Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Situations and overloading symptoms ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lufa1212

India
45 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  06:53:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste to all my AYP friends,

I have been wondering if continuous exposure to certain people/situations and other such external factors can result in the overloading symptoms.

I have been traveling the AYP path for last many years, however, have only stuck to SB, DM and Samyama. Not having added too much to my practices, it has been a more or less smooth journey if we leave aside few instances where I had to self pace. In recent times it all has been peaceful..sometimes engaged in the life drama but majorly witnessing the life pass by in all its various colors.

For last few weeks I have been exposed to certain situations/people to a large part of the day...situations/people where/with whom I am not really very comfortable with.

During this period whenever I have squirmed internally the very next moment a sane voice has been explaining away gently to take it all in my stride and look at the bigger picture, thus bringing me back to my peaceful self.

My question is can such situations subconsciously make there presence felt thereby accumulating over a period of time and resulting in the overloading symptoms like irritation/frustration/depression etc. I had at least one big terrible showdown recently where I acted violently (very unlike me).

Would be grateful for all your inputs.

with all the love

lufa1212

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  10:10:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi lufa1212
situations dont not accumulate nor do they cause overload....the reason is always inside us and never outside us....it is the energy ( produced by practices) that is accumulated and may cause overload in case we dont ground enough or in case we became oversensitive....
assuming that you rest enough after your practices and that you ground yourself with lots of non spiritual activities (like normal daily life chores) if your irritation and anger has been ongoing since few weeks then self pacing seems inevitable

all the best
Go to Top of Page

lufa1212

India
45 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  05:55:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, maheshwari

I thought the not so obvious suppressed discomfort on a prolonged basis might have played a part in the sudden outburst. My take was that probably practices are making one more sensitive and any kind of undue suppression of feelings/energies/emotions might be playing a role.

Once we find ourselves witnessing the unflattering feelings during the ongoing ego drama may be we need to be a little more patient and understand the whole story revolving around the said situation and then let go.

I don't know. Just thinking loud.

Thank you for your thoughts

with all the love
lufa1212
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  08:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Accept what you feel without grabbing it as yours or trying to push it away. It's a balancing act. If you have sufficient stillness present you can let it go into that. Just remember that you are letting go and not rejecting. Accept certain things about yourself because it is your nature and you cannot control it.

If say you seem uncomfortable with certain people or situations then accept that feeling. There is no need to question it, it simply is because it is. If you try and hide from it then you hide from your true self, if you grab it like an excuse then you lose self determination. It's a funny old thing. On one hand you have no control and on the other you have total control.
Go to Top of Page

Leo17

USA
29 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  10:38:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If these people who are making you uncomfortable are not healthy to be around, perhaps you should not subject yourself to them. I may be incorrect here, but taking 100% responsibility for your relationships is good, however when other people clearly have trauma or a lot of stuff going on, maybe its ok to keep a safe distance sometimes... Just my thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

lufa1212

India
45 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  12:55:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl,

quote: [Accept what you feel without grabbing it as yours or trying to push it away.]

Absolutely right....just letting go gently is the way...

quote: [Accept certain things about yourself because it is your nature and you cannot control it]

yes...but certain feelings are just too horrifying to accept....'Gosh ! I am jealous of him/her ? Never thought I would be so" ...ego playing its part very efficiently and expertly by clinging to the holier than thou attitude... but then again enough stillness and some self inquiry does go a long way...

Don't know how much wired up we are inside...

Hello Leo17,

quote:

[If these people who are making you uncomfortable are not healthy to be around, perhaps you should not subject yourself to them. I may be incorrect here, but taking 100% responsibility for your relationships is good, however when other people clearly have trauma or a lot of stuff going on, maybe its ok to keep a safe distance sometimes... Just my thoughts.]

yes, what you suggest did cross my mind too...in fact I concur with what you say...if there are certain situations which start telling on one I think it is wise to get away from the scene for a while instead of getting sucked into their stuff...

don't know what other ayp friends have to say on this..

thanks for your valuable views dear Karl and leo17

with all the love
lufa1212

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  3:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Accept the jealousy and enquire into it. If you look inside you will see where the discomfort arises. If you follow it to its source nothing is found, but this isn't always easy at the start. Once you discover what hinds behind the mask of jealousy then accept that and let it dissolve into stillness.

