Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spinal Breathing Issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  7:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone:

I am having an issue with the SB

When I get to the top of the head, for some reason, the line that we r to trace from root to third eye, right before it reaches the third eye, keeps wanting to do a downward and then an upward loop to the third eye.

Is this technically incorrect, and will it lessen the benefits of the SB, as it's meant to be a straight line up the spine, and then a straight turn to the third eye???

I am not very good at the visualizing of the spinal nerve (some days better than others), but I continue to practise. I have just recently added the ujayyi breathing to it, as instructed by Yogani.

Any helpful advice appreciated

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  07:55:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sparkling!

If I were you I would continue as best you can tracing from third eye to root. I had times when it was difficult to do, but I just kept practicing and it has worked itself out. It can be frustrating at times, but keep at it!

Are you doing Sambhavi Mudra? That can help you with tracing to the third eye.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  08:12:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Woosa.
Just want to add... if it gets really tough, once you reach the point "right before it reaches the third eye,keeps wanting to do a downward and then an upward loop to the third eye.", jump your attention to the third eye. That is, don't trace the spinal nerve anymore... go till the point you can easily trace the spinal nerve, then jump your attention to the third eye area... then back down. Over time the block will dissolve and you will be able to follow the nerve through all the way.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  07:00:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to Shanti and Woosa

i will definitely try that. :)

Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  09:36:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

I agree with Woosa.
Just want to add... if it gets really tough, once you reach the point "right before it reaches the third eye,keeps wanting to do a downward and then an upward loop to the third eye.", jump your attention to the third eye. That is, don't trace the spinal nerve anymore... go till the point you can easily trace the spinal nerve, then jump your attention to the third eye area... then back down. Over time the block will dissolve and you will be able to follow the nerve through all the way.

Hmmmm.... I just had a thought after reading one of the other posts on this board.

I am wondering if the reason I am having this 'loop' has to do with my third eye being blocked. I was told a while ago, that it was blocked.

The other post I just read said that the third eye and root chakra, are so connected they could almost be considered one and the same

the thing is i have had a coupla issues surroundign my root chakra.

I broke my tailbone about 9 years ago now, and also had another illness around the root chakra, where I couldn't walk for approx 3 months.. These health issues are completely cleared/cured.

But wondering if maybe this is why there is this weird urge to 'loop' on my journey towards the third eye through SB. Could it be caused from a third eye blockage/problem??? and if so, how do I clear or cure a blocked third eye???
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  1:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For clearing specific blockages, there is targeted bastrika along the spine, though for something so close to the third eye and crown I'd keep to the usual spinal breathing, because tracing up into third eye affects the crown by proxy. This can be verified if you have any symptoms, which for me are the rare tingling, pressure, or crawling sensations which always occurs at both ajna and sahasrar, or the more common crown tingling during samyama after SBP and DM. The practices are said to purify and open, so there is no need to do anything above and beyond.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  1:30:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We all have block all over the place else we would not be on this path now would we?
Does not mean we need to focus on any of them(that causes imbalances, overloads), unless they come up naturally...
Just practice as per the instructions in the lessons, and they will dissolve...

Here is Yogani's lesson on this: http://www.aypsite.org/276.html
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  1:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ahh!!! Aum and I cross posted... Thanks Aum!
Yes targeted bhastrika is very good... but should only be added once you are stable in your practices.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  11:53:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AumNaturel

For clearing specific blockages, there is targeted bastrika along the spine, though for something so close to the third eye and crown I'd keep to the usual spinal breathing, because tracing up into third eye affects the crown by proxy. This can be verified if you have any symptoms, which for me are the rare tingling, pressure, or crawling sensations which always occurs at both ajna and sahasrar, or the more common crown tingling during samyama after SBP and DM. The practices are said to purify and open, so there is no need to do anything above and beyond.

Thanks very much Aum

I do get the pressure/throb at the third eye area. So i guess that means something is working. :)

Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  11:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

We all have block all over the place else we would not be on this path now would we?
Does not mean we need to focus on any of them(that causes imbalances, overloads), unless they come up naturally...
Just practice as per the instructions in the lessons, and they will dissolve...

Here is Yogani's lesson on this: http://www.aypsite.org/276.html

Thanks Shanti !! that makes sense, i'm not an island after all...:)

I am looking forward to any blockages clearing naturally!

Blessings,

Maria

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000