AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Last Day In India
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  1:50:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste friends, i am On kovalam beach in kerala right now. My plane leaves at 5 am this morning from trivandrum airport. I've been looking back on these last two weeks... My friend who's an atheist is going back to beirut a believer and with a guru to whom he belongs whereas i am going back without any. B4 coming here my plan was to c amma first and then go and meet many other sages afterwards and visiting ramana ashram again. But the desire to meet all these guys simply vanished after meeting amma. Within her presence i didn't have doubts. It felt like being in the presence of someone like jesus if anyone could tell how that feels like. All i could is that amma in person is really something to behold. Yet still i didn't feel like this is my guru. Even though i was a witness to the greatness which is amma. Yet instead of being more spiritual i was pushed into being more human. Instead of wanting to renunciate i feel now that i should have a very normal human life and open up more and find love if possible and take it very easy with spirituality. I don't know how to put this. Best way i can say it is: all good!

Love,
Ananda

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  1:52:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
have a safe flight back
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  2:30:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

Namaste friends, i am On kovalam beach in kerala right now. My plane leaves at 5 am this morning from trivandrum airport. I've been looking back on these last two weeks... My friend who's an atheist is going back to beirut a believer and with a guru to whom he belongs whereas i am going back without any. B4 coming here my plan was to c amma first and then go and meet many other sages afterwards and visiting ramana ashram again. But the desire to meet all these guys simply vanished after meeting amma. Within her presence i didn't have doubts. It felt like being in the presence of someone like jesus if anyone could tell how that feels like. All i could is that amma in person is really something to behold. Yet still i didn't feel like this is my guru. Even though i was a witness to the greatness which is amma. Yet instead of being more spiritual i was pushed into being more human. Instead of wanting to renunciate i feel now that i should have a very normal human life and open up more and find love if possible and take it very easy with spirituality. I don't know how to put this. Best way i can say it is: all good!

Love,
Ananda

Take care dear friend.

Nothing is ever wasted.

A lot of people might say, that it is spirituality itself
which is the final barrier to wholeness.

Becoming human (living in the moment) sounds good to me!

Note: I don't view AYP as a spiritual system; it is a set of
tools enhancing the ability to live in the moment as an
awake human being. There is no spiritual, spiritual path or
'outer guru' from such a perspective. But everything is optional.

Love,

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  2:58:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

Love,
Ananda

Dear Ananda,

Have a great trip back

I can definitely understand Amma's effect on you - I met her last year and felt stripped, for lack of a better word. In her embrace and presence, I was forced to discard the spiritual "facade" I had built up and felt like she could see past all of that nonsense.

Up until recently, I yearned for a guru. For years, I looked into every system, every master to see if he/she was my guru. I am deeply indebted to all of them, but there was never really one person that I could call my exclusive guru, like most mahatmas seem to have. But I've gradually come to see how at each step of the way, someone has come along to teach me exactly what I needed to learn at that point in time.. And I feel very fortunate and infinitely grateful that the universe has decided to bless me with not one, but countless gurus. I must be special

Finally, I'm beginning to see how being "spiritual" itself is a trap. Living a "normal" and very ordinary life and being very human is such a relief to me after years of carrying around this heavy "spiritual" mantle..

Love to you,
kami

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  3:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami

Finally, I'm beginning to see how being "spiritual" itself is a trap. Living a "normal" and very ordinary life and being very human is such a relief to me after years of carrying around this heavy "spiritual" mantle..

Amen to that Kami!

Safe travels Ananda.

Love!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  02:22:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

very well said dear Kami
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  02:23:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thks all for ur good wishes i just arrived to qatar doha and i am stuck here for a day bcz of a plane delay. I scd carson also dear kami :-)
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  09:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson, Maha, Ananda,

Love you all, my dear gurus! I learn so much from you on a daily basis, thank you. _/\_

Hope you have a peaceful day of rest in Doha, Ananda.

kami
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  09:37:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ha!!!

That was my 100th post, what do you know!! Just overcoming my shyness about posting on the open forum has been a sort of spiritual practice Still working on it, but apparently making good progress!!

Love to all
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  11:21:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HA!! If posting is a spiritual practice I should *definitely* be enlightened by now.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  1:42:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well said kami!

LoL carsonzi I had hearty laugh reading your comment(I was having my tea and when i read your comment I could not control laughing and spilled the tea too)lol
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  2:18:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
HA!! If posting is a spiritual practice I should *definitely* be enlightened by now.

how about Yogani?
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  6:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

You mean you're not???

You could've fooled me!!

Love you Carson.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000