AYPsite.org Forum
 Enlightenment Milestones
 Banged my head
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2012 :  1:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Ok, this is going to sound a bit strange, but today I really noticed a change.

We live in a house with a sloping ceiling upstairs and today I stood up too quickly and banged my head quite hard against the ceiling. It hurt like hell. The weird thing was that as I heard myself quietly cursing and my body was doubling up with pain, I was watching in an open detached way at the same time. It still hurt a lot, but I was aware of the hurting from a more spacious and less identified way. What was striking was that at the same time as there was a detachment, there was also a feeling of really being present and feeling the pain.

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2012 :  1:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's not strange. Welcome to the witness

Namaste
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2012 :  5:19:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks cosmic

It felt like a surprise that it happened while I was in pain like that. I had been noticing witnessing before, but it often felt as if it was something I was doing in the role of doer, choosing to witness. It was quite a revelation for it to have just happened spontaneously like that in a difficult situation.

The idea of being a separate person doing and choosing is very ingrained, although that seems to be unraveling slowly.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2012 :  8:44:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet!
Go to Top of Page

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2012 :  2:38:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2012 :  3:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful glad that you are unraveling the witness and feeling the fruits of practice .
Go to Top of Page

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2012 :  02:40:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you Yonatan
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2012 :  11:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet! pleased to hear this.

I've noticed a similar thing with pain. It's become less painful somehow, feeling established in the witness, pain is just a sensation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000