Divine love?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  07:05:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

quote:
Originally posted by Namath
However I still can't see how a Loving God-My God- can be the same God who creates all this chaos and violence in the world.He just can't be the same God.

Why do you think it is the same god?

He just can't be the same God.

Hello Etherfish!

I never said he's the same god!I never said anything close to that actually.

One never build a pre-set result before the experiment.I'm practicing,observing,sharing....waiting and seeing.

Kev and Karl,I'm laughing at your laughs...can you please explain what's so great about the question?

Love.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  07:32:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you - that's exactly what i was asking.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  09:09:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:
However I still can't see how a Loving God-My God- can be the same God who creates all this chaos and violence in the world.He just can't be the same God.

Why do you think it is the same god?

He just can't be the same God.

Hello Etherfish!

I never said he's the same god!I never said anything close to that actually.

One never build a pre-set result before the experiment.I'm practicing,observing,sharing....waiting and seeing.

Kev and Karl,I'm laughing at your laughs...can you please explain what's so great about the question?

Love.

It's wrapped up in itself and Ethers question was perfect as it was also the answer. It just made me laugh because it was almost an ironic question and Kevs answer just made that point.
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  12:35:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

We've all had a good laugh; Etherfish's question was brilliant and with perfect timing. As Karl
said, a question with the seed of the answer within.

But Namath has a valid query; so let's not hide in the Light so to speak; lets dive into the mud,
under the hood, and answer his question.

From a certain seemingly dualistic perspective, what happens every time we do this thing called
life is this:

The One gets a hankering to make Babies and to get his freak on, with the essences we might
call Shiva and Shakti. Those are just symbols, so don't worry about them.

Well for the Babies to be the real deal, they all need to be very powerful and to have absolute
'free will'.

Each Baby thinks it's the One at the beginning, moments after it's spun off tangential to
the rotation of axis.

As a matter of fact, 'within this Baby' is an entire universe, where everything goes it's way.
This is so-called 'paradise' for this baby.

But what happens; is that all the Babies try to exert their will, and wind up bouncing off all
the other Babies, who are doing the same thing.

For all the world it's much like in the book, "The Silmarillion" by JRR Tolkien. I swear, that
guy was Illuminated.

If all the "Sons of God" have free will, and all are equal, and allowed to rampage around within
the so-called 'fixed space' within the One, why then they all nullify each other to a great
degree, and nobody gets their way in the Big Play Pen.

So, WE are the ones who have created all this suffering. It's OUR FAULT that we can't play nicely
together. Daddy doesn't care; if Son and Daughter fall into the mud and skin their knees; the One
will kiss the boo boo, but it will still sting. The sting is the gift. 'Karma' is a gift.

When 'we' look out into the world and see bodies and personalities, including our own, we are not
seeing our core selves. We are seeing the pattern that emerges from all of "Us" having a sh*t fit
and trying to exert our wills on the other Sparks.

With practice, you can see 'your note', 'your thread' in all matter, in all people; when you look
deeply into someone's eyes with Love, you wind up seeing Your Thread in them, and in time you
learn to discern each and every last thread, that does not 'belong to you'.

These little tussles we get into in the forums and in life, are a direct proof that we all think
we are little gods and we must get our way with our words.

But when you become liberated, you not only see 'your own thread', but you learn to love all the
other 'threads'; you might spend days, months, years or eternities, meeting each thread on it's
own terms, letting it think it's all this and that, just for the opportunity to be in this thread's
space, so that you can give them a gift of love.

And you let other threads do the same for you; as we are all eternal students.

These kind of realizations, these kind of perpetual perceptions become rooted in the body after
a certain growth process; this then is the fruit of Yoga.

I hope this response was of value to you; this type of response doesn't come out very often;
it's more helpful to laugh in the mud with your playmates, much of the time.

Love,

Kev
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  12:40:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
oh yea...I can see that now.
thank you dear Karl.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  1:55:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

oh yea...I can see that now.
thank you dear Karl.

Your welcome Namath.

As to pain and suffering, well, if you look closely you can see that the only suffering is your own. This does not mean you shouldn't act for the sake of others, but it does mean you won't suffer if you don't act, you won't feel frustration at not being able to do something, or guilt because you didn't. Instead you act because that is the only option at the time.

We also have pain, but no requirement for suffering. Pain is natural.

Without these forces in your world you would be unable to grow. A completely level environment in which the Ego can grow is not healthy, you would not be driven to seek what is behind the curtain of self.

