Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Raising Kundalini Daily
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  08:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I noticed that almost no one in this forum talks about raising the kundalini to the head.. at least not on a daily session which with rapid breathing such as the Bhastrika Pranayama is very likely in certain postures and applying locks..

Do any of you yogis raise at least once a week the kundalini to the head with Spinal Breathing?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  08:41:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We raise it to the head... but to the third eye area, not the crown.
Here is AYP's take on it :
http://www.aypsite.org/287.html
quote:
The crown is a sort of crossroad in all of this, one that takes a long time to purify completely, because, to do so, everything else has to be purified, and that cannot be done overnight, no matter what has been promised. The good news is that all the purification we achieve in the sushumna (spinal nerve) and throughout the nervous system with our daily deep meditation, spinal breathing pranayama and other practices is crown opening by proxy. When everything is purified and opened, the crown is open too. In that sense all the practices we do are crown practices. We are just being cagey about it to avoid unnecessary mishaps.
Go to Top of Page

_Yogi_

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  9:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I raise it to the crown most days.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  01:50:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
in ayp we do not raise the energy to the crown...raising it to the crown is like playing with fire
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  08:15:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When the time is right, the energy naturally flows to the crown. I would suggest that you follow your inner guru on the matter.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  09:45:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ichigo and all,

Yes, it is possible to raise kundalini to the crown, and there are some people here who do it. But you need to be carefull, because going to the crown too early will cause problems.

If you follow through the main AYP lessons, you can tell that most of the purification work on the subtle body is done by raising the kundalini to the third eye, as Shanti says. When a lot of that work is done, the crown will begin to open spontaneously. In AYP there is a particular strategy that we can use if we want to in order to work out if we are ready to raise kundalini to the crown or not. It is called "testing at the crown" and it is covered in lesson 199:

http://www.aypsite.org/199.html

Personally, I would not recommend anyone to raise kundalini to the crown daily unless they have spent a year or two going through the testing procedure first.

It isn't actually necessary to go to the crown deliberately at all, because as the purification proceeds, the crown and third eye gradually merge. So bringing the kundalini to the third eye becomes the same as bringing it to the crown, without us having to make any changes to our practice. This is covered in lesson 287:

http://www.aypsite.org/287.html

All the best

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  09:46:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the answers all!

Though what I meant by raising the kundalini to the head I didn't necessary mean the crown.
It's just that I got the impression from these forums that raising the kundalini almost daily up to the head is more on the skeptic side, because usually people are talking here about awakening the kundalini, but not necessary actually really raising it up to the head area.

Edited by - Ichigo on Oct 04 2012 09:51:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  10:23:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ichigo

Thanks for the answers all!

Though what I meant by raising the kundalini to the head I didn't necessary mean the crown.
It's just that I got the impression from these forums that raising the kundalini almost daily up to the head is more on the skeptic side, because usually people are talking here about awakening the kundalini, but not necessary actually really raising it up to the head area.

Anyone doing spinal breathing is raising kundalini twice a day for 5-10 min to the head... just the 3rd eye area and not the crown.
Thanks Ichigo.
Go to Top of Page

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  11:18:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Shanti

Thanks for your answer.
Just for clarification, with raising kundalini twice a day, you actually do mean that you feel this amazing energy down in the mulahara chakra and feeling it rise in the susumna passage, leaving usually orgasmic sensation and waves of bliss?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  12:24:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ichigo

@Shanti

Thanks for your answer.
Just for clarification, with raising kundalini twice a day, you actually do mean that you feel this amazing energy down in the mulahara chakra and feeling it rise in the susumna passage, leaving usually orgasmic sensation and waves of bliss?

Yes.
Practices like mulabandha and siddhasana, done along with spinal breathing, are designed to increase this feeling as well.
Other than spinal breathing, the various tantra practices mentioned in the tantra lessons are also are designed to do this.
After a while though, it normalizes and it no longer is an overt orgasmic feeling but just heat rise up the spine, which too normalizes and is just a sensation.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  3:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I noticed that almost no one in this forum talks about raising the kundalini to the head.. at least not on a daily session which with rapid breathing such as the Bhastrika Pranayama is very likely in certain postures and applying locks..

quote:

Hi Ichigo,

The reason I mentioned the crown is because if you are using practices like bastrika (as opposed to spinal bastrika), and the locks etc, then you are raising kundalini to the crown. It is the natural path it will take unless it is steered in another direction. If you use Spinal Breathing Pranayama (root to ajna chakra) and spinal bastrika (again root to ajna) then you are taking a safe pathway, and you can raise kundalini to the head two or three times a day if you wish.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000