AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Layers and layers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  07:23:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been finding a lot more inner silence developing recently. My current practics is a mixture of simple sitting with some DM and spinal breathing (subject to overload symptoms).

It is fascinating to sit, or just go through a normal day and see the layers of identification and feeling that arise.

I will be sitting and thoughts will come up, then often an extra layer of judgement of the thoughts and then, even more subtle layers, such as a mild scepticism or different judgements of the experience. My experience seems to be that these layers are seen at a more and more subtle level. If I welcome them, or am open to them, they often dissolve, or at least the identification with them does. It often seems like there is a whole village of different parts often with distinct patterns, such as a general background feeling that there is something wrong somehow. Another pattern manifests as a general impatience with the process. Each has its own particular energy and often now I recognise the familiar parts as they arise.

I had never realised before how many conflicting judgements, thoughts and emotions were there and how, when they are accepted with openess and warmth, they are free to stay or change as they wish.

It is a beautiful process and one for which I am really grateful.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  08:43:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

It is a beautiful process, isn't it?
The less personal we make it, the more is revealed and easier it is to let go.
Thanks for sharing!
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  1:47:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  9:26:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That all sounds very good. Whatever it is you are doing to stay in balance seems to have good traction.
Thanks for your insight and descriptions, k123.
Go to Top of Page

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  04:37:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti, it is gradually becoming less personal, but there is still a strong habitual part wanting to control how less personal it is - and everything else for that matter, including having less personal control!!

Mind you - when that is seen, that can be included too.....

Thanks Karl

Aumnaturel,thanks. It is good to have the replies and encouragement.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  06:17:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by k123

Thanks Shanti, it is gradually becoming less personal, but there is still a strong habitual part wanting to control how less personal it is - and everything else for that matter, including having less personal control!!

Thanks Karl

Aumnaturel,thanks. It is good to have the replies and encouragement.

Yes, the controlling how personal it is can be seen by staying in balance. Keep coming back to that sweet spot which feels instinctively right and then you can't get lost.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  08:25:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by k123

Amen to that!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000