Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 The Mayan Prediction
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  06:26:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all:

continuing on with the 2012 discussion, does anyone here put credence to the mayan prediction of december 21, 2012 being the 'end of times'.

IYHO, do you think its going to be some major physical calamity/natural disaster occurring on that date (that we should prepare for, in whatever way that is), or think/feel it will be another day like any other day???

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  10:37:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've considered a variety of topics, but strangely enough the 2012 phenomenon has never caught my attention, maybe because from the outset it has never really presented anything to follow up with, other than the fact that the Mayan calendar resets.

It is only relatively recently that direct measurements of solar activity, magnetic fields, events in space, and the history of the earth and its life forms have begun. Maybe the universe is a more inhospitable place for organic lifeforms than previously believed, or the opposite, that there is a greater probability for them to thrive given the unthinkable scale involved.

Does time have any meaning? Is ordinary physical death much different than permanent planetary extinction? If there is birth, replication, procreation, death, and reincarnation, why not extinction here, emergence of life elsewhere. I think what is known is that out of apparently inert and sterile matter, incredible patterns emerge, from crystals all the way to the building blocks of organic life, given a delicate and maybe exceptionally rare environment.

So it is a day like any other, no matter which dream plays out or repeats itself. If the so-called dream comes to an end, by seeing the dream and dreamer, then that is one event to count on and to prepare for, since it may be the only event to ever take place.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  10:48:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Aum

I kinda wonder if it's going to pass as insignificantly as the Y2k did. Nothing to worry about, just another day.

But this year, has been an intense year for me, and a lot of personal struggles. But my outer circumstances, have remained the same, just my inner world in much conflict. Maybe its a cleansing of sorts

I like to believe that dec 21. 2012, is more of an internal cleansing process for us humans, getting us ready for a higher evolution/spirituality, rather than on a purely physical cataclysmic level.

Plus I just don't want to die yet. :)

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  10:45:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, Y2K was made up by worrying wannabe nerds, while Mayan scholars had astronomical and spiritual knowledge way beyond ours! No comparison.
But that particular day isn't predicted to be cataclysmic; it is just the turning point where energy finally reverses it's flow for the better. Those of us who belong to the positive side (as evidenced by being here!) have nothing to worry about.

Use faith in your Ishta to rid yourself of fear, and you will ascend. We have all picked this time to be alive because it is the most incredible time ever! We may see negativity still increasing now, but it is only the darkness before the dawn.

PS the Mayans did predict some catastrophes; flooding etc. and we are already seeing them happen all over the world. But also they predicted the birth of a new age on that date.

Edited by - Etherfish on Aug 20 2012 10:50:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  02:02:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ahh etherfish how refreshing!

A positive take on the Mayan prediction!

Yes, I sure hope i belong to the 'positive side' cos sometimes I really have to wonder. 2012 is doing a number on me for sure! It's been tough this year, but on a very personal level.

I am feeling very stagnant this year. Like very little to look forward to. Even a planned trip away to a destination I absolutely love is just not exciting me. I hope 2013 brings something fresh and different for everyone.

if there was to be a huge calamity on dec 2012, I would want the end to be quick and not have to suffer. I am not afraid of death, just of the pain and suffering of HOW one dies.

Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2012 :  11:45:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This year feels sooo sooo different

I have this innate feeling to 'stay put' where i am, so v different for me. I normally hve the travel bug..

Looking forward to what changes this year shall bring.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2012 :  07:35:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, everything is changing in my life. But from the outside it probably looks exactly the same!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000