Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2005 :  5:47:09 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Message
528 From: Ashvin Sawhney
Date: Sun Mar 27, 2005 0:33pm
Subject: Re: When You Think Your Meditation's Derailed... ashvinsawhney
Send Email

Yes, its powerful, its useful and its good. Yes, the mind has many tricks.

Ashvin

AYPforum@yahoogroups.com wrote:
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 23:49:29 -0000
Subject: When You Think Your Meditation's Derailed..Think Again! (or just stop thinking!)

I just realized something after a lifetime of meditation that's completely transformed
everything for me. I'm a little ashamed to say it, because I'm betting it's the most obvious,
trivial, beginner observation imaginable. No doubt many of you figured this out in your
first few sessions. It's a "duh". But I offer this for anyone who's been struggling with the
same block, and I rush to note that it has nothing to do with AYP, and, indeed, is exactly
the sort of mental construct intrusion that's supposed to send us gently back to mantra
(observing yourself meditating - even extracting deep wisdom from what you're
experiencing - is a trap of the mind).

when you're in deep meditation, with most of the more superficial chatter stilled, and your
mind finds you and blindsides you out of nowhere ("shoot! did I turn off my stove??"), it
doesn't have to bob you all the way back up to the surface and make you have to start
from scratch. Even if your peace feels utterly punctured, you're not as far away from
returning to where you were as you think. In fact, you're just a hair of a notch away. The
notion that you've been totally disrupted, and need to go drill all the way back down again
is just another trick of the mind (which has endless tricks, of course....which is why we
work to bypass it rather than do battle with it!).

Even if you're in a holy, still moment and your mind shoots to the dinner reservation you
forgot to make, paradise is not lost. Trust that you've drifted but a millimeter. Trust the
state, trust the mantra, trust everything - it's just been a flicker. The safety net is closer
than you think.

Man, this is powerful......for me, at least

Cordially,

Mr. Ashvin Sawhney

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000