New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  06:07:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti,
You seem to know every nook and corner of the forum, and every lesson and number as well. What do you do the whole night - not sleep a wink and haunt the site? You just pull out references out of the hat... which brings me to , I need to go over the lessons all... and then over again a few times. Merci encore.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  06:13:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
BTW Jim, you bring me down thud.

The feeling of the shot was a relief response to your:
quote:
If that approach sounds like the most tremendous and delicious relief, embrace that feeling tightly

And hey, I'm not holding the camera ... I'm the subject feeling the breeze and all, but not there in the shot.

Never mind, the long and short is, you say, 'brush your teeth.' And I say, 'Aye Sir, till the enamel wears off, and the teeth drop dead.'
(Now don't tell me to self pace to save the enamel and teeth. lol)

Edited by - sadhak on May 31 2006 06:53:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  10:43:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I woulda said that about the enamel...you got me 100% right!

Sigh....re "bringing down", that seems to be the perception of a bunch of people on this forum...that I'm sort of a guy holding a butterfly net trying to ground their flights. It's not a reputation I treasure, but as I've surfed yoga discussions both offline and online, I notice there's vastly more yoga "style" discussion (huggy and affirmative) than actual yoga discussion (devoted to clarity...and vigilance re: the incursion and cooption of mind). Consider me a character actor doing his eccentric part to try ardently to leave breadcrumbs as he slooowly comes to understand stuff. Since yoga doesn't actually involve "doing" things (aside from literally doing the practices) or moving places or advancing, those breadcrumbs almost always involve the necessity of stripping away (mis)conceptions, Yoganji's engineered an oh-so-simple pathway by which we clean lots and lots of mud from our windshields. As we add complexity by conceptualizing, analyzing, and elevating corollary "experiences", we are adding more mud! (and that's the ultimate bring-down!)

This forum, like any discussion of yoga, is intrinsically about adding complexity. So I'm trying to turn it topsy turvy by using the forum to help remind all of us (including me...I'm the very worst at all this, but I'm somewhat reformed these days) that yoga is subtractive, that this isn't a new skill to pick up, that we're already "there" but AYP is helping us to stop fighting and recoiling against the there-ness (that, essentially, what we are doing is no more awesome than brushing our teeth so we get just very slightly less oblivious and insane).

And that nicely returns us to the topic of this thread!

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on May 31 2006 10:53:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  11:17:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Jim said: Sigh....re "bringing down", that seems to be the perception of a bunch of people on this forum...that I'm sort of a guy holding a butterfly net trying to ground their flights

For what it is worth.. it has helped me a LOT.. so Thank You and don't stop.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  12:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

Sigh....re "bringing down", that seems to be the perception of a bunch of people on this forum...that I'm sort of a guy holding a butterfly net trying to ground their flights. It's not a reputation I treasure, but as I've surfed yoga discussions both offline and online, I notice there's vastly more yoga "style" discussion (huggy and affirmative) than actual yoga discussion (devoted to clarity...and vigilance re: the incursion and cooption of mind).

A big huggy to you, Jim. What would AYP be without you?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  12:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Come now Meg.. I can see Jim brushing off that hug..
But if you are accepting Hugs Jim.. Here is a big one from me((()))

Edited by - Shanti on May 31 2006 1:10:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  1:23:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is hell.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  1:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim, if you think this is hell, wait till you die:

Obsidian said:
If we see each other in hell and spend fifty years on an assembly line stamping out red-hot brass IMO's for every one we missed in this life....

Edited by - david_obsidian on May 31 2006 1:31:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  9:47:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

This is hell.

Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  03:01:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't stop laughing... that's why some of the letters look wriggly. This is such deja vu... and one I wouldn't miss just now. A bit like the one and half hours in a car pool to Yoga session, and the kind of conversations that would ensue. Only a lot more focussed here. And with several butterfly catchers in place other than Jim. We had fly swatters in that group.

Wha... David? That went right over... and still made me smile. The fool in me reigns.

