Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 stabbing pain-blockage?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sambo

Australia
35 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  07:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit sambo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys
Over the last week or so of practice i have been having a stabbing pain in the spine just below the heart and to the right side that comes up whilst doing my sitting practices.It begins in SB and stays with me until the end of DM it slowly intensifies thoughout the practice to the point that i must lay down for samyama.

I take it this is what you would call a blockage?
I have been doing some targeted bastrika on it, not much change as of yet.

Any one else had something similar?

Your bro Sam

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  08:40:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can help it out a little through stretching the spine before the practices through asanas or your easy intuition like bowing down while standing etc.

Targeted bhastrika should not be necessary.

You can also just be with the pain feelingly, means just be aware of it, observe how it is and moves without judging or trying to change it. Wen it moves, watch its movement.

Am sure all of us had plenty of those, they become visible in time and dissolve shortly after.

Happy practicing :)
Go to Top of Page

sambo

Australia
35 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  6:03:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit sambo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey thanks for your reply Holy

yes i do stretch before sitting practices but i have not tried putting my attention on the area of discomfort.I have just been treating it as a distraction and going back to the mantra/practice when i find my attention there.

If it persists much longer i will give it a go (:
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  8:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You might need to adjust your sitting posture. Try a pillow or block under your sitting bones or even sitting in a chair and see if that helps. It takes time to get enough comfort to sit for practice
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000