Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 AMMA Mama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  12:43:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Today I went to get a hug from Amma. It was such a sweet atmosphere being amongst all those people who were there to see her. More than getting the hug, I felt so happy to be in the presence of hundreds of people who, in one way or another, want God. I wished that I could have hugged them all myself and told them that I love them dearly.
I wish that I could put into words how it felt to get such a loving hug. After leaving the premises and returning home, more and more, I feel sad as if I have been separated from something so precious and beautiful.

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  03:15:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's really cool, Hunter. I know a few people who follow her, and who get a big charge from being in her presence. Did you feel anything beyond sweet and happy? Specifically, I'm wondering if you felt any ecstatic energy, bliss consciousness, that kind of thing.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  11:30:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Meg,
"ecstatic energy and bliss consciousness": Yes, there was quite a bit of that. While I was waiting in line to get a hug, I was watching this old woman shuffling along (almost painfully) just to be embraced by the Ma and that really ignited everything. This happened continuously as I sat and watched people hungry for the Ma.

Once again, it is hard for me to express myself in words about what you asked, Meg, simply because I do not have the vocabulary. But, I am working on that. It is as if a part of my brain stops working and I am no longer able to form words with my mouth and tongue.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  12:44:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Hunter

It is as if a part of my brain stops working and I am no longer able to form words with my mouth and tongue.

What a wonderful state to be in! I strive for that.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  2:39:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love your attitude Meg.
I always thought it was just part of my adolescent development.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  5:29:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meg, I'm no expert but that state seems to be some of the scenery that Yogani talks about.

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  7:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scott

Meg, I'm no expert but that state seems to be some of the scenery that Yogani talks about.

-Scott

Yes - what I was curious about was if being in Amma's presence enhanced these states, or activated it, as the case may be. I realize that it's a tough question to answer, as the states vary and are hard to define. Worth a shot, tho! :)
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  10:40:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meg, I think love itself may have a purifying effect on the nervous system...and could induce these scenic things to happen. Amma seems to have tons of love.

I was just worried that you wanted your brain to stop working and to forget how to speak, as an end to your practices...that experience would definitely be scenic to me, and not an end.

Just trying to look out for my yoginis out there. You know what you're doing.

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  12:18:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[/quote]
Yes - what I was curious about was if being in Amma's presence enhanced these states, or activated it, as the case may be. I realize that it's a tough question to answer, as the states vary and are hard to define. Worth a shot, tho! :)
[/quote]

That is something that I can answer. I did not feel any more enhancement of energy, states, etc, while being around Amma than usual. I am just in love, that's all.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  03:06:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott - I now understand how you read my post, so your response makes more sense to me. It amazes me how easy it is to misinterpret a post, and I seem to be the hands-down pro. Anyway, now that I understand your meaning, yes - or rather no - it's not my goal to become brain-dead and mute on the road to enlightenment, but if I'm temporarily struck dumb in sheer wonder along the way, that would be some great scenery! :)

I've never been in the presence of an enlightened being, guru, or anyone who radiates the kind of charisma and love that we hear about. I wouldn't even know where to find such a being, so Amma seems to be my best shot. I don't want to regard her like a sideshow freak tho, which is what it seems like to me, but if she doesn't mind the hordes and attention, then I shouldn't either. It's an uncomfortable mix: Throngs of devoted spectators adoring an enlightened saint-to-be; but since you (Hunter) felt her love radiating through it all, then she must be the real deal.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000