Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Basechakra blocked
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  4:03:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello there folks :)
Ah how pleasant it is to be here :)
Most of the problems I had with my practices vanished over time
but one is serious (in the sense, that it's persistently obstructing my spinal breathing pranayama)

So I know from some experiences how it is when the energies is being drawn upwards from the rootchakra and that feeling of like being rooted somewhere deep below me.

But I don't seem to get there. I can't draw it up from the base and I can not bring it down to the base. It's like I have a pretty solid block at the 2nd chakra (or maybe it is the rootchakra that's blocked.. or both?)

I feel like this makes all my pranayama efforts vain since you need the root-third eye connection...

I've been having that issue ever since I picked up pranayama (3 years ago or so)

What can you tell me about it and like what can I do about it?
Anything helpful is highly appreciated

ps I think about quitting smoking for that one

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  5:55:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you tried Targeted bastrika http://www.aypsite.org/198.html?
Go to Top of Page

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  3:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you shanti I'll try that one
Bastrika is consciously breathing in and out and not just breathing out and letting the air come all by itself back?
I've heard of a technique like that and so I'm not sure.
Also how is "shallow breathing" to be understood?
Not so powerful just fast?
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  5:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by escapado

Hello there folks :)
Ah how pleasant it is to be here :)
Most of the problems I had with my practices vanished over time
but one is serious (in the sense, that it's persistently obstructing my spinal breathing pranayama)

So I know from some experiences how it is when the energies is being drawn upwards from the rootchakra and that feeling of like being rooted somewhere deep below me.

But I don't seem to get there. I can't draw it up from the base and I can not bring it down to the base. It's like I have a pretty solid block at the 2nd chakra (or maybe it is the rootchakra that's blocked.. or both?)

I feel like this makes all my pranayama efforts vain since you need the root-third eye connection...

I've been having that issue ever since I picked up pranayama (3 years ago or so)

What can you tell me about it and like what can I do about it?
Anything helpful is highly appreciated

ps I think about quitting smoking for that one

The so-called root chakra is a special case, so nearly every last
tradition in the world doesn't touch it, but rather lets it do its own
thing on it's own schedule.

This is the way of wisdom.

For all intents and purposes, the 'base chakra' and the 'crown'
chakra are so interconnected, that it's not entirely inappropriate
to say that they are one and the same chakra.

I'm sure you know that AYP is very careful with the 'crown'
chakra.

Kundalini is the only thing which has the wisdom to 'open' either
the base chakra or the crown chakra.

In terms of AYP practices, it is best to master them and leave
the 'cores of living stars alone', and let them awaken on their
own schedule.

Trust me; they will open when the proper time comes; which
is different for each of us.

Love,

Kev

Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  9:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am wondering about your sitting position. You may have your legs and hips locked up too much. Try a very easy relaxed leg position so that the pelvis has a little wiggle room
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  04:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Escapado,

You could try targetted bastrika as Shanti suggested. It is a forced inhalation and exhalation with the attention moving only in a small area, say root to manipura chakra for example.

The other thing I was going to say is that spinal breathing pranayama is not a process of moving energy. It is all about moving attention with the breath. So if you can simply bring your attention to the root chakra at the end of each exhalation then that is enough. The nadis and chakras will clear automatically over time.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  6:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey thank you guys
I still need lots and looots of work to do here oh my... :D
If I couldn't devote myself to something like AYP I think I'd go bananas so it's really nice to have this community
But still at this time I'm back to DM only. I don't know I really wanna build up a really deep silence before I add anything. Been practicing since 2009 but I'm not the most enduring practicioner, I regularly stop for a few days (I don't know I try to fight it but it still occurs) and this pause has also once been for a month (but I just couldn't stop it once and for all)
So you think I should avoid adding more practices or go for it?
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  07:32:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like you already know what you want to do =P

There was a time even after lots of additional practices and a break that I switched back to DM for nearly 8 months. And it was not even much, about 10-15 minutes twice a day. Still without noticing it had great effects like less need for sleep and more focusedness for the civil work I had to do back then.

At least in the morning after getting up sitting up and doing some 10-15 minutes DM was always possible. The late afternoon sitting sometimes fluctuated but was mostly possible. It was better than nothing. Nothing may be the best, but noone does true nothingness and mostly just a cheaty half-half-idling. It looks like surrender but just looks like so =P In that case doing active silence-digging was much better here.
Go to Top of Page

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  2:48:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I feel the same way you felt about it that's also why I just can't/won't drop out of AYP (maybe you noticed my other recent thread in enlightenment mielstones

Soo, how did it go for you, how and how quickly did things evolve?
I mean time is not sooo important but you know we are all a litle bit impatient, some more some less (at least I am - I chose this also (not onoly but for a huge part because I was not satisfied with my life/my perception of things [like everything seemed shallow to me])
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  8:11:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I totally feel with you, am also of that impatient type. Best to me is ultimate best now forever ^^ It is already so, but all the complex movements of body-mind-"surrounding" block that truth being dominantly visible.

So instant full complete silence would be the nicest, but it would need to be so fast, that there is not enough time for the mind to whine or cry as this always and surely happens if the breath and heartbeat slow down and near themselves to full stopp without the body being rdy to handle it.

For that reason we have all the systems that gradually clean out obstructions and make the body-mind smooth and easy to be able to become completely still without showing any ("bad") reactions. *

For me this evolved always very fast when it was the primary aim (in school breaks/vacation etc.) and ok but not fully satisfying when it was focused upon in parallel to daily life via timely limited meditation session. Am still studying and the compromise is crazy huge. I feel like the best combo is to do some good practical work which makes you and people happy without having too much need for the thinking device so that one can practice in good amounts and still do the work easily and in that way have an optimal progress on all levels.

DM has the tendency to increase bhakti after some time very strongly, so after some months before the 8th month I already looked for more even though back then I had no time left. The moment that work ended and before the dealdy university-time started there was a long gap which was filled so extremely with pranayama and dm, that I was flying in nomind bliss for months till the compromise (uni) once again begain =P

I don't think one will get clear and good inputs when it comes to this from anyone who has not the authority of *

More AYP'ler with * would be a very strong inspiration for everyone. So far I feel like Yogani is still the only one within AYP =P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000