The funny thing is that a perfect world which you might envisage is impossible, even in the almost perfect world the smallest differences would be magnified. The perfect world is not a world at all, it is homogenous and without form.

God is in and of the world and he is you also, but you are not God. You are like a cup of water reflecting the image of God like the rays of the sun create the image of the sun in reflection. You know God because God is within and without, in everything.

Your world is your nature and Gods creation combined. This is what you witness. It is a series of lessons created by you to guide you, it needs no explanation it should be followed without question like a child running after its Father.

The guide is the Guru inside, it is always right, but it may not always appear too kind.
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  2:07:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kevincann

But Namath has a valid query; so let's not hide in the Light so to speak; lets dive into the mud,

Hello Kev;

We posted in the same time & thus I missed your reply.

Namath is a She...but it doesn't make any difference .

Enjoyed reading your reply.

thank you very much.

Love.

Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  2:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"you can see that the only suffering is your own"

I don't suffer…I'm in pain from what I witness around.

Without these forces in your world you would be unable to grow
yea…these forces cook you….I think I'm burnt already

The funny thing is that a perfect world which you might envisage is impossible

it is homogenous and without form

oh yea you can only call peace peace if there was war….or else we wouldn't need definitions.

"You are like a cup of water reflecting the image of God like the rays of the sun create the image of the sun in reflection. You know God because God is within and without, in everything."

I know this….but still something is still missing….Ego…awareness….ego... awareness…ego again.

it should be followed without question like a child running after its Father.
can't I run and ask ? :D…only kidding.

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  3:02:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by kevincann

Hello Kev;

We posted in the same time & thus I missed your reply.

Namath is a She...but it doesn't make any difference .

Enjoyed reading your reply.

thank you very much.

Love.

My apologies for using the generic gender (now does that say
something about our western culture or what?)

I know only a handful of people at AYP, and it is somewhat
doubtful I'll ever meet any AYP people, so I just write for
unknown strangers, which I have never met, may never meet,
but who feel like they live in my heart anyway.

Love,

Kev
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  4:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

"you can see that the only suffering is your own"

I don't suffer…I'm in pain from what I witness around.

Without these forces in your world you would be unable to grow
yea…these forces cook you….I think I'm burnt already

The funny thing is that a perfect world which you might envisage is impossible

it is homogenous and without form

oh yea you can only call peace peace if there was war….or else we wouldn't need definitions.

"You are like a cup of water reflecting the image of God like the rays of the sun create the image of the sun in reflection. You know God because God is within and without, in everything."

I know this….but still something is still missing….Ego…awareness….ego... awareness…ego again.

it should be followed without question like a child running after its Father.
can't I run and ask ? :D…only kidding.

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

It's sometimes hard to tell over the Internet. I get the feeling your angry and losing faith in things? I don't share your situation but it's more than OK to be angry.
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  6:00:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"God" lets his children run amok. Then the children get angry with God.

It's really a parenting issue, but that's way above my pay grade.

LOL.

Kev

Edited by - kevincann on Jul 25 2012 6:01:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jose

Spain
40 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  04:12:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Namath,

quote:

Hey Jose;

No you're not alone of course.Be sure every thought that crosses your mind must be crossing someone else's mind too.

Feel like sharing this with you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6xB...eature=share
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD5bCNvAihU

Nice clips, thanks! It seems that some animals tend to break the laws of nature too...

quote:

I didn't read everyone's replies on this topic (...).

Don't worry; judging by some of the answers given here, I see you are not the only one.

quote:

(...) On the other hand,there are advanced members on this forum.It might be difficult to interpret the message from where they are now....It's like you eat mango and I never had mango.& I ask you to describe its taste and you say it's sour.I tell you sour,yes!sour like Lemon...you will reply"no sour like....mango"

Yes, you are right but, at least one could get an idea, even when it's not quite complete.

quote:

Therefore,better to have own answers from own experience till one reaches ...and when one reaches...I doubt there will be any need for any question.

Amen to that, but I will not say 'NO' to any spiritual big brother who wants to share some of his/her knowledge with me before I get there ;)

quote:

You ask me now...I'll tell you I don't know because that's the truth.Once I unite with God,I'll remember you there

Will you?? :)

Thank you for your kind words and the love you send. I really feel it.

