Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Changes in faith
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  1:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi yogis and yoginis

Nothing is as it was anymore. All the old conceptions and judgements don't hold valid. God is the spark within every being and a new faith begins to look there. Everything, and I mean everything I thought was true is a facade. What was once safe as a measure of reality; skin, clothes mannerisms, agendas, etc. are kind of scary lies now because I can't really relate to them anymore as being a true measure of anything. I have to sign-off for an appointment so I'll post more on this later. Can anyone relate to this thing?

Peace, alan

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  3:55:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all

I guess what I'm trying to say is that everything seems absolutely absurd. It's becoming increasingly difficult to relate to any kind of meaning in people's actions and the mad race we are all in. Most everyone seems to be on a blind drive through ignorance. I used to believe that there was some validity to it all and that most people could hold my trust to a degree because they had some measure of validity in who they were and what they were doing. Now it appears that everyone is lying to themselves and everyone else. I realize they don't know what they're doing; they don't mean to do it.

At the same time I'm reaching for a connection with the watcher. God is 100% there and smiling behind all the macabre and always there to connect with.

Things like free-will and maya are crazy combinations.

The murderer who was fighting for his brand of justice and was himself murdered for the same kind of justice is so absurd. I feel some kind of pity on our condition.

I guess I'm rambling. This is probably a weird thread.

Peace, alan
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  4:16:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you are learning Grasshopper.......
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  4:17:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just have to see the humor in the absurdity. don't get too serious and let it disturb you too much. it really IS pretty crazy
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  4:28:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alan said: Can anyone relate to this thing?
I do Alan.. I can feel what you are feeling.
Its like nothing changes.. and yet everything has changed. Its almost like I don't know who I am any more.. everything that I believed in and held on to with my dear life is suddenly gone. I don't know what to believe in any more..

I feel sorry for people around me.. they are living a constant lie.. how confidently they tell you something.. but you can see how false it is.. And then I remember I was the same... I have no right to judge.. each one is living his/her life the best they know how.. just because today I have some inner silence and see the world different.. it does not mean the world is not Perfect just the way it is.

OK now I am rambling..
Yes this is a weird thread Alan.. but very true..

Edited by - Shanti on Jun 12 2006 4:36:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

ranger

USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  8:23:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit ranger's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This theme immediately brought to mind the old Grateful Dead song, "Touch of Grey:"

I know the rent is in arrears,
Dog has not been fed in years,
It's even worse than it appears,
But it's allright.

"even worse than it appears" is my general assement of things. "it's allright" is the element of faith that I sometimes possess.

Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  8:35:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari OM
~~~~~~~
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

[b]

I feel sorry for people around me..

This is the opportnity to provide patience and compassion.
We are all an extention of the SELF.

agnir satyam rtam brhat
Frank in San-Diego
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  8:57:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Frank said: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Shanti

[b]

I feel sorry for people around me..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the opportnity to provide patience and compassion.
We are all an extention of the SELF.

Frank please do not misunderstand me.. my next statement was..
"each one is living his/her life the best they know how.. just because today I have some inner silence and see the world different.. it does not mean the world is not Perfect just the way it is."

The world is perfect as is.. it is just our vision of what things should be like.. that makes us think otherwise.. Each one is living the life they were destined to live.. they will have it all.. when it is their time.. not a day sooner or a day later...

Yes I agree we have to "provide patience and compassion.We are all an extention of the SELF.".. but not because I am sorry for them...

Frank, I am not sorry for them.. I am sorry for myself if I cannot accept the beauty of every little piece of the world exactly where it is supposed to be.. just right... Nothing in this world is ever out of place.. it is only when we think and analyze and interfere with what is.. that the world seems ugly..

Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  9:04:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Cow is giving kerosene, kid can't read at 17. The words he knows are all obcene but its alright"
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  10:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Victor said, "just have to see the humor in the absurdity".

That's definately there in 'God smiling behind the macabre'.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not freaking out, it's just clarifying more and more. The world is a harder place to function in as I've yet to learn how to relate to it properly. I think maybe there is no way to relate to it, just relate to God.

Kinda like the acid trips, except in those God was always further away.

Peace, alan
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  11:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is where true compassion kicks in. The energy of compassion isn't a mere feeling sorry for someone or feeling their pain; it is a profound, heart-felt pang for the whole of the human race. When I see the absurdity that Alan is talking about, my mind goes to the wonder of it all. How did we get from the cave to here? And in spite of the madness, look at the mind-blowing achievements that we, such a screwed-up race, have accomplished. When you're feeling like it's all insanity, listen to Bach, or look at a Rembrandt. That is compassion.
Go to Top of Page

ranger

USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  12:22:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit ranger's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Oh well a touch of grey, kinda suits you anyway."

Good thing, says I, when I look in the mirror.
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  05:25:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What can I say Alan, welcome to the Kali yug, the age of darkness, when desires and illusions are at their strongest. Only the more mature souls are able to see through the illusion and begin (or to say more correctly, continue) their spiritual practice. The others continue their suffering in the rush for temporary material posessions and pleasures. Not that their path isn't correct for them, they are learning the lessons that they should be learning at this time, and everyone is on the correct path for themselves. After all, we went through it to see that it was a facade, so why shouldn't others get the same chance.. why can't you relate to it all? Without ignorance what is wisdom? Without lies what is truth? Without darkness what is light? Without the age of darkness what is the golden age? We sure live in interesting times and it is a great honour to experience it with beautiful souls such as yourselves (aka myself ;)).
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  07:23:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alan Said:
quote:
I've yet to learn how to relate to it properly. I think maybe there is no way to relate to it, just relate to God.

Hi Alan and everyone,
You could also consider that the way we relate to the world and to people is also really the way we relate to God, is also really the way we relate to ourselves.

Louis
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  09:07:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

It raises the question: Are teachings like AYP an aberration, small windows of opportunity for the few, or the wave of the future for the many?

I believe it is we who will choose, more so than the stars.

It is said that those with handicaps grow the most because they have the most to overcome. The human spirit is at its best when facing adversity. If that is the case, there is great hope for humanity.

We can do it, and it is all right.

Pssst, pass it on...

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  1:12:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi yogani and everybody

This is what my whole heart has always desired: "If I ride the wave then everyone rides the wave."

I believe that my choice is written in the stars.

Peace, alan

Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  2:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alan
Nothing is as it was anymore. All the old conceptions and judgements don't hold valid. God is the spark within every being and a new faith begins to look there. Everything, and I mean everything I thought was true is a facade. What was once safe as a measure of reality; skin, clothes mannerisms, agendas, etc. are kind of scary lies now because I can't really relate to them anymore as being a true measure of anything. I have to sign-off for an appointment so I'll post more on this later. Can anyone relate to this thing?

I may be miscomprehending here, but I get the impression you're not talking so much of changes in the world as changes in your view of the world, now that you've cleaned some mud off your windows via spiritual practice. A clearer, more sober appraisal of things leads to chilling conclusions.

Let me assure you: this is a transitional problem that happens when wisdom is ahead of heart. Wisdom wags its head at foolishness, whereas heart sighs at the beauty of it all, without regard to wise distinctions.

The frenetic energy you see all around you, apparently misapplied, and the so-called individual people you see doing silly, useless, self-defeating things are all cut of the same cloth, and that cloth is utter, utter love and beauty (the reason we don't see it is that it's just too strong - we can't bear the beauty and love. We do practices supposedly to accept more "energy", but really energy = fabric = beauty/love, so practices will help you bear the brunt of the excruciatingly powerful beauty of What Is).

The heart knows this. As a contemplation task, try placing your center of attention (both inward and outward) in your heart rather than in your head. Exist from your heart for a few weeks and see what happens. Sorry, FEEL what happens.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jun 13 2006 3:02:21 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000