Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Shaktipat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  02:37:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

It's been awhile, I have been busy following Shaktipat diksha iniatition
in June of last year. I did this to speed things up a bit, but things didn't turn out exactly like I thought it would! You know, the shakti bolt of energy into the root chakra, ascending up to the crown chakra, and---instant kundalini awakening!!! Well, that didn't happen, but my kundalini is definitely aroused. It has been quite slow but gentle in its manifestations. My question is where do I go from here?

How do I fit the shaktipat in with AYP? I realize they are 2 different paths, but can't I somehow blend the 2 together?

I'd love to hear from you folks, and you folks who have been on this particular path on the road to self-realization!

peace,
nirmal

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  12:57:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Inner_ silence,

It's not gobbledygook, but the term "orthogonal" is new to me. Can you explain?

A Siddha named Bernie gave me Shaktipat from where he lives in Australia. Ever heard of him? He lives a simple life there where he lives with his wife. He is not flashy, just a quiet man who lives life
according to the doctrine of Dharma.

peace,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  3:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nirmal

Hello everyone,

It's been awhile, I have been busy following Shaktipat diksha iniatitionin June of last year. I did this to speed things up a bit, but things didn't turn out exactly like I thought it would! You know, the shakti bolt of energy into the root chakra, ascending up to the crown chakra, and---instant kundalini awakening!!! Well, that didn't happen, but my kundalini is definitely aroused. It has been quite slow but gentle in its manifestations. My question is where do I go from here?

How do I fit the shaktipat in with AYP? I realize they are 2 different paths, but can't I somehow blend the 2 together?

I'd love to hear from you folks, and you folks who have been on this particular path on the road to self-realization!

peace,
nirmal

The shaktipat of yogananda or a freely available diksha should fit into AYP. At least the energy of Muktananda though the content should be different can be used.

But you consumed already without much success a year before obviously your shaktipat. Like in Tibetan buddhism you have to renew your initiation. On the web tv Kalachakra will be in three evenings such a opportunity also in other translations

http://buddhachannel.tv/portail/spi...article21593

Axel
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  03:01:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Inner, Alex,all,

Thanks for your input. You've given me good info.Thanks for the buddhachannel link and the rainbowbody link. It's funny you mentioned Yogananda, because I have had direct communion with Mahavatar Babaji. I know it sounds crazy, I have lost correspondence with 1 or 2 people that ran as far away from me as possible upon hearing this! It is true, however, and I won't elaborate unless you want me to!

I'm glad I can incorporate the two together, my only real concern is upsetting the shakti-kundalini. I have practiced AYP for three years and the last year Shaktipat.

So, from what I gather you two are saying is to continue with AYP, but with much self-pacing? To avoid practices that might over-stimulate the kundalini?

Thanks to you all for your help!
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  12:26:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nirmal can you explain what Shaktipat diksha initiation is? I know what the terms mean but is this a particular type of practice being done? Also if you care to describe your Babaji experience I would like to hear it.
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  12:55:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Nirmal,

when we go into details a description what you see as arousal of the kundalini could be helpful. Can you locate the kundalini in this process?

Axel
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - May 10 2012 :  04:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's me again,

Doesn't anyone have any advice to give me concerning shaktipat and AYP?

Gratefully,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - May 10 2012 :  10:52:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello LittleTurtle, Alex,

I'll try to the best of my ability to explain. O.K. Shaktipat can be transmitted by a look, a touch, or in my case, by distance (from Australia to Germany.) What the initiator is actually doing is using the flow of shaktipat/shakti kundalini to the initiate, and by doing so, the initiate receives this transfer of energy. What does/doesn't happen is due to the spiritual readiness to accept this. My siddha (initiator) is of course illuminated/self-realized. My siddha me a picture of him at least at the onset. I practice meditation and pranayama twice a day.

It's difficult to put in words, but I have had moments of (from a Babaji site.)On 2 different conscious moments. One was a complete love of which I have not yet experienced for myself such warmth,exquisite total love. The other one was suprisingly of comedy, or sense of humor. I laughed a lot then! Later I learned that Babaji had a great sense of humor! Another time I had a dream about Babaji. In it, I was standing beside Babaji. There was a man on a gurney and Babaji was giving healing to this man. I was just standing there, watching everything. I have a few more, but you're going to think I've gone nuts!

Axel,
As far as symptoms of kundalini arousal, for me it's physical sensation of intense heat at the root chakra. Sometimes it is gentle, with snake-like motion of the spine (that can be seen by any passerby. And then it's really active, I experience what Yogani has described in his lessons. It's called "bucking bronco" where I am riding that bronco, but this doesn't happen very often. Sometimes it's like swinging on a swing, or other dance-like manifestations. For the most type it is very gentle. Yes, you always know where the kundalini is because you can actually feel it where it is by simple awareness of the energy fields throughout the body.

