Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 sweating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2012 :  11:09:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi. I hope everyone is enjoying the hot, hot, hot summer!
Anyway for the past year or so, I've noticed that I start sweating in the middle of my meditations. It lasts for ten minutes or so and then goes away. Weird. Sometimes I like to think of it as purification but it's probably just 'nutter dem tings.'
Happy daze to all.
Larry

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2012 :  12:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, normal.
If you were a woman I'd say you are having hot flashes.
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2012 :  01:40:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In the past, whenever deeper emotions (usually from childhood stuff) would start to emerge while I was meditating, the heat in my body would rise exponentially, and sweat would start pouring out. I would need to just sit with the emotions - consciously NOT connecting them to any thoughts - and let them burn themselves out, before my body would cool down.

Although on a mental level I consider myself pretty much through that particular obstacle, even now getting deeper into my meditation still causes heat increase at times. It's not connected to any emotion at this point *that I can discern* , but when I'm into the depth of the meditation, it's very present.

I would say to you, like I am to myself... consider that it might emotional stuff "firing you up" :)

Edited by - wigswest on Aug 30 2012 01:44:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2012 :  2:04:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess it would take a lot of heat to fix the crack in the liberty bell also. Same principle. Thanks guys. Shanti, you sweetie, how ya doin, mate?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000