Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Success with talavya Kriya?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kandhan

India
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  12:39:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi
Has anyone successfully performed kechari by doing talavya kriyaa?

How long does it take to achieve?

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  04:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was successful with kechari with stretching the tongue with my hands and practicing regularly without snipping. It took me a few months but I was already able to do a basic kechari when I started. This seems like a very individual process and there is no way to tell you how long it will take.
Go to Top of Page

kandhan

India
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  04:25:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tnx for the feedback, Victor.
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  10:24:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm very close to perform Kechari (or at least i think), and without snipping, just Talavya
Currently i'm struggling with the gag reflex.
I'll let you know if i have any success
Go to Top of Page

hridaya

Finland
6 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2012 :  8:33:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been doing talavya as described by Ennio Nimis http://kriyayogainfo.net/files/English%20II.pdf on and off for about two to three years. In AYP terminology i'm at stage 2 kechari, occasionaly feeling the nasal septum. I'm quite happy with my success so far and see no need for manual stretching or snipping, but as Victor said, this seems to be a very individual process.
Go to Top of Page

Sol Invictus

91 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  08:52:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know that this thread is old one,but thought sharing might help.
In my experience Talabya does the trick.After 3 weeks of daily practice of Talabya Kriya i could touch uvula.Then with help of fingers i got in with the tongue.So in total Kechari was obtained within the month.I did about 200 Talabya repetitions per day.Now i'm trying to get used to Kechari and overcome tongue(muscle)pain which occurs after holding Kechari for few minutes.Also salivation is getting better,not that bad anymore.I really don't think snipping is needed.Also,apparently,Lahiri Baba was against it.
"Banat,banat,ban jai"
Go to Top of Page

chintan_oza2000@yahoo.com

India
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2014 :  1:22:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2014 :  08:55:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Everybody,
I am able to go just past the uvula and feel a "salty" hump beyond, but unable to go any further. Would be grateful for some tips. I am of course contiuing with Talabya kriya and milking the tongue.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2014 :  11:35:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi krcqimpro1,

I just made it to Kechari stage 2 yesterday, so i can share a very useful tip:

Check the image of Kechari here at AYP: http://www.aypsite.org/kechari_image1.html

In the stage 2 the tongue is shown to be exactly above the uvulae, and the tip of the tongue is touching
a "structure", or a wall ...

Now at the exact point where tip of the tongue is, you will find a "rugosity" which is actually a tendon.
Exactly where you find this rugosity push with your tongue and eventually "it will open", the gate of Brahma if you read the Kechari Vidya (i don't recall it's name exactly).

After you do this, your tongue will actually be placed "above" the palate.

Hope it helps, and yes after two posts i'm still in debt with an image of where actually the tongue goes ...

Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2014 :  1:16:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
krcqimpro1 nice effort!

Some people progress faster than others when learning asanas and I think the same applies to kechari progress.

But now that you're beyond the uvula I would emphasis that practice over
talabya or milking but that's just what worked for me best.

In my opinion the hardest part is over for you and daily practice will get you consistently deeper.

Take care!
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2014 :  08:17:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anibaru and BillinL.A.,
Thanks for your responses.
Anibaru, I have posted again in this respect in another thread where you have also posted and detailed my experience more. I hope I am on the right path.
BillinL.A., You have said ...."I would emphasise that practice over talabya or milking". I didn't understand. Did you mean I should not do talabya or milking any more, but focus only on kechari attempts ? If so, how will I get the extra tongue length I need to go in further to reach the nasal septum and the "sensitive spots" ?

Krish
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000