Much more Love

Edited by - Jose on Jul 26 2012 04:41:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  05:05:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Karl,Karl,Karl

What to say!anger comes and goes...a passing emotion.I still have difficulty grasping what satisfaction or happiness a human can get from hurting,mistreating and/or abusing other humans,animals and trees...that brings pain & raises anger in me.

Of course I have Faith!I have faith in my God,I'm blessed with a beautfiul family i have faith in that...& I have faith in 3 beautifiul souls,one in Utah and two in london
the rest of the world is subject to testing

All Love.

What to say in return. I have stood where you stand, but could not see that the world turned around me, while I was equally part of the world. My anger was the worlds anger, the worlds anger was my anger. When the cold wind blew in the world it blew deep inside me, when the cold wind was blowing bitterly inside me I was blowing it into the world.

If you can see how the anger is inside and outside, a reflection of each other like two sides of an equation they can cancel each other out. It is like an explosion that robs the fire of oxygen and extinguishes both.

What you see externally, the cruelty, killing, suffering is perpetrated by the same anger that boils within you. I'm not saying you should try and get rid of your anger, just perhaps you might learn to see that it is that same anger that causes those horrific acts you witness externally. If you see the individuals as separate from you, then you can notice their internal anger and fear as no different to your own. Only the action is altered according to their nature.

It's a difficult one to swallow I know. Jesus said ' forgive them Father for they know not what they do' in forgiving them we forgive ourselves and find the light. It's not easy, no one said it would be.

Thank you for your honest reply.

Edited by - karl on Jul 26 2012 05:08:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  07:32:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I still have difficulty grasping what satisfaction or happiness a human can get from hurting,mistreating and/or abusing other humans,animals and trees...that brings pain & raises anger in me.

It is because you assume they are like you, and have love inside and operate based on that love. People who do those things don't have that love, some just temporary, and others not at all. When you don't know love, you operate on other principles, like stealing energy from others.
These people feel the energy given up when others are in pain, and they like that because it is a faint, dark echo that is similar to love, at least in their minds, which do not know love.

And no, you can't just go up and give these people a hug; they'll try to hurt you. They live in a different world. It is connected to ours in very sick ways. I believe that connection is one of the things that will begin to change at the end of this year when a new age begins.

Different scriptures describe it in different ways. Christian writings say it is "Satan", who would be the other god you refer to, causing all the pain and sorrow. Other belief systems say it is all caused by humans. They are just different ways of talking about things that are difficult to put into words.

Edited by - Etherfish on Jul 26 2012 07:36:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  10:53:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

When the cold wind blew in the world it blew deep inside me, when the cold wind was blowing bitterly inside me I was blowing it into the world.

If you can see how the anger is inside and outside, a reflection of each other like two sides of an equation they can cancel each other out. It is like an explosion that robs the fire of oxygen and extinguishes both.

Words of truth.I've realized that dear Karl.
This is similar to what i mentioned to Jose.there are thoughts that crosses my mind that is not linked to my person in anyway...time after time... I managed to identify the direction its coming from.Same applies to emotions...It's always two ways.We are mirroring one another.

quote:

What you see externally, the cruelty, killing, suffering is perpetrated by the same anger that boils within you. I'm not saying you should try and get rid of your anger, just perhaps you might learn to see that it is that same anger that causes those horrific acts you witness externally. If you see the individuals as separate from you, then you can notice their internal anger and fear as no different to your own. Only the action is altered according to their nature.

It's a difficult one to swallow I know. Jesus said ' forgive them Father for they know not what they do' in forgiving them we forgive ourselves and find the light. It's not easy, no one said it would be.

that's quite a tough bone to swallow & I won't swallow...Namath is in no way a reason for the violence in the world.

When Jesus visited last time,I was so filled with peace and bless that really nothing on the outside had any effect on that state...but the violence and the chaos was not different....only I was zoomed out of it.
One day i was coming home,there were like 20 to 50 men fighting....I usually change my way or hide like other people do in these circumstances because shooting can start at any minute.
But Namat was in a different state....something pulled me towards the crowd ..and I made my way right in the middle of them....there was a man cursing and he pushed another man who fell on me.Then the first man looked and met my eyes...he looked confused for sometimes...and then said to me"I'm sorry for this & for you hearing such words..I didn't know there's a female around"...I nodded my head as a way of saying"it's o.k"...my heart was laughing....The man walked away from the crowd and with him doing so....his men followed...Heard him saying to some men"This time it's finished but if you do that again...consider yourself dead!"

