Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Kechari Stage 2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

roboto212

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  9:40:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am wondering, once you enter stage 2 kechari, is this a permanent energetic shift once the tongue naturally goes up? I am very strongly desiring to reach this stage in my practice, and maybe it would seem encouraging if I knew that there are rewards for working at it :0.

Right now my tongue can reach back to the uvula, and depending on the level of inner silence, it is usually very pleasureable. The tongue (again depending on inner silence) can kind of rest in the upward position, and mixing it with spinal breathing, it kind of tends to go to the back right, which I find the flap is shorter.

From what ive read, Kechari is used to anchor the consciousness in the ether, or inner space, what does this mean exactly. How would stage 2 affect my over all experience of life, and what does it do for reducing suffering.

Thank you kindly for your replies, namaste
, Eden

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  12:13:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the AYP forums Eden!

There may or maynot be a "huge" shift, but there definitely is a shift.

quote:
From what ive read, Kechari is used to anchor the consciousness in the ether, or inner space, what does this mean exactly.

Initially (from my experience and from what some others have shared) there is an experience of increase in energy flow... then it settles down and then there is a feel of deepening of inner silence. But all this soon settles down as well and we just keep going with our practices to grow in inner silence.

quote:
How would stage 2 affect my over all experience of life, and what does it do for reducing suffering.

No one practice can work toward reducing suffering... trust your inner guru to guide you to what can help you ...
On entering kechari it feels like some circuits are completed (which I have heard can happen even without entering kechari) but truthfully, if you feel drawn to kechari... keep going and find your own experience... don't go by what others say.

quote:
Right now my tongue can reach back to the uvula,

This post of Yogani's helped many of us enter kechari stage 2.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....hpage=4#8056
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

A hint that can be helpful: The journey from stage 1 to stage 2 kechari (going behind the soft palate) is actually a thrust forward with the tongue as soon as it clears the back edge. Not up, but forward. The easiest place to do that from (shortest distance to get behind) is on the left or right side of the edge of the soft palate. The tongue can roll right in from either side, while going up the middle takes more length.

Also, keep in mind that the soft palate is not a rigid boundary. As soon as we are behind it, it folds down and forward like a natural trap door. It returns to normal position just as naturally when the tongue is removed from the pharynx. So the idea of the entrance being an opening "way back there" is somewhat of an illusion. As soon as the pharynx is penetrated, the opening expands all the way forward to the edge of the hard palate. See cross-sectional images of kechari here: http://www.aypsite.org/kechari_image1.html

The guru is in you.

PS: Not sure if you use your fingers to push the tongue in further... but remember that is perfectly legal.
Go to Top of Page

roboto212

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  12:21:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you shanti for timely response :), its nice to hear from the "outside" more about this practice.

Right now my practice involves a mixture of concentration practice on a specific mantra, or simply just the breath. I notice when there is greater stillness and presence, the tongue feels quite comfortable in the upright position (pushing on the back left of the soft pallet flap, this seems to be the shorter route, atleast for me, to getting into that mysterious crevice above hehe) , but after a while the tongue gets a bit tired and I let it rest a bit... I notice an immediate increase in energy through the body, kind of an excitement, or a rapture/rush, there is generally an opening feeling in my head, like pressure is relieved and there is greater stillness.

I notice a sort of drip sensation occasionally if I hold my tongue in this position, not a felt drip anywhere in my mouth, but more like a drip on my crown chakra, and then a blissful opiate like feeling that kind of descends over my whole body, it feels pretty good... I have had previous experiences with taking opiates and this feels very much like it, but can lead to some warm heart feelings.

I notice the soft pallet will randomly kind of retract a bit when my tongue is upright, allowing for the tongue to push up just a bit more. My intuition is telling me that if I keep up with my steady yoga and concentration practices, that the tongue will gradually and naturally push more and more up, and the flap that is keeping me from accessing the mysterious crevice will fully retract....Im sort of looking forward to that day hehe

steady as she goes
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  10:34:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like you have really good things going on with kechari.
Wish you all the best, hope you can enter stage 2 very soon....
The first time is a surprise... "whoa there is so much space there? "

Enjoy!

One line of yours caught my attention:
"concentration practice on a specific mantra"
You are not doing AYP deep meditation I guess?
Maybe give it a try if you'd like... http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

Again, all the best!
Go to Top of Page

roboto212

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  8:16:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I resonate very strongly with the "Om Namah Shivaya" mantra, and have only had good things happen from mentally repeating this mantra, but have switched to the "I am" mantra...Both increase the stillness, presence, aliveness in the moment the deeper I get with it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000