Enlightenment Milestones
 The Mother
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2012 :  04:09:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
all those years my inclination was always to a male Ishta...wheteher a God...or a teacher ...or a Saint...the male Ishta is felt as deep silence and bliss...unmoving..

but since monday (just before Navaratri and i did know it was Navaratri) ) something happened...i strongly felt the Mother...deep powerful Presence....

feeling the Mother is different then feeling a male Ishta...when one feels the Mother one feels being embraced like a baby..one feels deep unexplainable consolation and comfort...the Mother presence is warm...silent yet full of motherly compassion and this scompassion is all energy..so much Love that it brings tears to the eyes...

the Mother is felt as more dynamic...She is very powerful...

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2012 :  08:14:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very beautiful.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2012 :  08:56:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2012 :  11:21:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This has been my experience as well with Kali Ma and her incarnation in the form of Amma plus another forum member who is very associated with the divine mother as well

namaste
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2012 :  1:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2012 :  4:43:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My experience is similar to yours, mahe...

When I viewed God as masculine, he came to me impersonally, without form. "He" felt more like blissful Self, from the inside.

When I began to recognize God's feminine aspect, She came to me with form, as Divine Mother (Kali and Durga). It felt like being loved (in a motherly way) rather than being Love itself.

Both aspects are beautiful.

Namaste
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2012 :  06:43:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
indeed dear Cosmic...both aspects complete each other and become/are One
since few days i am feeling Her presence behind me...behind my back/my shoulder
i was advised to gently welcome Her in in my heart...comfort and consolation are immediately felt
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2012 :  07:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had that experience very strongly during NLP training. We were attempting to overcome fears. Mine was jumping out of an aircraft. During the work it felt like I was being warmly cuddled and protectively surrounded.

Can't remember have that feeling since. I think its possibly balanced with the masculine part and they now work in unity so cannot have individuality in the same way.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2012 :  08:44:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maha,
Thanks for sharing this beautiful experience!

I wonder if this is a natural evolution of Bhakti? Like you, I had always been drawn to the masculine form of the divine, and was more or less indifferent to feminine forms. However, about two years ago, seemingly out of the blue, I was drawn to learn to chant the Sri Suktam. It is a very difficult hymn from the Rig Veda, and it took me a few months to learn it well. Just for the purpose of mastering it, I began chanting it everyday, during normal activities. And strangely enough, began having visions of the divine mother in the form of Lakshmi (who is the object of devotion in the Sri Suktam) and a few times, felt like I was in a trance while chanting it, wondering why there were tears running down my face.. None of this was my objective while learning it; I just like learning Sanskrit hymns. Since then, my Navarathri worship has taken on a new meaning, and I'm equally drawn to Lakshmi as Her consort who is my Ishta

Perhaps this balancing of male/female forms in devotion is needed as we open? Just wondering..

Anyways, happy Navarathri!!

Love,
kami
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2012 :  1:00:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thx for sharing Karl and Kami
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2012 :  6:46:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
She also speaks to me through the women in my life. My wife in particular embodies the Divine Mother for me. When I've done something hurtful and stupid, she will give me loving support that I don't deserve. She is prone towards anger when hurt, but when I hurt her and am genuinely sorry, she approaches me with swift forgiveness and love. It moves me and I feel loved by God. I don't feel worthy when I've done something wrong and she just kisses and embraces me like nothing happened. I am truly blessed to have such an embodiment of God in my life. She gives me hope and strength that I would not have found on my own. Love you, faile [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2012 :  02:17:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
but when I hurt her and am genuinely sorry, she approaches me with swift forgiveness and love. It moves me and I feel loved by God

so sweet!
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2012 :  08:20:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for sharing maheswari! :-)
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  12:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This song is reflecting some of that soft motherly comfort to me:

Bliss, A hundred thousand angels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV8BXmvg398
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000