& I say "Thank you Jesus....even Bullies love your presence"

Did I cause this violence ?no....Did I stop it?no...Jesus did....I'm nothing!... I'm not creating any fights...why would I convince myself with such thoughts like I'm responsible for all this?....& how is that bringing me closer to Allah?

here...I've got an idea

what do you say....You go to syria, stay in middle of battles & ...spread some peace
Since we are Creators of our own realities...?

All Love

Edited by - Namath on Jul 26 2012 11:19:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  11:01:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

It is because you assume they are like you, and have love inside and operate based on that love. People who do those things don't have that love, some just temporary, and others not at all. When you don't know love, you operate on other principles, like stealing energy from others.
These people feel the energy given up when others are in pain, and they like that because it is a faint, dark echo that is similar to love, at least in their minds, which do not know love.

And no, you can't just go up and give these people a hug; they'll try to hurt you. They live in a different world. It is connected to ours in very sick ways. I believe that connection is one of the things that will begin to change at the end of this year when a new age begins.

Different scriptures describe it in different ways. Christian writings say it is "Satan", who would be the other god you refer to, causing all the pain and sorrow. Other belief systems say it is all caused by humans. They are just different ways of talking about things that are difficult to put into words.

Hey Etherfish...if you read my reply to Karl,you'll know why I can't but consider Love in all people.Namath can't see it all the time ....but it's our nature...everyone's nature.

In Islam as per Imam Ali's book "AlJaffar"...most of the signs for the end of the world have been revealed....Few more battles...then Jesus and ALMahdi shall show up!...I'm waiting!

All Love.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  12:00:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

When the cold wind blew in the world it blew deep inside me, when the cold wind was blowing bitterly inside me I was blowing it into the world.

Words of truth.I've realized that dear Karl.
This is similar to what i mentioned to Jose.there are thoughts that crosses my mind that is not linked to my person in anyway...time after time... I managed to identify the direction its coming from.Same applies to emotions...It's always two ways.We are mirroring one another.

quote:

that's quite a tough bone to swallow & I won't swallow...Namath is in no way a reason for the violence in the world.

When Jesus visited last time,I was so filled with peace and bless that really nothing on the outside had any effect on that state...but the violence and the chaos was not different....only I was zoomed out of it.
One day i was coming home,there were like 20 to 50 men fighting....I usually change my way or hide like other people do in these circumstances because shooting can start at any minute.
But Namat was in a different state....something pulled me towards the crowd ..and I made my way right in the middle of them....there was a man cursing and he pushed another man who fell on me.Then the first man looked and met my eyes...he looked confused for sometimes...and then said to me"I'm sorry for this & for you hearing such words..I didn't know there's a female around"...I nodded my head as a way of saying"it's o.k"...my heart was laughing....The man walked away from the crowd and with him doing so....his men followed...Heard him saying to some men"This time it's finished but if you do that again...consider yourself dead!"

& I say "Thank you Jesus....even Bullies love your presence"

Did I cause this violence ?no....Did I stop it?no...Jesus did....I'm nothing!... I'm not creating any fights...why would I convince myself with such thoughts like I'm responsible for all this?....& how is that bringing me closer to Allah?

here...I've got an idea

what do you say....You go to syria, stay in middle of battles & ...spread some peace

All Love

Namath is not the reason for the violence, it is just that it is the same violence, there is no separation. One is not a reason for the other because there is no one and no other, they are the same. You and your world are one and the same. There is no cause, no intent, no reason, it just is what it is.

We are not in control of our worlds Namath. We create them, but we do not control them. I would spread no peace in battles unless that was what I do, it is not within my power to decide that, I can only do what I will do and no more can be done. I don't seek to control it, I don't even seek to accept it, it just is.

Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  5:28:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

here...I've got an idea

Namath,

I explained his most carefully in related posts.

"If everyone has free will and is of equal power", then
NOBODY has free will, except deep within themselves.

Let this one sentence wash over you into your innermost
recesses.

This is more true at a so-called spiritual level, but it's
also very relevant in this world.

Sure we can become free inside our skull; but the guy with the
autoshotgun/grenade launcher/IUD will make us road pizza.

But we are more than that. We endlessly rise and fall through
endless cycles of time and not-time.

We must first get our own individual houses in order.

Then we stand as signposts so that others can ease up
and stop being such pricks; our freedom gained through
yoga lets a little light into the world; then others
can follow the example.

