Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 A question about meditation times
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robfrommi

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  12:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone, I had a question about meditation times with deep meditation. I am new to AYP and have been doing deep meditation practice for about two weeks and was wondering the community's input on a little dilemma I have. I do my first practice when I wake up (usually around 6 am) but been having trouble deciding when to do my 2nd meditation. The traditional early evening meditation I can't do because I work at those time (3pm-10pm 4 days a week) and I go to bed around 12 am. Doing my 2nd practice at 10:20 pm seems a little late and counter productive(also twice I had trouble sleeping) but it is a stable time I could always do mediation. My other option is doing my 2nd practice between the times of 2-4 pm, and 4 days a week that would be before i go to work, but on the weekend it gets tricky. On Saturday I know I can do a practice after 3 pm (when my wife gets off work and also Sunday I would need a babysitter for 1/2 hour after 3 pm (it isn't a problem)to do my practice. So my question is should I do a more stable but close to bed mediation or do a mediation early afternoon which is less stable but I am able to do. Thanks for listening.

Edited by - robfrommi on Sep 03 2012 2:13:11 PM

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  12:50:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forums .

If I was you I would do it at 4pm.
Go to Top of Page

robfrommi

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  12:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reply, I have been doing my 2nd one at the time slot 2-4 pm, so it is nice to get confirmation that my decision was sound.
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  05:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Robfrommi,
I agree I wuld have done my second session in the 2- 4 pm slot as well. A slight variation over the weekend is fine. What is more important is to try and maintain that habit of twice a day.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000