Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 SBP after Dm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Don

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  01:18:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is it okay to do SBP after DM?

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  05:43:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Don,

With Yoga practices pranayama comes first since it prepares the body (energy wise) for meditation. Yogani uses the analogy of pranayama ploughing the field so it ready for planting the seeds (meditation). To use that analogy further, it doesn't make sense to first plant the seeds and then plough the field.

Is there any particular reason why you would do it the other way around? If not, I would stick to SBP first, followed by DM.

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  06:23:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
asanas,pranayama then meditation....yoga goes gradually from the gross to the subtle....
Go to Top of Page

Don

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  2:10:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I do pranayam first there is more effort. If i meditate first the effortlessness and silence is brought to the pranayam making it much more enjoyable and powerful.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  3:06:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
why not do a pranayama sandwich? Do a short meditation first, then pranayama followed by a full meditation practice. That should work and certainly no harm in it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000