps, a little child in a totally new life? Who knows? It is a great mystery…
Didier

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2012 :  06:48:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If it comes up naturally, go with it. Maybe there is something from the past you have to see regarding her, to let go something... Samyama, is not always for healing others, it is for healing, period! That's why, the less concrete we can get with ideas about the sutras, the more effective samyama gets.
Dont make it a routine of doing samyama on her name every session, but if it comes up naturally, go with it and when its gone, let it go.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2012 :  11:08:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been doing a personal sutra for someone close who passed away a bit more than a year ago. It first started as a personalized healing sutra a while after the illness was discovered and when I was ready to add the samyama to the routine. That sutra I've kept, since healing goes beyond just a physical body, and added another one which has been ongoing. At some point I will no longer use them, perhaps very soon, and will do so when it feels right.

Using samyama for those who have moved on I think falls under 'personal experimentation' with samyama. In my case, as much as I don't want that sutra to be about me, it might have also helped in dealing with and coming to terms with all the events that took place.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2012 :  12:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in favor of doing prayer or samyama for those who've passed. It's a good way to honor their lives and memory. Also, I feel that they are still around in some form/on some plane, so they can still benefit from your love.

It couldn't hurt either way. I say honor those who have loved you and shaped your life in a positive way.

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Buffle37

Switzerland
79 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  02:30:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buffle37's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Maybe there is something from the past you have to see regarding her, to let go something...

Shanti,you are right,you put your finger on it

quote:
Dont make it a routine of doing samyama on her name every session, but if it comes up naturally, go with it and when its gone, let it go.

Very good,I will follow your advice.

Thanks AumNaturel and Cosmic for yours inputs.
quote:
I say honor those who have loved you and shaped your life in a positive way.

beautiful sentence
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000