Shanti... you seem to be the person to catch just now... you were talking of group meditation. I have understood that practitioners vibrate at many different level-ranges. During a group meditation there is exchange of auras, which is what contributes to common experiences, or heightened awareness, or a different level of meditation. BUT, also that if people of different vibration ranges should not meditate together, or the new ones tend to have an adverse affect on the ones who've been meditating since long. Is this your experience as well, and does Yogani say anything about this? In fact, there were several groups made based on their 'prana' level which was detected by the more perceiving and sensitive older students. Does this apply to the AYP method too? (since yogic principles are universal) And what about when children want to learn (I have a bunch around here wanting to learn 'yoga')... any precautions? Dos? Don'ts?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  10:05:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sadhak,
This group meditation thing is new to me.. I started this group only because I wanted more people to experience deep meditation. In about a year and half, AYP has changed my outlook towards life and spirituality and I think everyone has a right to experience this.
Yes, you can actually feel the energy in that room during meditation. All of these ladies were trying out meditation for the first time and the impact it had on them was tremendous. However they are all just at the beginning level.. at least in this life time.. so that maybe the reason I don't find any problems. All of them go in very deep.. I can tell because they take a long time to come out of it.. also since I don't meditate at this time.. I can hear the fan and the kids and traffic noise.. but later if I ask them if it bothered them.. none of them remember hearing any of it... or maybe just hear in the beginning. I am really impressed at how well they are doing.. and how dedicated they have been.. one reason could be.. they did not come with any expectations.. like I did.. I had a need to find God.. for them it was something to try .. and they got hooked to it.

I may not be the right person to answer your question.. I personally have had no trouble.. and when there were a few issues with the sensitive mediators.. with Yogani's advice we have done pretty well in overcoming them.

Here in lesson#37, Yogani talks about group meditations.
http://www.aypsite.org/37.html

In lessons#256 Yogani talks about Yoga and Kids..
http://www.aypsite.org/256.html

Here is the thread we had a discussion on group meditation.. and Yogani's views on group meditation..
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1067
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  11:44:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's an all woman meditation group? You know, you ought to videotape the sessions. I'm betting, somewhere out on the internet, are fetishists for that sort of thing who'd pay good money to watch.
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  3:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like to watch!
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  11:12:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari OM
~~~~~~~~
quote:
Originally posted by meg

[quote]Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

This is hell.

Its not often I disagree, so before I do, this may be in jest...
yet, for the record if any one is keeping one let me know!
So here's my rant:

I do not think, believe, see, experience, understand, been taught, live or even concieve thislevel of creation/consciousness is hell. Never was, never will be... hell, is in your mind - if this existence is hell [for any AYP folk], I hope it corrects itself soon!
This [creation] is an expression of HIS consciousness, no hell included.

Now, that said, there are 14 loka's that are recognized from Svarga Loka - heaven, to Naraka Loka, hell. YET all are still relative field of life... once in Brahm Vidya these are just concepts, ideas, that fade away.

We all have the opportunity to visit, better word is earn, these levels of existence and consciousness. Again, in various conversations I have only met 1 person so far ( after asking for 40+ years) that remembers their last time around. An interesting conversation transpired (this is not John's conversation).
I do not have permission to discuss his experience, yet my question to this sadhu was NOT who where you last time, but do you remember what happened to you 'in between' life's? This was an interesting volley of emails back and forth and insights gained. Now, was it truthful? I have no reason to doubt this gentleman as he was hesitent to even discuss, and stayed on general terms till I probed ( gingerly) for some additional info...

I do know and experince this every day:
'The world is, as you are' - maharishi mehesh yogi

agnir satyam rtam brhat
Frank in San-Diego

Edited by - Frank-in-SanDiego on Jun 02 2006 11:28:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  11:39:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Some people say that this existence is the worst hell they'll ever know, while others say it's the greatest heaven. I don't believe in either hell or heaven, so I'd say, this is it! Might as well settle in and get comfy, cuz we're going to be here for a lo-o-o-ong time, in one form or another.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  11:47:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Meg,
This is heaven and this is hell.. so might as well make the best of it..
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  12:08:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I may have hit on a way of looking at the heaven/hell thing here:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1189
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  12:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~~~~
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Yes Meg,
This is heaven and this is hell..

I think this is a line from the Eagles? Hotel Calif!

thx!

agnir satyam rtam brhat
Frank in San-Diego
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  12:15:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nope Frank..
I said This IS heaven and this IS hell..

The Eagles ..Hotel Calif goes..
This could be Heaven or this could be Hell
Go to Top of Page

ranger

USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  12:40:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit ranger's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I vote for Purgatory.
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  1:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Would that mean we're purging?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000