Someday, we won't have this chaos of pain and confusion
here. Either humans will learn some basics about existence
and learn to work together; or they go extinct. The 'Universe'
is equally fine with either outcome.

It is true. We ARE the grace that we have been waiting for.

Love,

Kev

Go to Top of Page

Jose

Spain
40 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  6:38:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello all,

The other day I remembered a discourse I once read by a yoga guru known as the Buddha which I thought it could give me a clue for my original question of this thread. It has taken me some time to find it, but here it is if any of you want to read it:

quote:
Then bhikkhus, I, a subject of death, knowing the dangers of death was searching the not born noble end of the yoke and attained extinction (Nibbana). I, a subject of decay, knowing the dangers of decay was searching the non-decaying noble end of the yoke and attained extinction. I, a subject of illness, knowing the dangers of illness was searching the not ailing noble end of the yoke and attained extinction. I, a subject of death, knowing the dangers of death was searching the not dying noble end of the yoke and attained extinction. I, a subject of grief, knowing the dangers of grief was searching, the not grieving noble end of the yoke and attained extinction. I, a subject to defiling, knowing its dangers, was searching the not defiling noble end of the yoke and attained extinction. Then knowledge and vision arose to me, my release is unchanged, this is my last birth, there is no more birth.

Source: http://www.metta.lk/tipitaka/2Sutta...utta-e1.html

So, Namath, the Buddha also saw that THERE IS SUFFERING in this samsaric existence. There is pain in this realm and obviously we can add more suffering to it if we resist it or fight against it, we know that. Probably this world is the way it is just to make us move forward so we can get out of this samsaric wheel.

Edited by - Jose on Jul 26 2012 7:09:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  7:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hey Etherfish...if you read my reply to Karl,you'll know why I can't but consider Love in all people.Namath can't see it all the time ....but it's our nature...everyone's nature.

In Islam as per Imam Ali's book "AlJaffar"...most of the signs for the end of the world have been revealed....Few more battles...then Jesus and ALMahdi shall show up!...I'm waiting!

All Love.

Yes, love is in all people, and some can see it in everyone. But many people can't see it in themselves or others, and so they hate. I'm not trying to explain why these things exist, I am talking about what you can do in practical terms:
When you see these people hurting others, the more pain, pity, anger, and hurt you feel, the more energy you give to the bad people.
That's what they want you to feel. If you can get to a place where you just watch them without any emotional reaction, you will see this. They will look like something is wrong- it's not working.
But then get away from them quickly before they try again.

I agree about all the signs! It may not be what we think though. The end of the world may be the end of an age, and beginning of a new one, which would seem like a new world.
And Jesus returning may be "the christ" returning within us, which is enlightenment. Doesn't matter tho, because either story brings good things soon, and probably within our lifetime. We are very priviledged to be alive now- people have waited thousands of years for this.
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  05:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
morning everybody,
i have a question.
You never feel anger...never ever?
It's not like i'm walking around angry at everything n everybody but there are some situations that makes me boil inside out.
I've witnessed a 6 or 7 years old girl being beaten so bad by a guy .she fell on the ground n he continued kicking her like some football...n ppl were just watching ..some even laughing...i couldn' reach him but if I reached him i was ready to teach him how much a kick can hurt.
Yes i was devastated,in tears and very angry.
I prayed for that little girl...a human figure in gold light appeared n was standing still....i asked him to go n protect the girl...i don't need comfort.

If everything is god's lila. What makes anger any different?

Love
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  06:51:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

morning everybody,
i have a question.
You never feel anger...never ever?
It's not like i'm walking around angry at everything n everybody but there are some situations that makes me boil inside out.
I've witnessed a 6 or 7 years old girl being beaten so bad by a guy .she fell on the ground n he continued kicking her like some football...n ppl were just watching ..some even laughing...i couldn' reach him but if I reached him i was ready to teach him how much a kick can hurt.
Yes i was devastated,in tears and very angry.
I prayed for that little girl...a human figure in gold light appeared n was standing still....i asked him to go n protect the girl...i don't need comfort.

If everything is god's lila. What makes anger any different?

Love

There is a difference in perspective. You have a sense of separate anger, because of a sense of you being separate from the world you experience around you. Anger has become your own personal domain. Instead, anger is impersonal. A flower is not its scent, or it's colour, or it's structure, so what then is a flower ? What then is anger ?
In no way does this prevent the experience of a flower, or the experience of anger. Instead they take their rightful place within unity.

