Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 should the neurobiology decide ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lufa1212

India
45 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  04:00:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste my dear AYP friends,

Today while reading the lessons I came across the Solar Centering technique. On going through it I realized that since almost three weeks now during my DM sessions the mantra which had been hovering around in my head most of the time slowly glides down to my solar plexus. There is an emptiness (or do i call it spaciousness ?) in the solar plexus area with the mantra repetitions...kind of a void which seems to be expanding during the entire session. I would like to point out that this solar centering has been happening off and on and does not remain for the entire 20 min duration. Further, each time I have started with the mantra in the head which then shifts to the solar plexus automatically.

My humble query is, is it ok for me to continue with this automatic solar centering technique and let the neurobiology decide or do i refrain from doing this whenever I become conscious of it while DM practices.

The question becomes all the more important because since I joined AYP (last 5 years) I have not enhanced my practices beyond SB, DM, Samyama and the asanas....asanas off and on depending on the availability of time...moolbandh sometimes happens on its own and so does Sambhavi. That's all. Also, I have never intended to add on to any other practices mentioned in AYP.

Seems my neurobiology has decided to skip few practices in between and wanna enjoy the solar centering right away. So, dear friends, do i scale down to SB, DM...add up the practices mentioned in the lessons sequentially till I come to solar centering technique or do I let it all happen automatically letting nature decide what is best. I would like to mention that I am not facing any energy issues as of now.

Your kind replies are looked forward to.

with all the love

lufa1212

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  04:58:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lufa,

It is correct practice to let the mantra happen anywhere in the body that it wants to. So if it is moving down to the solar plexus by itself that is fine. You should not make any attempt to locate it in a specific area. The only exception to this is the solar centering technique, where we deliberately locate the mantra at the solar plexus.

As far as I am aware, there is not any instruction to only use the solar centering technique if you have completed all the preceding practices. I remember that Yogani included it as an extra addition to Deep Meditation for people who are having difficulties with meditation and thought. So yes, you can add it at any stage if you want to.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

lufa1212

India
45 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  1:23:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Christi. I shall continue the same way then .

Though I never intended to add on to my ongoing practices I am getting a feel, an internal urge that it is time I added up a practice...

Thanks again,

with all the love

lufa1212
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000