AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Identification
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lufa1212

India
45 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  07:27:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello my AYP friends,

Sharing from my experience that has been there for awhile on my mind...

We identify with the ego/mind. Once apt in meditation and with His grace we take small steps and slowly but steadily start watching/witnessing the ego/mind and the surrounded drama/stories...the rise of Self....

now there is identification with mind (at one level)...change the perspective and identification with the witness itself (another level)...beyond both, the mind and witness identification is the Being...BEING... comprising of all, mind and witness stages...this and that...the creative field..with no end whatsoever....the entire cosmos

Is it so...is this IT

and beyond this creative field....this cosmos...this being...???

Would be grateful for your valuable views.

Love

lufa

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  08:19:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lufa,
Maybe this lesson will help.
Lesson 327 – The Evolutionary Stages of Mind
Go to Top of Page

lufa1212

India
45 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  12:06:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Shanti
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  12:48:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti, thank you for that link; great refresher.. I'm constantly amazed at how thorough these lessons are - every time I read one, I get a new perspective

Lufa, it is such a beautiful journey, isn't it?

Interesting that you bring this up - I'm studying the 9th chapter of the Bhagavad Gita, where there is a description of the relationship between the unmanifested Brahman and manifested Brahman (and Maya). As far as experience goes, it seems that there is quite a bit of overlap between the stages described in the above lesson, particularly discrimination and dispassion. At least for me, they seem to go hand-in-hand.. Ultimately, it is about going beyond identification with anything, including the witness/silence.. But this is an ongoing, gradual (and very enjoyable) process IMO.. Hope you're having fun with it!

Love,
kami
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000