This isn't something that can be understood intellectually, for everyone there is a time when this realisation happens, that the self is not substantial and therefore everything sensed is also insubstantial. Then you can contribute as you see fit, indulge where you want, protect , comfort, love where, when and how you want without disturbance. That's very different from somehow thinking of it as not feeling anger, it's simply a different world entirely.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  07:53:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I feel anger- not nearly as much as i used to. I did backbands and contortions and anger came out for years
all during the work day. The anger I felt had nothing to do with what was going on at the time. So I know my anger was stored. Now it's rare, and i have to give it all of my attention and all my senses for it to go away.

I haven't done back bends for a while; I am curious if there is more in there...
Go to Top of Page

showup

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  08:12:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit showup's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jose
....how comes that the nature is not more gentle with us 'suffering beings'? Do you think this comes out of love?....

Let us assume that you have been send to mars on a mission. For some reason that you have been left there and you can’t come back to earth. You lost all the connections to earth and will not be communicate with humans any further. It is like you have to live rest of your life in mars…alone. How bad or how grate that would be? Stop reading further… Close your eyes and think for full 10 min visualizing this. There is no one to talk. There is nothing to eat…nothing to do…the days may be ok…how about the nights… let us assume that you have couple of boons…as per them (1) you will never feel hunger, so don’t have to eat at all and you will receive your energy from sun; (2) you will never die… will you be happy? I guarantee you that you will be much more miserable there even with those boons than in earth. Will you agree? This is just because being alone is miserable...even if you have been given a third boon which switches off your mind 99.9% of time (and hence your worries) you will still feel pain during that 0.01% of time when your mind comes into action because of loneliness. Would you agree?

It would have been even worst before this universe created…Vedas says that there was One alone without a second…even when the component of mind did not existed in Him… the whole space and time did not existed…there was just The Supreme Self alone and Nothing else existed…suddenly when He became conscious of Himself as “I”…there was Universal Aloneness… became a sort of source for a Universal Dissatisfaction which is the cause for the creation of this universe.

Other than this He is not responsible for our pain and misery. It is just we who are responsible for it. Please go through the ‘Person x’ metaphor in 2nd page last post by me from the link below and read further

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=2

So, how it will be if our ‘Person x’ who works as a drama actor start suing the drama company for his behavior as king outside of drama and attributing his confusion on the drama company…and then start saying that the drama company is too bad…?
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  1:06:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by showup

quote:
Originally posted by Jose
....how comes that the nature is not more gentle with us 'suffering beings'? Do you think this comes out of love?....

Let us assume that you have been send to mars on a mission. For some reason that you have been left there and you can’t come back to earth. You lost all the connections to earth and will not be communicate with humans any further. It is like you have to live rest of your life in mars…alone. How bad or how grate that would be? Stop reading further… Close your eyes and think for full 10 min visualizing this. There is no one to talk. There is nothing to eat…nothing to do…the days may be ok…how about the nights… let us assume that you have couple of boons…as per them (1) you will never feel hunger, so don’t have to eat at all and you will receive your energy from sun; (2) you will never die… will you be happy? I guarantee you that you will be much more miserable there even with those boons than in earth. Will you agree? This is just because being alone is miserable...even if you have been given a third boon which switches off your mind 99.9% of time (and hence your worries) you will still feel pain during that 0.01% of time when your mind comes into action because of loneliness. Would you agree?

It would have been even worst before this universe created…Vedas says that there was One alone without a second…even when the component of mind did not existed in Him… the whole space and time did not existed…there was just The Supreme Self alone and Nothing else existed…suddenly when He became conscious of Himself as “I”…there was Universal Aloneness… became a sort of source for a Universal Dissatisfaction which is the cause for the creation of this universe.

Other than this He is not responsible for our pain and misery. It is just we who are responsible for it. Please go through the ‘Person x’ metaphor in 2nd page last post by me from the link below and read further

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=2

So, how it will be if our ‘Person x’ who works as a drama actor start suing the drama company for his behavior as king outside of drama and attributing his confusion on the drama company…and then start saying that the drama company is too bad…?

Very apt description.

Well executed.

It would't surprise me if you felt the ache and the spanda;
it's there to be perceived in the stillness.

Once you feel that ache; the infinite broken heart that is not
yet even a heart; THIS is what triggers the 'outpouring of love'
which is the true opening of the heart (the so called second
chamber).

Wonderful response.

Love,

Kev
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000