When you feel uncomfortable about a thought or emotion then you should probe it, don't be frightened of it no matter how embarrassing it is.
Go to Top of Page

lufa1212

India
45 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2012 :  02:17:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Quote: [Accept the jealousy and enquire into it. If you look inside you will see where the discomfort arises. If you follow it to its source nothing is found, but this isn't always easy at the start. Once you discover what hinds behind the mask of jealousy then accept that and let it dissolve into stillness.

When you feel uncomfortable about a thought or emotion then you should probe it, don't be frightened of it no matter how embarrassing it is.]

A million dollar advice, Karl. Thanks so much.

As Osho says somewhere - Ego is comparison. It usually springs its head up when faced with a situation that looks threatening to its 'I, me, mine are the best' story ...a drama whatsoever....it is so funny to realize that even after getting a peek into what we are, we still get entangled into all this stuff...The conditioning, the senses, the perceptions.. all join up together to give a good coloring to the ego. Our job is defined then...with enough stillness around, enquiring into the feelings/emotions and setting them free...letting them go...a never ending journey

Thank you, dear Karl.

with all the love

lufa1212
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2012 :  05:13:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lufa1212

Quote: [Accept the jealousy and enquire into it. If you look inside you will see where the discomfort arises. If you follow it to its source nothing is found, but this isn't always easy at the start. Once you discover what hinds behind the mask of jealousy then accept that and let it dissolve into stillness.

When you feel uncomfortable about a thought or emotion then you should probe it, don't be frightened of it no matter how embarrassing it is.]

A million dollar advice, Karl. Thanks so much.

As Osho says somewhere - Ego is comparison. It usually springs its head up when faced with a situation that looks threatening to its 'I, me, mine are the best' story ...a drama whatsoever....it is so funny to realize that even after getting a peek into what we are, we still get entangled into all this stuff...The conditioning, the senses, the perceptions.. all join up together to give a good coloring to the ego. Our job is defined then...with enough stillness around, enquiring into the feelings/emotions and setting them free...letting them go...a never ending journey

Thank you, dear Karl.

with all the love

lufa1212

Ah yes, it's very beautiful. That is creation. The colouring and mixing is creative activity, it is endless, ever forming, ever destroyed, ceaseless. To witness it happening within stillness is to know that it can never mark or colour the divine. It is like the play of light and clouds across a landscape. It seems the land is bright and cheerful, then dark, cloudy and miserable. But the land is just the land, the light is just the light, it is the perception that muddles it up and brings the thoughts. Stay in the sense of 'I' and just watch the show, watch the thoughts that arise from the senses and the perception.

Surrender to the inevitable, give up all idea that you can control this play of light, the senses that register them, the perception or the thoughts that arise. See it all as one. witness it playing out like this, watch the creation at play without being separate from it.
Go to Top of Page

lufa1212

India
45 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2012 :  12:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear karl,

quote: [Ah yes, it's very beautiful. That is creation. The colouring and mixing is creative activity, it is endless, ever forming, ever destroyed, ceaseless. To witness it happening within stillness is to know that it can never mark or colour the divine. It is like the play of light and clouds across a landscape. It seems the land is bright and cheerful, then dark, cloudy and miserable. But the land is just the land, the light is just the light, it is the perception that muddles it up and brings the thoughts. Stay in the sense of 'I' and just watch the show, watch the thoughts that arise from the senses and the perception.

Surrender to the inevitable, give up all idea that you can control this play of light, the senses that register them, the perception or the thoughts that arise. See it all as one. witness it playing out like this, watch the creation at play without being separate from it.]

One of the most beautiful posts that I have read recently....this is what it is...creation and its dissolution....mind playing it out in all its hues and colors and with enough inner silence all of it melting away...

Thanks for your wonderful post(s)

with all the love

lufa1212
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000