Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Does anyone else feel an intense Seasonal change?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Queen

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  10:30:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Queen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello spiritual community,

I'm not sure how the seasons are in other countries, but here in the UK, a definite 'shift' in seasons is taking place. Which is normal - end of summer hols, beginning of September etc.

My question is - does anyone feel that this shift from one season to another brings about an intense feeling of change within you? I feel this onslaught of transformation, as if my insides and.. the world(?) are/is shifting - combined with intense nostalgia. Usually it isn't neccessarily unpleasant, per se, but it can be bittersweet and quite overwhelming. At the moment, it is extraordinarily strong, and in fact, quite anxiety inducing.

I guess I am trying to ascertain whether this feeling is shared, and could be in any way spiritually connected... I remember seeing a topic a while back about the year of 2012 bringing a great feeling of change (which some then interpreted as the apocalypse...).

machi

Belgium
35 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2012 :  04:23:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit machi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do feel differences, but saying they are "intense" would be an exageration. The change from winter to spring, however, is a very marked transformation for me, both physically and mentally.
Physically speaking, every year we (we, as in Europeans having to go through 4 very different seasons every year, something our e.g. Indian friends may not experience in the Subcontinent) go through a cycle of birth -> death -> rebirth.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2012 :  10:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do experience that during meditation and other quiet times. The transition sparks memories of the past, and can be quite motivating to taking up old and new pursuits, and refreshing the horizons as a clean break from the usual. It is also a reminder of the endless cycles, and great value of time as it is seen moving by without sparing any one sense and sensation.
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2012 :  2:46:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel early Fall and early Spring are special among the seasons. The equilbrium of light and darkness, as well as warm days and chilly nights, feel well-balanced - before the movement in the oposite direction accelerates, out of the past 6 months' comfort zone.
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2012 :  08:19:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The transit from Autumn to Winter is always a hard one for me. Every time everything from the past year all comes up. Winter for me is like a process of hibernation and fermentation...which makes for practicing even more tapas and getting on the yoga mat! Im so sensitive to the changes..as soon as the solstice hits and the signs of spring awakening that little extra sliver of light rears its head in the evening I am happy and all smiles again!

Day light saving changes in the winter throws me and I find myself ready for bed around 7 or 8pm in the first few weeks. I tend to be very light sensitive! Im in the southern hemisphere so I am enjoying the extra light atm.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2012 :  6:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am very sensitive the changes in season and also weather. The change from summer to autumn is usually the most intense as i notice the change in light first and this seems to effect me quite a bit. It used to be that I would feel it negatively as I seem to need a lot of sunlight, but I think after now having intensified my sdhana I am less negatively effected. I enjoy the change now. It's good because I spend most of my time outdoors
Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  5:27:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do have a similar feeling. Although the transition of season is a perfect period for performing some advanced cleansing practises "shatkarmas" such as shankaprakshalana etc. In fact I am looking to learn these from yoga academy of north america. Hopefully it will help accelerate the cleansing or the blockage of energies.

Maybe your system is looking for a cleanse at this time...
Go to Top of Page

Queen

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  09:02:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Queen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I think I am very sensitive to season changes. Hopefully I can turn this energy into positive somehow..
Go to Top of Page

DeepSamadhi

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2012 :  7:35:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I experience the exact same thing! And it is becoming 'extraordinarily strong', along with the bittersweet nostalgia, for me over the past 6 years since my Kundalini awakening. And it's not just the seasons. I often feel like EVERYTHING is being 'ripped away' from me --- everything in my entire life is changing and it's like that everyday. And YES, it is definitely "spiritually connected". We are going through immense change on the inside. The change of seasons on the outside is just what we are attaching our feelings to at the moment. We are saying goodbye to so much old stuff that those feelings of missing the past (even if it was yesterday!) are often quite strong. Stay in the present as best you can, and celebrate the change.
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  9:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel that intensity too! Spring is well & truly awakened here & I can't but help feel a deep spriritual, transformation when seasonal changes are taking place. Since I went through a deep kundalini awakening a few years ago I feel much more connected. The spring & summer seem to be celebrating & relaxing after the hard work & challenges of my yoga practice & personal journey over the winter....
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  9:38:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, have to bet some of the misery is buried bad memories of going back to school.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000