Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spinal Nerve Pic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  10:18:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone:

I think it would be most helpful for newbies here (myself included) to see pics of the spinal nerve, to help SB

Are there any pics, that could help us with the SB visual???

Just did a google search, but figured that on this site, the pics would be more suitable.

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  12:08:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a reason why Yogani doesn't put it on the main site, but there is a drawing from him in one of his books. The most important part is to have the intention of "this is the spinal channel" and the attention with breath is moving through it.

Some pics of the spinal cord within which the sushumna is:

http://www.medicalook.com/diseases_...Injuries.jpg

http://www.yogananda.com.au/img/pic...akras300.gif

In both cases you should go till the perineum and not just end at the coccyx. The following picture is one of the best:

http://pce-yoga.com/images/p032_1_00.png

Start grossly and refine over time in SBP. first it is important to move the breath up and down the spine, later on you will automatically be able to move it with more precision within the sushumna and you will know that you are exactly in the right channel. Within sushumna there are even thinner nadis, but step by step =)
Go to Top of Page

SwamiX

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  12:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would not, however, get too concerned with the curves in the spine or the spinal nerve - spinal cord. just go up the spinal column and forward to the third eye and then back down, etc.

Often folks want an exact picture of the spinal nerve or they want someone to record the mantra so they are sure they are pronouncing it exactly right. Truth is, the mantra changes during mediation and the SB gets clearer over time as Holy states
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  11:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SparklingDiamond,

I also have been benefitted from picture/painting of the spinal channel, as my SB was getting straight to crown, missing the ajna, causing overload.

I suggest seeing Alex grey's paintings in http://www.alexgrey.com/ and look for or 'alex grey sacred mirror' in youtube. I would have loved to provide you a link but youtube is blocked from where i am writing. You will get an almost hour long video. Go for it, it is totally worth it as you will get more than you are looking for.

To garnish it with more info, Alex Grey is an artist specializing in spiritual and psychedelic art, who spent five years at Harvard Medical School working in the Anatomy department studying the body and preparing cadavers for dissection (from wikipedia).

hope you enjoy this!!
love..
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  01:09:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Eeek I have just been going down to the coccyx! The perineum is quite a ways down from there! Thanks for supplying that info Holy!! very much appreciated!

Thanks also to Swamix and Swan!

Blessings

M
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  6:33:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@SparklingDiamond

They are nearly at the same height, so it is a little bit to the front and not really down. But as SwamiX corrected and as per Yogani's suggestions it is not necessary to go up and down in curves. Straight from the perineum to the center of the head and then to the front between the eyebrows is ok aswell.

Back then I tested both and both were effective. The reason for that lies in the flexibility of the astral and more subtle atoms. You can visualize the spinal nerve outside the body and flow through it and after some time be in extatic bliss but feelingly from where it is in the phyisical body. As long as your intention is right and you start and end at the perineum/between-the-eye-brows you will make good progress with refinement of the practice over time.

@Swan

Aley Grey has amazing paintings but I'm not aware of a good one relating to the spinal nerve and the chakras. They are still better than the very classic drawings. Don't know why noone does a good painting on the subtle anatomy. C.W. Leadbeater had some good chakra drawings but they were limited to the etheric and more dense frontal chakras. Most probably it gets too vague in the astral realm to make clear and "this-is-so"-drawings.

As always teachings and methods refine over time aswell so I'm sure sooner or later some very nice drawings will come, most probably taking the flexibility of the subtle structures into account. No need to wait till then and happy practicing :)
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  03:40:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy

thank you so much for that information!

I used it yesterday in my meditation. So instead of just visualizing the coccyx, i visualized from the perineum, without curving the line.

I felt some energy movements within my head, and also within my body, and also some emotional stuff came up for me.

It did make a difference. :)

Thanks so much for sharing that with me.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000