Hope all this makes sense! I'm sure I have forgotten something!

love and light,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  01:53:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again,

I need to mention that there are subjective symptoms as well concerning a kundalini arousal: an increase of intution, ability to see auras and energy fields of everything and third eye manifestations like heat, pressure, etc.

nirmal
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  09:59:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If it is of any help on shaktipat and AYP, there is lesson on that http://www.aypsite.org/146.html though I am not familiar with it or if it is the same as "Shaktipat diksha." I liked reading your reports on the symptoms experienced, and given that you are both prudent with your practice and also stay committed to it sounds like things are going well. One thing that we can take away from the writings is steady ongoing practice as if running a marathon instead of short sprints is suggested, so if other practices you are introducing to your routine cause the latter, such as bursts of energy followed by overloads, it would be clear which is generally favored here.
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  09:06:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi AumNaturel,

Thanks for suggesting lesson #146. I will read it the first chance I get,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  03:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone,

Thanks for all of your help. I have decided to re-start SB and DM. I have now for the past couple of days, and it is a strong positive reaction to coming back! I feel like I am in a sea of tranquility while doing the meditation, and it feels so right!

love,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  06:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again,

Yesterday and this morning I noted and experienced the shakti in my neck and head,with swinging, snake-like movements side to side, gently.I wonder if this iis because I am sitting in a different position. (Before I re-started SB and DM, it was experienced most of the time in my lower spine, but sitting on the floor with no back support. And, since I changed my practice, (to a bed with back support.)

I will continue to be observant about this!

nirmal
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  04:41:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update...the DM is a gentle swaying, snake like as before. I had one experience of what felt like a hand pressing down on my crown chakra. I have never experienced anything at my crown chakra before. Most of the time the shakti is gentle, with some upbeat swinging with my head wobbling( you remember those toy dogs peoople would put in the rear window of their car?!)

As Capt.Kirk would say, "Steady as she goes!"

nirmal
Go to Top of Page

DigitalYogi

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  4:53:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I got shaktipat online from guru Siyag and the spontaneous asanas i have been doing while in meditation, I have never seen in any books or anywhere for that matter.

Edited by - DigitalYogi on Jun 20 2012 6:58:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  02:53:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello DigitalYogi,

Was your shaktipat successful? What are these spontaneous asanas you speak of? Who is guru Siyag?

nirmal
Go to Top of Page

DigitalYogi

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  08:14:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you can find his videos on youtube. When the kundalini starts rising the skakti will know what your body needs to do and it will make your do all the postures, mudras, bandhas and pranayamas that are required for your particular body without any effort on your part.
Go to Top of Page

yogishankar

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  2:00:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was given Shaktipat method of kundalini awakening in person, by a well known yogi from India who visited USA for a month. The awakening was instant, just a glimpse, not a permanent event. It took me about a week to 10 days to get back to normalcy. The experience was so blissful, now I am very eager to get back to Kundalini awakening.

Edited by - yogishankar on Jun 23 2012 3:43:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2012 :  05:29:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello yogishankar,

Thanks for sharing.

nirmal
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  3:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Yogani's lesson is right on the money.

"Drive by Shaktipat" horrifies me.

Any reputable person who has full knowledge of the process will not just
shove awareness into the silent center and then abandon you.

Genuine Shaktipat is a commitment between temporary beings at the causal
sheath level; a commitment and a bond that will last until the current
cycle of the 'multiverse' is over and we all fall back into formlessness
and take a rest.

Now shabby characters who are full of delusion will just give Shaktipat
at the level of the body/soul, with an overlay of their beings system.

This may well temporarily bypass obstructions and give the recipient
a 'boost', but it's like unprotected sex with a stranger, and you
wind up with 'long-term karma' between the hack teacher and the student.

Now in the grand scheme of things, this is allowed; the Self does some really
mysterious things. But it's certainly not optimal.

True Shaktipat is very gentle, and the effects continue perhaps for a lifetime,
as two individuals become slowly as one on the 'causal plane'.

This awakens all 3 major layers of Kundalini, not just 1 or 2.

(really there are an infinite number of layers; it's all scenery, but it is still
helpful to discuss it this way).

Now, is Shaktipat an OK thing for an AYP practitioner?

Yes, in a very narrow way.

If you and another temporary being enter into this 'trillion year'
relationship with each other, if it's a pure outpouring of love,
and the teacher and the student are close enough to each other
in terms of the ability to give and receive love; then it's beautiful.

But I for one would not seek Shaktipat 'artificially'. If it happens
organically, as part of the flow of your life path, without seeking it
or hungering after it, then it can be beautiful.

I know this is a controversial subject, and I know that people fall into
love with their gurus and as I said, that may be ok.

These words cut to the chase far more than less distinct teachings that
you can find on the subject, but this is the essence of it in my
experience.

Namaste,

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

arthcub

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  10:42:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit arthcub's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone,

I am new here, but I noticed this thread and wanted to contribute.

My teacher, Durga Ma, gives Shaktipat intensives and I have been initiated by her. Shaktipat typically does not awaken Kundalini, but it leads to Kundalini awakening. Shaktipat, in the prepared aspirant, initiates Pranotthana. With Pranotthana, prana spontaneously manifests asanas, mudras, bandhas, pranayamas, nidra, nada, or a variety of other phenomenon. This is all part of the purification process.

Pranotthana preceeds and leads to Kundalini awakening. The awakening of Kundalini can produces similar experiences, but with more intensity.

In my lineage, Shaktipat initiation is only half the process. The natural companion to Shaktipat is Sahaja meditation. Shaktipat frees the energy and Sahaja (natural) meditation puts the energy to work for you.

You don't necessarily have to receive Shaktipat from a guru; Shakti is all around us. It is just another roll played by Prana, which is just another manifestation of God. Some people spontaneously receive Shakti through intense study of the truth, devotion to the absolute, or even vigorous physical activity. Of course, an empowered teacher can also transmit this initiating force.

I have created a youtube video for my teacher that gives a brief explanation of the process.
http://youtu.be/3DHRB86DZBU

If you are interested in receiving Shaktipat (in person only), or learning more about our lineage and it's teachings, you can visit www.shaktipatkundaliniyoga.com.

Warmly,
Arthur
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000